Osama bin Laden dead(supposedly)

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's the thing...

He was living in ah heavily fortified military town, his place was infact less than a mile away from a Military base. Also, it was recently built, and common practice in said town is to have your house inspected regularly, however, records that have been retrieved so far show that no such thing was ever done to this residence...casting a very suspicious light on Pakistan.

Either they were hiding him, OR they are just REALLY dumb.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;3yr28K8W8ik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yr28K8W8ik[/video]

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Al Qaeda, has attacked other countries beside the US, everyone wanted Osama dead.

Also, I'm wondering if Pakistan helped or hurt this operation, I've been hearing mixed reports.
One report says they were present. The other says they were guarding him. Both say they were there. I'd say that this is delicate in terms of diplomacy. If the ISI was guarding him, then Pakistan is in political deep **** for jerking us around the last few years.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could do without the douchey frat boys throwing their false sense of patriotism around.

"WE SHOULD PARTYYY!! HE'S DEAAAAAAAD!"-random college chick on CNN

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if to asume that he's dead, i wonder, why they killed him in a instant, instead of takim alive. Imagine Osama in the US Court, that would be something.

Well he has been #1 of the CIA's and FBI's list of Deadliest men for the longest time. It was a dead or dead situation. They did a DNA test as well with the brain of his sister who died in a hospital not that long ago. They took that to court so they could keep DNA of her to match with his.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And what is a trial. It is nothing more than a charade. A way for the victor to rub it in before killing the defeated. They did it to Saddam, they would have done it to Hitler had he not killed himself, and Bin laden is no different. There are NO fair trials anywhere. The person with the better lawyer gets off with it while the guy who cant afford the better lawyer gets busted. Thats why the mafia was so successful until the cops decided to forget about capturing them alive and go for the kill.
That's pretty damn cynical man. While I'll agree to an extent that having a better lawyer who can find the cracks, loopholes and such will greatly boost your ability to succeed. To say that there are "NO fair trials anywhere" is a far cry from the truth. What is the law if not something that we all believe in?

---

Pretty sure this is real, there is a composite image floating around that is fake, but has been floating around for years, so any image you see is probably fake. However, I don't see any benefit to the US faking his death, all he could do is release another video and bam the US looks rather foolish. On the subject of his death itself, I kinda feel bad that I want to say that I'm over it. Osama's time as the boogeyman hiding in the closet and under the bed was 10 years ago. I've grown, I've matured and I've moved on to other things in my life. Yes he was evil and yes he orchestrated the deaths of more than 3000 innocent people, but the damage and destruction that has been paid to the terrorists has more than made up for it. Terrorism is not over, terrorisim will never be over, but this story? It'll blow over by the end of the month if not sooner.

-edit

Also, I disagree that taking him alive was ever a valid option. Evil as he was, the US who supposedly frowns on torture would not have gotten any information out of him. As messed up as he was, I don't believe he would so easily betray everything he orchestrated.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And what is a trial. It is nothing more than a charade. A way for the victor to rub it in before killing the defeated. They did it to Saddam, they would have done it to Hitler had he not killed himself, and Bin laden is no different. There are NO fair trials anywhere. The person with the better lawyer gets off with it while the guy who cant afford the better lawyer gets busted. Thats why the mafia was so successful until the cops decided to forget about capturing them alive and go for the kill.
a trial is where two parties argue their points over a dispute, with someone to preside over said trial and decide the outcome based on the evidence presented by both sides.
a trial MUST be fair, or the system is broken.

with that said... there's not a country on the planet where Osama would be given a fair trial, and more importantly, i doubt there's a jail in the world where he could be kept safely alive for an extended period of time.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Murderers & rapists would kill him, just to be the guy who killed him, really. He had to die...inevitable.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While his death is of course symbollic to both sides, his hard drives, cell phones, written notes and recording equipment ought to do some damage to his network.
Might be true, but it also depends on how much data resided in his house. The guy even went as far as burning his trash apparently, nor did he have internet. How much would he save on his harddrive then? For all we know, we might only find out that Osama bin Laden was really an avid Mariah Carrey listener.

Al Qaeda, has attacked other countries beside the US, everyone wanted Osama dead.

Also, I'm wondering if Pakistan helped or hurt this operation, I've been hearing mixed reports.
America will be the main target though. The American sense of patriotism and pride will make sure of that. The fact that many Americans always shout about how powerful they are, and how they will never be brought down, will make for an appealing target for other groups, trying to prove otherwise. When they attacked the Twin Towers, they proved the exact opposite, America is as weak as every other country. That's why Al Qaeda will most likely not go after other countries that quickly, especially now.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In other news, Chuck Norris returned from his holiday in Pakistan.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frankly, I don't give a ****, this isn't my war. War is for idiots
The fact that the political figures in the Netherlands support America and the fact that we are their allies, makes this as much 'our' war as anyone else's. We might not be as closely involved as many other countries, that doesn't mean we will not face any repercussions either.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The fact that the political figures in the Netherlands support America and the fact that we are their allies, makes this as much 'our' war as anyone else's. We might not be as closely involved as many other countries, that doesn't mean we will not face any repercussions either.
I'm very well aware of that, if you take a closer look at my post, I said it's not MY war, so like I said, I don't give a **** what happens, until some crazy bastards bombs my house or favourite bar.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose it's natural to question what is told to you, especially something of this magnitude, but honestly, some people won't believe **** from the government unless they are an eye witness to the killing of Osama. Perhaps justified, or perhaps too many Jason Bourne movies.

America is as weak as every other country.
Proving that we can be hurt does not make us equal in strength with all the other countries. Yeah a lot of us are over patriotic, arrogant , and xenophobic, so parts of world have this concept that we deserve all terorist attacks on us, when I'm sure if any other country swapped places with the US, the situation would be similar. What we do to other countries also isn't always justified, but they aren't these puppies that big bad ol America is bullying. I don't think I'd trust Pakistan's government with the same technology and power as the US.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all honesty, I don't trust anyone with the power and technology the US has, not even the US.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then, it's quite simple. We shall stop developing anything, stop progressing towards anything, until Sicron fixes his trust issues.
Though I do agree with the statement a little, there are several degrees of not trusting someone with something. Rather the states, then Russia or Rather a country who's led by several people who came to power through the votes of the people, instead of a country led by one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not talking about all technology, I am more or less talking about 90% of all war-based technologies. And while I understand that many everyday technologies were once funded by the military for development, that eventually ended up in our every day lives., I still don't trust any country with an arsenal of A-bombs for example. The only reason some countries (like the US) still have these are Just-in-case reasons. (Read: "We'll have you know that we have a ****load of A-bombs, attack us, and we'll bomb your country to hell"-mentality.) Other than that, there is no reason to still have them. Yet supposedly, America still has up to 5000 of them (source: Reuters). And honestly, who can blame me for being a bit distrusting and wary about that. Especially some Americans (I am not trying to generalize you), what with their sense of patriotism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom