Osama bin Laden dead(supposedly)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, lets just say even if Osama is alive, we won't be hearing from him, ever. Makes the U S of A look bad you see.
Yeah. Maybe he's job is done and know he's just out of the picture.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hear, hear, America. Osama is dead.

Here's to some good ol' retaliation coming back at you!
my god, you understand how war in general works.

what, you expect us to get attacked and not do anything? i mean the same could be said for them, they attacked us. so here's to some good ol' retaliation that came right back at them!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
i actualy don't belive the whole thing, they didin't show any evidence. They could also say that they found and had a battle with Godzilla, and than they gived him a cookie and he went back to the sea, and the whole world would belive it?.
really?
they found and had a battle with Godzilla?so awesome
they even gave him a cookie? no wayyyyy
too bad Godzilla went back to the sea.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Even if to asume that he's dead, i wonder, why they killed him in a instant, instead of takim alive. Imagine Osama in the US Court, that would be something.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Could be his twin brother.
His name was bin laden to.

Same with sadam he had a double ganger wont doubt on it if mr osama had 1 to.
As for the next thing what if osama is dead?? Is the world save now?? I still doubt on that, if many of his followers will continue point out a new leader and come back with even something bigger.
Nuke the white house, place bombs in schools and maybe much more.

Evidence would be nice not just some simple words.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my god, you understand how war in general works.

what, you expect us to get attacked and not do anything? i mean the same could be said for them, they attacked us. so here's to some good ol' retaliation that came right back at them!

Nope, what I am saying is that I see images like these way too often right now:

when in a couple of weeks time, we might well be seeing images like these again:

What I am saying is that Osama is but one person. One person in a gigantic fractured 'organization'. His death is nothing more than a symbolic death, and the threat that was, is now far greater. There is nothing to cheer for. Yet countless of cheering people seem to inevitably forget that. His death will not weaken Al-Qaeda or the Taliban, instead it might even strengthen them. Both organizations are far to splintered to be led by only one man, they were most likely only inspired by him. His death will inspire them even more. And in the end, this war will continue to rage on in a same fashion as the war between Palestine and Israel has been going on for ages now. You attack us, we attack you, and vice versa.

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Even if to asume that he's dead, i wonder, why they killed him in a instant, instead of takim alive. Imagine Osama in the US Court, that would be something.
Well considering the controversy on simply trying some of the people involved in the 9/11 attacks in new york, it would be that much worse for Bin Laden.

It's good he's out of the picture, though as far as making a dent in the agenda of extremists, we're not even close, nor will we ever be.

Here's to 10 more years of bankrupting ourselves to destroy an idea! There's still some civilians left, we have more work to do.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IF we tried to court him..Layne, it would cost hundreds of millions most likely, on top of what we've spent on him already. We'd get threats to release him, we'd have people charging the court house who want him dead...capturing him alive would be a whole lot worse. Sure, it would have been interesting...but there's no realistic way it could have happened.

sg2

Best answers
Osama is dead, good riddence...

Although, it's more of a symbolic act rather than a meaningful practical one

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IF we tried to court him..Layne, it would cost hundreds of millions most likely, on top of what we've spent on him already. We'd get threats to release him, we'd have people charging the court house who want him dead...capturing him alive would be a whole lot worse. Sure, it would have been interesting...but there's no realistic way it could have happened.
Not really. He murdered innocent people, then we go out and murder him, what difference does it leave between us? He should've faced trial, no one being captured for a crime against America should be denied due process. But now it doesn't even matter, since they actually wanted him dead instead of being captured alive. The whole mission was mounted for that purpose.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-kill_n_856211.html

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/fa62be1d_15539760.jpg

when in a couple of weeks time, we might well be seeing images like these again:

http://www.wanttoknow.nl/wp-content/uploads/9-111.jpg

What I am saying is that Osama is but one person. One person in a gigantic fractured 'organization'. His death is nothing more than a symbolic death, and the threat that was, is now far greater. There is nothing to cheer for. Yet countless of cheering people seem to inevitably forget that. His death will not weaking Al-Qaeda or the Taliban, instead it might even strengthen them. Both organizations are far to splintered to be led by only one man, they were most likely only inspired by him. His death will inspire them even more. And in the end, this war will continue to rage on in a same fashion as the war between Palestine and Israel has been going on for ages now. You attack us, we attack you, and vice versa.
This. ^
The war is still very much on. And it won't be over anytime soon. I can guarantee that.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What court in the land would give Osama Bin Laden a fair trial? There would be no fair trial. There would be no safe incarceration. It was never in the cards for him to be captured alive. To Z Power, I say this. Osama financed, organized, and executed a slaughter of nearly 3000 civilians in New York City. Obama ordered the execution of a fighter in wartime who has, and would have continued to, slaughter innocent civilians. Osama is not an innocent civilian. There is no room for trials in a firefight, if he even got out alive, and somehow got a fair trial somewhere in the US (he is not a US citizen or naturalized alien, and thus has no garauntee of rights under US law). He still would have been executed. Instead there would be a circus trial where we used his words released on his own terms where he claimed credit for the attack. What does a trial achieve? The man not only confessed, he bragged multiple times to Al Jazzera.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, no ones saying it is over. Infact, since this was announced, every single news station, person they interviewed, has said this doesn't change anything, but it is symbolic.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What court in the land would give Osama Bin Laden a fair trial? There would be no fair trial. There would be no safe incarceration. It was never in the cards for him to be captured alive. To Z Power, I say this. Osama financed, organized, and executed a slaughter of nearly 3000 civilians in New York City. Obama ordered the execution of a fighter in wartime who has, and would have continued to, slaughter innocent civilians. Osama is not an innocent civilian. There is no room for trials in a firefight, if he even got out alive, and somehow got a fair trial somewhere in the US (he is not a US citizen or naturalized alien, and thus has no garauntee of rights under US law). He still would have been executed. Instead there would be a circus trial where we used his words released on his own terms where he claimed credit for the attack. What does a trial achieve? The man not only confessed, he bragged multiple times to Al Jazzera.
I have no qualms about his execution. I know there is only way to go. But bringing him in for questioning would've resulted in information that would've ended up saving more lives. Besides that the only reason I wanted to bring him in is for the whole world to see the doom of a man who has caused this world so much pain. It will help morale.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. He murdered innocent people, then we go out and murder him, what difference does it leave between us? He should've faced trial, no one being captured for a crime against America should be denied due process. But now it doesn't even matter, since they actually wanted him dead instead of being captured alive. The whole mission was mounted for that purpose.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-kill_n_856211.html
And what is a trial. It is nothing more than a charade. A way for the victor to rub it in before killing the defeated. They did it to Saddam, they would have done it to Hitler had he not killed himself, and Bin laden is no different. There are NO fair trials anywhere. The person with the better lawyer gets off with it while the guy who cant afford the better lawyer gets busted. Thats why the mafia was so successful until the cops decided to forget about capturing them alive and go for the kill.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no qualms about his execution. I know there is only way to go. But bringing him in for questioning would've resulted in information that would've ended up saving more lives. Besides that the only reason I wanted to bring him in is for the whole world to see the doom of a man who has caused this world so much pain. It will help morale.
The truckload of electronic equipment, notes, and cellphones lifted from his compound will do that without having to deal with him. In fact, those claiming that Al Quaeda is fractured and decentralized forget that all of his orders went out to AQ from his personal courier to the various cells. He was still in charge, it won't stop the cells, but now we likely have very good information on where those cells are. AQ is likely to launch a reprisal attack soon, one we should be plenty ready for. I doubt saving him would have saved more lives.

As a side note, apparently the mother****er used his wife as a shield. One of his sons may have grabbed her and threw her in the way. Classy.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And what is a trial. It is nothing more than a charade. A way for the victor to rub it in before killing the defeated. They did it to Saddam, they would have done it to Hitler had he not killed himself, and Bin laden is no different. There are NO fair trials anywhere. The person with the better lawyer gets off with it while the guy who cant afford the better lawyer gets busted. Thats why the mafia was so successful until the cops decided to forget about capturing them alive and go for the kill.
Agreed on all aspects.

As a side note, apparently the mother****er used his wife as a shield. One of his sons may have grabbed her and threw her in the way. Classy.
He more then deserved what he got.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I am saying is that Osama is but one person. One person in a gigantic fractured 'organization'. His death is nothing more than a symbolic death, and the threat that was, is now far greater. There is nothing to cheer for. Yet countless of cheering people seem to inevitably forget that. His death will not weaken Al-Qaeda or the Taliban, instead it might even strengthen them. Both organizations are far to splintered to be led by only one man, they were most likely only inspired by him. His death will inspire them even more. And in the end, this war will continue to rage on in a same fashion as the war between Palestine and Israel has been going on for ages now. You attack us, we attack you, and vice versa.
While his death is of course symbollic to both sides, his hard drives, cell phones, written notes and recording equipment ought to do some damage to his network.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Al Qaeda, has attacked other countries beside the US, everyone wanted Osama dead.

Also, I'm wondering if Pakistan helped or hurt this operation, I've been hearing mixed reports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom