Online Gamer Dies After 50-Hour Session

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anybody who dies from self-induced exhaustion is an idiot. Your body sends you weak to moderate signals before SCREAMING the signals at you. I find it hard to believe these stories aren't bull****, because after a certain point of exhaustion, you pass out--not die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha, your going to make me think this is a homocide. Seeing as how he died in a videogame cafe, it could have been :p.

But ok, other possibilities could be drugs, and the whole "heart failure after palying video games" thing could just be another attempt to smash video game companies. But meh, I dunno how vicious these reporters are so who knows....

Best answers
i heard it sum time ago from my dad telling me to stop playing... so no new's for me

DMW

Best answers
"To be fair, instruction books don't usually inform the player of the need to eat or sleep"

Quoted from my Soul Calibur 2 precautions booklet:

"Playing video games can make your muscles, joints or skni hurt after a few
hours. Follow these instructions to avoid problems such as Tendinitis, Carpal
Tunnel Syndrome or skin irritation:

- Take a 10 to 15 minuete break every hour, even if you don't think you
need it.

- If your hands, wrists or arms become tired or sore while playing, stop
and rest them for several hours before playing again.

- If you continue to have sore hands, wrists or arms during or after play,
stop playing and see a doctor."

But you are right in a way, some companies have not stepped up to the plate to insure safty while playing there video games. That precautions booklet that I just quoted from comes with EVERY gamecube game. Not sure about the other consoles though.

"To be fair, most human beings don't need instructions to eat or sleep...our body usually freaks out when it's time for those things."

Completly true....
They shouldnt have to use the words,you need to eat and sleep inbetween blah and blah amount of hours of playing,its common f****** sense.Besides the guy may have been on drugs(like Nighterror said),Could have had a disease,or could have known his death was coming to him soon so decided to play video games instead of just moping around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read that the human body can sustain about 10 straight days of conciousness until it just dies of exhaustion... so it's kinda surprising to me that he died after only three days of basically doing nothing (sitting at a terminal and occasionally going to the toilet)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, i never thought you could get heart failure from exauhstion. I am one that takes a real long time to fall asleep, so I usually stay up for about 20 hours, and sleep off 12. I wake up feeling fine, and in great shape, but now im starting to wonder if my heart has gone bad over the summer from off and on sleeping times.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant comprehend how someone can quit their job and play for more than 2 days straight with a video game. The absolute longest I could see myself playing a video game could probably be 12 hours WITH food/drink before I went to sleep.

The story seems a tad farfetched though, Wouldn't he of ecentually napped too long after such an extreme of exhaustion? If this is a hoax, then fake news articles are going to be a good weakness...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the longest i could play a game is like 5 hours, i'd get bored and turn it off. I usually don't allow myself that much time anyways as the agme gets old quicker, and i'd have nothing to do when bored. :D

Best answers
I read that the human body can sustain about 10 straight days of conciousness until it just dies of exhaustion... so it's kinda surprising to me that he died after only three days of basically doing nothing (sitting at a terminal and occasionally going to the toilet)
The human body probably can sustain 10 straight days of consciousness, but I doubt it's the same with everybody. The fact that this guy quit his job to play video games suggests to me that he wasn't exactly in great shape to begin with, this three day playing session probably just finished him off.
I've got to question though, how did he force himself to go to the toilet if he couldn't force himself to rest or eat?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Maybe he was a fat lazy peice of ****? I agree with Alea however, I find it hard to beleive this guy died from playing a video game for 50 hours straight, it must've been due to something else.

Then again, having your eyes glued to a screen for 50 hours... I've never seen that happen, nore do I know the results of that, but the guy probably had a serious seizure and died from that seizure. A seizure seems more logical to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom