On the Melee In 1.2

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Miroku
Yeah, that is true, makes it more skillful, and less whining about always flying accross the level. At least the server option to choose simple and complex will keep me happy.
Yup, thats why were here ;)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The concept for the new melee sounds great, I hope it takes me back to the old Super Butouden games, those were EXTREMELY involved when it came to melee combat, similarly Final Bout. Even if it is dissimilar to those, this idea sounds great, I hope the coding works out well for u, Joe!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah dont worry about the new systems its like 20000 thousand times better than the old one

and besides its not like the team can release a crapy melee system cause it has to go through the testers first and we are very strict on stuff like this:p

Best answers
Im very confident in PCJoe and company's new system eventhough I dont know a thing about it. They are planning on making the melee system better than it already is, and it is pretty damn good right now. So we will just have to wait and see what they've been planning all along.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
yeah dont worry about the new systems its like 20000 thousand times better than the old one

and besides its not like the team can release a crapy melee system cause it has to go through the testers first and we are very strict on stuff like this:p
Hes right about that, if you were to try the current melee in its first stages. You would probaly hate the thing. Any team member / tester that tried the earlyer versions of melee could vouche for that. :D

Best answers
I have made a thread on how I dont want it to get changed already and I also want the servers to have an option with "classic melee" and "advance melee" and when u lick view server it will be among the cvars. That way we will keep the oldschool melee and get a taste of Joes awesome stuffz :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its a great idea, is the patch going to take as long as 1.1?

Best answers
i have seen the idea for the system it looks good or maybe that was a old idea i dunno

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Samanosuke
i have seen the idea for the system it looks good or maybe that was a old idea i dunno
Old idea

Best answers
if im not mistaken, jk2 is jedi knight 2: the jedi outcast. there is no melee in that wut so ever. the closest thing is kicking while using force choke, which is quite fun to do. the other thing they do close to melee is light saber fight, thats all

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee is hand to hand combat or a violent free for all, so a saber fight does qualify. So does a room full of people who are trying to kill each other.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by thatdamngood
if im not mistaken, jk2 is jedi knight 2: the jedi outcast. there is no melee in that wut so ever. the closest thing is kicking while using force choke, which is quite fun to do. the other thing they do close to melee is light saber fight, thats all
Light sabers is 50% of the game.. 100% for me, i only play on saber only servers, weapons are for loosers :p

Best answers
haha amen to that, (damn rocket launchers cant touch me wit my force push) speaking of which, is it ever planned to have some ki smash attack for melee?? (i.e invisible wave of ki smashes person)

Best answers
mwahahahah ph34r my pure pwn@ga Hong Kong JK2ers,mwahahahah

sabers are the true weapons of JK2,weapons fall for either the saber or push :devgrin:

BTW,I've just played with him and he only double teams,saddening huh??and he also block whores :S

[EDIT]Him as in Zilea

Best answers
exatly... u knwo how when u sing yr lightsaber and u push a stafe button and it swings a certane way if there would be away to put that into punches and kicks it would be great and take a long time to master

-=EDIT=- sorry bout this post it was aimed at the guy on the last page i didnt notic a page 2

Best answers
Well i havent been playing esf for long (well not the beta anyways) and at first i thought the melee was excellent, well apart from the fact that everyone in the server thought it would be funny to play volleyball with the newb lol anyways! it was good at first but now i just find it annoying, i see a good chance to fire a quick ki beam at someone but as im charging it suddenly i get smashed halfway across the level and my beam goes who knows where! (but i like the way it still fires hehe) i think esf definatly needs a melee new system! of course i still like to smash people around myself ;) but i've now been playing a week and what can i say, im bored.

Best answers
oOoOO advanced melee, nothing like making the all out battles between two skilled competitors even MORE fun to watch!!! come on guys, i can understand the whole "oooh watch them swoop & attack" each other bit until someone dies, but watching two ppl having an authentic, true to dbz, badass all-outer? i feel a tear coming to my eye, and my pants wetting. PcJoe you have some real dedication to the people, it'll be a new era in half-life modification when u make something so complex :) till then we all shall wait.

Best answers
im a block whore because if you remember, all u were doing was melee, duh

i HAD to block, teleporting is *** because after a few teleports of trying to get out of the way,i run out of ki

Anyway it worked

I hate melee whores

Melee in ESF blows

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom