OMG this is so brutal

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Watch Anime ^^ .
Is a good idea.. or dbz games.. hm

In this video.. is a simple leg/foot attack ..x4. or x5 hm..:( +rotation..

Hehe'h not brutal..

( ^_^ )

Oh boy you sure made a zinger there.

Also thank you for drawing such a detailed breakdown and comparison "watch anime" adds merit to your knowledge and credibility.

Best answers
If I knew the devs were releasing a video I should have volunteered. I have the free time to make a longer one, showcasing more features...I truly hope the ESF community is a fan of stop-and-go type combat. The fast paced fluidic combat of 1.0-1.2 are long gone, my friends.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Awesome as always :) Can't wait for the release ^^

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I knew the devs were releasing a video I should have volunteered. I have the free time to make a longer one, showcasing more features...I truly hope the ESF community is a fan of stop-and-go type combat. The fast paced fluidic combat of 1.0-1.2 are long gone, my friends.
I understand that you're basing your comment off of short video snippets, but categorizing the new melee system as stop-and-go is incorrect. The new system was designed to mimic the feeling of 1.2.X simple melee. Combat is actually much quicker than previous versions. In fact, players are actually rewarded for chaining simple melee hits together.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I understand that you're basing your comment off of short video snippets, but categorizing the new melee system as stop-and-go is incorrect. The new system was designed to mimic the feeling of 1.2.X simple melee. Combat is actually much quicker than previous versions. In fact, players are actually rewarded for chaining simple melee hits together.
All these melee animations look nice but I have a feeling it's starting to all go in a budokai way, which of course we don't want. Now I realize I am jumping to conclusions too early, but there is yet an explanation or a video of an actual battle/melee overview that lets us see how everything will play...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd love to see some unedited gameplay though.
This. That video is from 2010. I think we're ready for something a little more up to date.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with them. It seems like advanced melee isn't really any different from simple melee, other than it takes a second or two longer and it's ahead of simple melee in the advantage triangle, but it would be awesome to see how all the combat options flow together.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah cant wait to see some long gameplay footage or a dev livestreaming it...
or release is soon LOL

its nice to see a tiny clip that we already basically saw with the xmas 2013 video lol

anyways hopefully something happens eventually... it sucks that no one plays ESF 1.2.3... only like 1 server with 1-2 people but leave after a few death..

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There actually has been a video explanation of the melee system.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-special-forces/videos/melee-video-guide#imagebox

The system is pretty much as it was back then. The new wids are only showcasing animations for the thing as they get put in, but the system itself is unchanged.

--- edit ---

There actually has been a video explanation of the melee system.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-special-forces/videos/melee-video-guide#imagebox

The system is pretty much as it was back then. The new wids are only showcasing animations for the thing as they get put in, but the system itself is unchanged.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the idea is to see what a fight would actually look like and consist of rather than a showcase of this function or that function.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I think the idea is to see what a fight would actually look like and consist of rather than a showcase of this function or that function.

I'd love to see a fight between Grega/Renyori or whoever else on the testing squad is a known threat when it comes ESF.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's basically it, then.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'd love to see a fight between Grega/Renyori or whoever else on the testing squad is a known threat when it comes ESF.
This is something we need to see! it would make a great vid and stir up the forums like crazy!

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gurbir and Trex are just both very good at the game, it's not fair to say that Ren and Grega are the only good ones.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Gurbir and Trex are just both very good at the game, it's not fair to say that Ren and Grega are the only good ones.
You are absolutely right Sub. I didn't mean it like that though. More like that they are celebrities of ESF I guess.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't know they're still active. Hell, Ren isn't even really active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom