Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see what the point was in concealing "B" and "Joe's" identitys

Definatly a good read tho

Personally I do think that it is real

And Hitokiri is right there are no dates on that AIM convo it could be weeks old or years

Retired
Best answers
i'm on page 10 atm :) i'll keep reading, but atm I dont really think its real, but i'll keep goin.

*EDIT* Ok, I read it. its interesting, but i'm too rational to believe in that stuff. I think its just a story made up by someone.

first of all, if it was a journal. why write so detailed. if you're freaked like that, you write a story really fast to tell people what happend.

I just think its not true :)

Best answers
Yeah, this isn't a journal. It's specially written to cause fear, and a journal entry wouldn't be like that.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember that one site, it was called like march2003.com or something similar about a guy who found a camera amongst some plain wreckage and on the film there were strange pictures? Not many of you saw it, but i know that at least a few did.

This looks an awful lot like that. Which turned out to be a gimmick to get people hooked on an unreleased book so they would buy it when it does get released.

So I'm absolutely sure this is either something like that, or a very in-depth practical joke.

Best answers
Read it, seen it, doesn't impress me. It had quite a story line, just a lame ending.

Retired
Best answers
Miroku said:
Remember that one site, it was called like march2003.com or something similar about a guy who found a camera amongst some plain wreckage and on the film there were strange pictures? Not many of you saw it, but i know that at least a few did.

This looks an awful lot like that. Which turned out to be a gimmick to get people hooked on an unreleased book so they would buy it when it does get released.

So I'm absolutely sure this is either something like that, or a very in-depth practical joke.
yeah I read that aswell, but I never saw the pictures or anything. so I didnt follow it all the way. but indeed, while reading this cave story. I instantly thought about that other story :)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't really a bad thing, because reading is a good thing, but it may be important for people to know that kind of thing

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Miroku said:

Yeah, i remember that, god that was stupid, prolly exactly the same, i'd prolly read it too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A few noises o_O and some stuff happening what's so shivering and scary about that I thought I was gonna see some pictures of some creature or corpses or someone but just some noises and holes of rocks o_O IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME TO READ.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Joe mysteriously being at the cave when he got there, and nobody at work or the doctor wondering why he had gashes and cuts all over his face, arms, and chest? Meh. It's a good story, but it's just your typical blair witch affair. Still, it kept my hooked, I just wish he had finished it, or left off at a better place. That leave-off is all Blair Witch right there.

Best answers
Yeah it was an alright Story i guess. The only really scary part is the seeing stuff and hearing stuff inside the house part. I though atleast there was going to be pictures of the said "creature". I also looked up the Hodag thing that he was looking up on the internet. It like a 7 foot long lizard demon thing with horns and razor sharp teeth. Like the video camera part its a hard to believe story a pretty far fetched story. Hey but atleast it was a goood story. BTW anybody else have good stories like this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also none of you seemed to notice at the very end he said "I will update this site today, or tommrow at the latest" and he never did, that was (acording to the date) over 2 years ago, make you think, did he die in the that cave, did he find some big monster that ate him then had sex with B? Did joe ever get a girlfriend?

Who knows, but these sites (like the one Magus said, are all fakes, but there very fun to read, and some of them (like this one) was well writen, about the "Oh how did he write it!" he did not write it right away, he wrote it 4 days after (if you had bothered to read it you would know) Soo meh, good story really, but the pics where ****.. the one magus said (about the "ARK" You will know what I mean if you have read it..) had real good pics.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Notice the first picture of the opening he was talking about in that cave? there is a gloved hand sticking through from *inside.* He was trying to make it wider so he could get *inside.* Therefore that picture doesn't make any *sense.*

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i noticed that as well, but i figured there had to be a reason for it if it was that obvious, i doubt anyone who could think up a story like that would forget about a detail like that

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don't know but he handled that situation kind of retardedly, i would of brought a gun or a knife or something.

let me go in their unarmed with half my gear and a video camera woohoo im smartest man alive. only in america, its probably somewhere in michigan or minnesota near the great lakes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Notice the first picture of the opening he was talking about in that cave? there is a gloved hand sticking through from *inside.* He was trying to make it wider so he could get *inside.* Therefore that picture doesn't make any *sense.*
I think you are *right* :smile:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
There was nothing scary about that, he hallucinated, got a rope yanked, and heard a scream
geez thats what life is for a normal guy having sex is isn't it?

in other words...it wasn't scary :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hwoarang, he really had no reason to go so far as to purchase a gun or bring a knife until the really screwed up, rope-tugging crap started happening. If you remember, he buys one and brings it on his final trip.

Sonic, if I remember correctly, the glove was placed in the hole, and the picture was taken, because he wanted to show the reader how big the hole was in reference to the glove. There was no hand in the glove, nobody was "coming from the inside" or anything.

Best answers
The glove was just stuck in there to give you an idea of the hole's size... I don't think there was supposed to be anyone's hand in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom