OK im major newb, help me

Best answers
ok how do i join games...i get connected to server but then the count down timer just goes to zero then it starts over again on a different server, what do i do when im connected?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the forums.

If you mean the countdown WHILE connecting to a server, it will only switch to "another" server if you are trying to connect using the "Quick Start" option in ESF. To avoid this, simply select a server from the list under "Internet Games" (make sure you filter 'are playing game' to ESF and then press UPDATE) and then join a specific server.

Best answers
ok i used the program they told me to use, i select a server from the list and it brings up the esf game server, but then is says Welcome to whatever server i clicked on and then just sits there, is there a button i have to press?

Best answers
OK, i think i understand now.... think.....
You have to choose what team you want then what character you want. Also check the manual for how to handle each character.

Best answers
*sighs*
This is kind of common sense... Take a screenshot (F5) and show it to us, the screenshot will be in your half life folder.
EDIT: I did that myself:
Step 1
Step 2

Best answers
o well, c i dont even get there.......i join the game from the server list and it comes up with a screen that says ESF across the top, and says connecting to Won, or whatever, then connected, then it says connected to server and then it just sits there. and i took a screen shot but i guess u have to be able to post attachments but for some reason i cant....

Best answers
No you need to have a host for the picture, if you have aim maybe we could sort this out... Im lost

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
patience my brother. wait about a minute (or less) itll connect.

Best answers
Well after talking to him on aim yesterday, I had him connect to my server. With the server log on i saw him connect, but then drop 10 seconds later. I told him to be patient but he insisted there must be a button to press... Just listen to Chris's advice.

Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
patience my brother. wait about a minute (or less) itll connect.
yes it always takes about 1-2 minutes for my ESF to finish connecting and start up right but not to long

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom