Off-Topic Posting

Best answers
Just a question, why is it that off-topic posting isn't counted in your post count? Kind of bugs me, I mostly hang around the off-topic forums and I would most likely have more than a thousand had this not been the case

Best answers
ya me to all of them should count but like hsu said well u know what he said lol i would have over 500 right now i mostly hang around this and sig section.

Best answers
because its all just random crap lol. Im the same artwork and here is where im at cause i dont play the game, and ive been on for like 2/3 years lol

-SaN

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I don't really care, I never really look at the post count anyways. So i'm fine with however they have it.

Retired
Best answers
because the off-topic is the place where people spam the most, if you have a postcount in this. this would be encouraged.

for your information, if you think 1000 extra posts is much...if we had off-topic counting postcounts I would have had 6000 by now instead of 1799..

Best answers
I don't know if it would be encouraged, you could say the same if it wasn't counted in the ESF-Chat section.
I know it's not a big deal.. but.. you know..

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you really care about post count then this is not the forum to be at. Post count means nothing, it does nothing for you, will not make you more popular, will not make your penis larger.

IT IS JUST A NUMBER. If you think you get anything from having a high post count you are wrong.

As for what Ryoko said, if posting in off topic actually counted everyone who has been here for a year or more would have WELL over 1000 posts. I would have about 7000 and hibiki... well his posts would roll over again and again and be somewhere in the 100000 range.

Best answers
Tassadar said:
Just a question, why is it that off-topic posting isn't counted in your post count?
"one word story" and threads like it.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cyfore said:
"one word story" and threads like it.
Wow, took the words out of my mouth, I was just about to reply and say, look at the one word story. It's over 1000 posts long in itself.

The reasons have basically been covered, off-topic is for off-topic, your post count doesn't really need to go up by letting everyone know what your favourite/food/song/etc... is.

And like Hsu said, post count is only a number, nothing more, nothing less.

Best answers
Yea, why would a post count matter?

"OMG! Wow, I have the most posts on a forum. I am therefore the best person EVER!!!".

Guess what? No one cares how many times you have wasted between 10 seconds and 5 minutes (average post times I just made up) of your life. o_O

Best answers
How does HiBiKi have so many? 8000+ posts? You would only get that many if you posted every single day, since the day you joined. Unless he became a mod after a few days from joining and was doin what mods usually do.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Lethal_Vegetto said:
How does HiBiKi have so many? 8000+ posts? You would only get that many if you posted every single day, since the day you joined.
Why are you turning this thread against Hibiki? He has been around forever, thats why. I probably would have as much as him if I hadn't been inactive for 2 years. He probably got those posts being nice and helping people out. And yes, he was a moderator from the beginning of these forums.

Best answers
Hsu said:
... will not make your penis larger.
/start wise-ass session

Ya know... there are girls/women on this forum as well :]

/end wise-ass session

But yeah, seriously, why do you are about your post count? It does nothing... except add a little number under your 'location' thingy.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IsrAlien said:
/start wise-ass session

Ya know... there are girls/women on this forum as well :]

/end wise-ass session

But yeah, seriously, why do you are about your post count? It does nothing... except add a little number under your 'location' thingy.

I stand by what I said.

Retired
Best answers
SSFT said:
Why are you turning this thread against Hibiki? He has been around forever, thats why. I probably would have as much as him if I hadn't been inactive for 2 years. He probably got those posts being nice and helping people out. And yes, he was a moderator from the beginning of these forums.

actually he wasn't a moderator since the very 'beginning' of the forums, but that's not the point.

i'm with hsu, postcounts really mean ****.

Lid

L
"IT IS JUST A NUMBER. If you think you get anything from having a high post count you are wrong. " - I am the experiment that proved this hypothesis.

Oh and Hibiki was not a moderator since the beginning, and to be frank I was largely against his original moderator status (c'mon I can't be the only one to rememeber Hibiki: DMZ Hater and the numerous flame wars me and him had. Since then however he stopped turning any thread mentioning the word "DMZ" into a massive flame war between me and him.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have been around forever aswell and my post count is but a measelly 600+

and yeah i was amazed when hibiki became a mod. he was the biggest spam/flame/dmzhater/ect around he was unruley i say.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i have over 1000 posts in the modeling section alone. that's where i be at most of the time. now i hardly visit there because none of the "old-school" people post anything new.

-=reffers to=-
Shijing
Nuttzy
Pr0
Bolt
Smo *hardly*
The ultra era
Myself
SSC
well basically anyone who kept the modeling section alive.

Well off-topic is where i visit much now. I'd have over 2000 posts if off-topic counted. I wanna stick around to my 2000th post but i dont think i'll be around then. Anywho this topic has been answered in numerous of ways, so i dont see how i can give a different answer lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom