Of websites and templates...

Best answers
So here's what I've been trying to figure out for a while...
A lot of sites, like ESF, Mechmod, Final Fantasy The End, and the former redsaiyan, hell any site that takes itself seriously has a "template" page where there's a box in the middle for content and a sidebar off to the side, splash banner up top and all... basically there's a template used for each page and the content is kept in one table cell (I think) in the middle. I'm wondering how that kind of site is put together- I've heard rumors of PHP coding used, but are there any webmasters out there who has insight into this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's php script based. It's real BS...you get the image dimensions and make them yourself. Those places are usually created using things like "php-nuke," unless I'm mistaken.

Best answers
ahh who cares if its BS, still would be cooler than my crappy hole-in-the wall site (I need to update- can't u tell?)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You can just download a "web-portal" and hack your design into it. Or you can actually learn PHP and make one yourself like I'm doing. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I design for people and while I could make my life easier on the corporate end and do that, I prefer a personal approach. Though I want to learn PHP, so I can code my own "auto-updating" scripts for each page. That way people can't screw up my code. Hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread