Ocean Marketing PR Fiasco

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a feeling people working in videogame-related PR are going to be a lot nicer from now on.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone working in PR should be nice, they work for a ******* PR firm. And they should at least try to use proper grammar. typing lik dis makes u look lik an idiot , u no?

Some people are just ******* stupid. And what's sad is that they don't even know how ******* stupid they are.

edit: I just want to reiterate that I cannot believe how stupid that individual is. It's astonishing.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I no ppl form funmation yu gaize, i wil get yu baned.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still upset about how mind numbingly stupid that man is. He's also probably having an affair, the guy had profile on a dating site which had activity from a month ago.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is why this wake up call was needed. While in some ways the new generation makes me lose my faith for a better future, in most regards I see more collective goodness among us. Some of us who were bullied and tormented before now have enough power to collapse entire companies.

Which is both a good and a bad thing. Foolish people like that PR will always exist, but the question is how are we going to deal with them? This is just one way.

Whether the best? I do not know.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
This might just be the stupidest thing i have ever read.
This is worse than Capcom EU's PR during the time when Legends 3 was cancelled, jesus.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thanks guys for bringing this to us, it was....a good read!

That was probably the biggest douche I have ever heard of, "oh yeeh son? I kno, dat and dat person..I don't give a **** who you are, I kno him and her. Who are you?!"

He was really retarded, seriously. How can someone like that work with PR? :/ I'm glad he got fired and all that. Loved Mike Krahulik, he was liek a baws! I would give that Dave guy 2 Avenger Controllers, and the XStand instantaneously.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is why this wake up call was needed. While in some ways the new generation makes me lose my faith for a better future, in most regards I see more collective goodness among us. Some of us who were bullied and tormented before now have enough power to collapse entire companies.

Which is both a good and a bad thing. Foolish people like that PR will always exist, but the question is how are we going to deal with them? This is just one way.

Whether the best? I do not know.
Wake up call? Collective goodness? Nerd rage? What the hell are you on about? This is typical internet backlash. Some guy is upset about something, a bunch of other dudes decide they're upset too, and then the internet decides it must be bandwagon time so everyone hops aboard as well. Very few people actually give a **** about this ridiculous PR firm, and fewer still care about the guy behind the controller who's trying to make his mark. It's all feigned outrage. Hey, remember that time we extradited our own citizens so they couldn't be protected by our laws? Yeah, whatever man. This PR firm has gone too far!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but it would not have been possible if key people like Mike Krahulik hadn't decided to spread the news. Like that PR himself says, if PA, Kotaku and other sites hadn't posted what happened, there would have been no backlash and the PR trolling would have continued. Not any more.

Its obvious that not everybody on the internet is going take part in it for the sole reason of helping Dave or giving the PR a taste of his own medicine, but something did happen, and I guess thats all that matters.

On the otherhand it annoys me that there are trolls giving bad reviews to the accessory that had nothing to do with the whole deal.

And it seems I forgot to link the second half of what happened.

http://penny-arcade.com/resources/an-update1.html

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
My point is why does this matter in a world where things a million times worse don't cause the average person to bat an eyelash? How can anyone say, "WE ******* DID IT, GENTS. WE STUCK IT TO THE MAN" and take themselves seriously?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
in some ways the new generation makes me lose my faith for a better future
=/

10char

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What exactly is your generation doing to create a better future? Other than, you know, taking on a PR firm. You're speaking as though you're 90 years old and you no longer understand the world in which you live.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Amen for rational minds.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite honestly the only ones i feel sorry for are Pauls wife and kid. The internet is a scary place if you get involved in its wrath. And it is not a nice thing to be caught in the crossfire when the net blows.

That said i think This perfectly describes the case.

Mike Krahulik said:
Someday every bully meets an even bigger bully and maybe that's me in this case.
Paul got caught by a bigger fish and got smacked down.

Does this mean the little man has the power (as instigated earlier)?
No it means that Paul made a mistake by naming PAX and got beat up for it.

Will this do anything to change the world for the better?
Not really. Im more afraid it will portray games as revenge loving vigilante types.

Will anything really change?
No itll all be forgotten in a month or so by the greater majority as it was with all the past incidents of this level. The internet doesnt care. Once its will gets done it moves on to the next thing.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone's a tough guy when they don't have to do anything face to face.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone's a tough guy when they don't have to do anything face to face.

Thats precisely why the internet is a hungry beast. If you control the net, you control the world. People are not afraid of anything as long as they stay anonymous, yet they are pissed off at something so they use the net to vent that anger and that brings forth gigantic ****storms. The problem here is that the net tends to have a hive mentality, so if you manage to focus that hive mentality on to one target, the beast will start moving fueled by all the combined anger and nothing you can do will stop it until its hunger is sated.

As a customer i agree with the fact that Ocean got fired. The PR was unprofessional and only hurt the product. Especially since this may not have been an isolated case. But anything beyond that is to much. Yet the net wont stop moving. It found an easy pray and it will hunt.

Thats the double edged sword of net anonymity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom