Oakland religious school shooting

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ies-in-oakland-religious-school-shooting.html

Oakland police said there were "multiple fatalities" after a gunman opened fire at an Oakland religious nursing college.

Officials at a news conference said the gunman came into the college and fired multiple shots just after 10 a.m. They did not say how many people were hit.

Officials said they don't know if the gunman is inside the campus or fled the scene. SWAT officials were still evacuating students, according to Officer Joanna Watson.

Oakland police announced that the suspect is an Asian man with a heavy build and wearing khaki clothing. Officials also urged the public to avoid the area.

Dramatic live television footage showed officer swarming around the small Christian university, with some appearing to enter the main building. Some civilians were seen being rushed from the building and into police vehicles.

The shootings occurred at Oikos University, which according to its website is a Christian university that "was established specifically to serve the community of Northern California in general and San Francisco and Oakland areas in particular."

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure why you're just randomly posting a link. We do have access to news sites, and if you're not going to give your own input, this thread has no purpose what so ever.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Why can't I post to hear other peoples thoughts on it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because it makes you look like a dumbed down version of Mkilbride. And considering how most of us feel about Mkilbride as it is, you don't want that.

This whole "school shooting" thing has become a trend. It's not new or shocking.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
There's been many threads that have created with a link to a news article or similar, and then just "Thoughts?" or "Discuss."

So show me that there's a rule against this or keep quiet, thanks.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's been many threads that have created with a link to a news article or similar, and then just "Thoughts?" or "Discuss."

So show me that there's a rule against this or keep quiet, thanks.
There's no problem with posting links, but if you want people to discuss it, post your own opinion about the article's subject first.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oakland police say that a possible suspect is in custody after a shooter killed multiple people and injured several more at a religious university in Oakland on Monday morning.
On its Twitter feed, Oakland police wrote “Possible Suspect in custody. No imminent public safety threat appears to exist in immediate area,” and minutes later Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson confirmed to the news media that one suspect had been detained.
There have been conflicting reports in the Bay Area media as to how many people were shot and how many fatalities there have been.
Oakland police had described the suspect is an Asian man with a heavy build and wearing khaki clothing. The school, Oikos University, is not far from Oakland International Airport and the Oakland Coliseum.
Dramatic live television footage showed officer swarming around the small Christian university, with some appearing to enter the main building. Some civilians were seen being rushed from the building and into police vehicles.
According to its website, Oikos University is a Christian university that "was established specifically to serve the community of Northern California in general and San Francisco and Oakland areas in particular."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/04/oakland-religious-college-shooting-1.html
A suspect was detained yesterday, although they're not saying much about it. Apparently an asian man wearing khaki, they also mention that they're near an international airport, hm... I take it that nobody knew the suspect.

Also, the local police force have a twitter feed, groovy!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Oakland sure hasn't changed much since the last time I've been there.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oakland has always been a piece of **** city

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am hereby suggesting that Dam may have been the shooter, as he is clearly not very fond of Oakland.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I haven't, or I imagine I'd be killing students right, left, and centre, just like Dam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom