non-stop beeping on friends computer

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, my friend got this problem, after he uses his computer for about 20 mins, the speaker inside the pc starts beeping, and wont stop, until he reboots or shuts down, its really annoying, is there any way to stop this?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like it's over heating or something

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
His bios is probably set to "warn" him when a component, like his CPU, gets too hot. Try going into the bios and looking for a "high temperature warning" setting.

Either that, or find the cause of the overheating (crappy/dead CPU fan, poor airflow through the case, etc.) and fix it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, i'll have to convince him of it, because its been like that for about a year now, and he reckons that its unsolveable cuz his uncle cant fix it lol, thanks for the help :)

Best answers
I had / have the same problem with my PC.

It is a heat issue. I looked inside my case and found that since the day I got my PC, the intake fan didnt work, because the idiots that secured the hard drive used a screw that was too long, and it blocked the fan.

He should check to make sure his fan(s) aren't being blocked, and that there all working properly. If that dosn't work, try moving the computer to a cooler location.

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
thanks, i'll have to convince him of it, because its been like that for about a year now, and he reckons that its unsolveable cuz his uncle cant fix it lol, thanks for the help :)
o_O his uncle doesn't know enough then :p. First thing I would have done is check the temp with mbm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom