No HL Mods showing up?!

Best answers
Uhh well I tried to play ESF just earlier and I couldnt join any servers THROUGH THE MAIN MENU, it gave me the message "not compatible with current protocol version" WELL, I tried using gametiger and I connected to a server!! WTF?!?! I have the RETAIL version of Counter-Strike. I read some similar threads but it gave me nothing because they were all talking about warez and stuff, and I bought CS. I heard there was an update of HL to 1.1.1.0, which might have something to do with this menu glitch, but I never updated HL before because technically I don't have HL, just a HL.exe to play mods. Gametiger works to connect and I'm guessing using console to connect to servers will work as well, but using the HL Menu to connect is out? Can someone tell me if this has something to do with the update of HL 1.1.1.0?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea... Your suppoed to update... but I dont see how you could play without doing so before...

Best answers
AhHHH i figured the problem out.... Ok here is my situation for anyone who has the same problem with the new HL update:

I have CS Retail, so around version 1.3 I changed my cstrike.exe to HL.exe in order to play ESF, DoD, and other HL mods since they need a HL.exe to WORK! SO, after the update of version 1.5, I have a cstrike.exe AND hl.exe, and my CS shortcut on my desktop has -hl.exe as a target, which messed up my HL menu! It may sound kinda whack, and it is, I actually am confused because I COULD NOT play any mods without a hl.exe, and NOW I can play them without the hl.exe. GOD THIS **** IS ***, WHY CANT CS HAVE THE SAME EXE AS HL!!!

(My problem is solved if you can't tell...)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Problem solved. Case closed. Thread closed. If anyone has something they would like to add for some reason feel free to PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom