Nintendo's Reputation?!?

Best answers
What you guys have to remember, though, is that when we -- the original gamers -- started playing video games... we were the kids which Nintendo popped out video games for by the dozen. We were the only ones getting this gaming goodness... and then we grew up, and expect Nintendo to grow up along with it?

Aint gonna happen. Nintendo is, technically, doing their thing by playing with their strength, which is appeal to a younger fan base, via crappy saturday morning cartoon shows, and other mentally deficit media. They have a right to, but I'll admit I would be much happier being able to get games that aren't just the ones Nintendo has exclusive rights to.... I want to get the system for MORE than just Zelda, ok?!

The thing that makes us all so defensive about Nintendo is that we grew up with it... But the key word is grew up, and we're all mad that other kids are growing up with it, rather than competing to keep us.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you gotta think about one thing... You cant really blame Nintendo.

I mean, when you get a Sony Playstation, the majority of the games you buy are third party games. Sony rarely has any good games themselves, I mean, I think that besides Killzone (which had an OK Single Player but lacked a good/descent Multiplayer), all Sony had going before it was... Crash Bandicoot (which brings me to a question - did they get rid of Crash?).

Anyway, I never really cared about "Jack & Daxter" or Ratchet & Clank. Im not into Adventure games to begin with, only Action, Fighting, First Person Shooters & Role Playing Games.

But atleast Nintendo has a really good RPG Going for it (Zelda) and what once was "Super Metroid"... They still have the Metroid Series (though I dont think any Metroid will live up to Super Metroid). I mean, and just recently third party devs started releasing their good titles on the GC (I still think its pathetic that people are turning to the Game Cube, and it took Resident Evil 4 - to give it notice, when IMO Resident Evil 1 remake was better).

I wouldn't be suprised if Capcom, SNK and Sammy started making games for Nintendo & Xbox Only though. But theres still a certain beauty in 2D Games that 3D Games just cant beat, and it remains in certain genre's.

And then you have Namco with its Namco x Capcom. Though I dont think that game was going to make its way into the US to begin with (and suprisingly enough it has nothing to do with Sony's dissaproval on 2D Games).

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtf, How did an admin and a mod post in here and not notice the 1 month difference between posts

Closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom