Nice "Free" Forums?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Does anyone around here knows good, nice, and especially free forums? Vbulletin is nice, and so is Invision, but so expensive. And that for a forum, which i just would never pay for. My opinion though, but that's not my question. I'm asking if anyone knows a good, free forum with tons of skins and hacks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
might google up invision free board or sum like this, you get a early version of invision board free hosted and installed ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
most people think proboards sucks but they added a nice update a while back that made it more stable and customizable

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am going to have to put in an other reccommendation for phpbb. I use it alot, and it goes nicely as modified to be put into phpNuke

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only beef I have with phpbb is the fact that it can be hacked wit hease. When I use to Admin/moderate the Secret Saiyan forums, the forums + site got hacked due to the amount of security wholes & flaws in it. Most of them would of been fixed by now. However, ther'e could still be flaws in it that allow a normal user to find his way to set himself as a admin/mod.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
clicdev.com
bbfree.com

I know my places. *COUGH*

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I forgot to mention, no phpBB. And secondly, no forums which are hosted up already. I meant more forums that i can set up on my own webhost. And thanks Swift, i'll check them out.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
General Overlord said:
The only beef I have with phpbb is the fact that it can be hacked wit hease. When I use to Admin/moderate the Secret Saiyan forums, the forums + site got hacked due to the amount of security wholes & flaws in it.
Who would do that? <_< >_> :D

PHPBB seems to have a new flaw found weekly. They seriously need to do a massive code audit/scrap 2.x and start working on 3.x from scratch

You can always try something like http://simplemachines.org

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I got SimpleMachines, thanks anyway though. Any more? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom