NFL Thread '12

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah yes, another season coming up. Gotta see how the Steelers do this year as well as see if Superman doesn't get Sophomore Slump. I am kinda on the edge for Steelers this year.... Though I was like that a while back and they ended up winning the Super Bowl.

My three teams this season to watch aside from Hometown and Favorite are probably going like this:

-Cincinnati Bengals
I am looking at AJ Green and Andy Dalton. These plays look pretty good for a team that seemed to fall apart in rough situations but they still looked a lot better last year than the year before. Though it is a bit of a young team, it still may have the capability of being good this year.

-Buffalo Bills:
These guys got a player back from injury. Mario "Super Mario" Williams, the highest paid defender as of now due to a $96 million contract with $50 million guaranteed. Let along they picked up Mark Anderson, Defensive End free agent from New England. They have a pretty easy schedule this year aside from playing Steelers, Houston, and San Fran. Their running back Fred Jackson returns after his 6 game injury.

-Chicago Bears:
- They will get back Jay Cutler and Matt Forte for next season. Immediately, this upgrades their offensive game. New offensive coordinator Mike Tice is pining for a play-making receiver who can win the one-on one battle in single coverage. The Bears were 7-3 before Jay Cutler went down. They are certainly capable of a resurgence in 2012.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niners baby

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slowly creeping up on us! Preseason INC!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Preseason is almost here! Yus!

I also think the Bears are going to tear things up this year if they can stay healthy, they just paid Forte and with an actual receiver (Marshall) they are looking dangerous. Their division is going to be brutal.

The San Diego Chargers should be pretty nasty this year, they added a bunch of defensive pieces in the offseason. Phillip Rivers had a freak bad year last season, and the dude is a total baller so I see them being a playoff contender once again.

The Houston Texans are going to be pretty stacked. Even though they lost Mario, they are still a pretty slick team. I fully believe if Schaub didn't go down they would've been in the Super Bowl last year.

As for my Ravens, we have a harder schedule this year and our offensive line is in flux right now. However, this is the first time Flacco has gone into an offseason with his receiving crew. Torrey Smith has been coming into his own and as long as our receivers can actually catch the ball this year, the offense should step their game up. Playing Pittsburgh twice in 3 weeks (with San Diego in between) is going to be brutal, but I think we can pull it off.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
niners baby

Also if Matt Flynn proves to be anything even slightly above backup caliber, your niners will actually be challenged for that wimpy division over there. Seattle is a few pieces away from being A Good Football Team.

AFC and NFC North, now those are awesome divisions. (Except, lol vikings and lol browns)

unrelated:

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want to see Randy Moss have a good season this year.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Same here, the dude is a legend and I always love watching the guy play. The '98 Vikings and '07 Patriots were two of the best offenses of all time. I'm not taking anything away from studs like Cris Carter, Randall Cunningham, Tom Brady, etc. but Randy was a big help to both of these units' production.

I'll be watching Panthers games a bit more this year, I really like Cam Newton and he's fun to watch. I've heard about Andrew Lucky constantly for 2 years so I'll also be watching the Redskins to see if RGIII is any good, because I don't care about Luck too much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's going to be an interesting year. If Cam can take us pretty far this year I might have a new favorite team. Haha I can't help but love watching Cam play.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Cam owns. With the Saints being gimped this year and Atlanta being pros at imploding by the end of the season, Carolina should be able to make a run for the NFC:S title.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cam owns. With the Saints being gimped this year and Atlanta being pros at imploding by the end of the season, Carolina should be able to make a run for the NFC:S title.
This is what we were talking about at Work. I don't expect to see Saints doing shit this year. I mean mind you they still got Drew Brees but one man can't win a game.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The offense will still light things up with Brees and Graham on the field, but the suspensions put their [already bad] defense in shambles.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. It's going to be a great season to watch. Though I don't know how my Steelers are going to do this year. I am going to watch the Patriots this year as well.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm just waiting til week 3 because we'll have our rematch with the Patriots. No Lee Evans to drop the gamewinning TD this time. So far this off-season, Cam Cameron is running a spread offense for once, Flacco is looking really sharp, and for once the receivers seem to be holding onto the ball. I've seen Joe hit receivers in the chest for too long and it's really nice to see he finally has weapons for that cannon arm of his. Dude's a baller.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We'll just have to see if they can keep it up all season. Flaco has an arm that is for sure, but what good is an arm to throw with nothing to throw to. Last year was a really rough one. I figured atleast Dam's team would have made it to the Super Bowl but it turned into a guy 1 and guy 2 thing you didn't expect and the beginning of the playoffs.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea, both the 9ers and the Ravens lost the Conference title games because of stupid **** ups. Last year, tight end Dennis Pitta end up having phenomenal hands, and this will be Flacco's first full offseason with him. Laquan Williams is also another wide receiver who is turning heads in training camp right now.

Either way I'm mainly happy they paid Ray Rice. Dude is a gamewrecker.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steelers had the same thing happen. One small **** up cost their play offs. I really didn't expect Giants and Patriots.

Literally I am so hyped to see Cam Newton play I have barely paid attention to anything Steelers preseason.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Preseason officially starts today. Football is here. Too bad it's preseason though.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. Can't wait to see that game tonight!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Double Post!

Fantasy League Team:
QB: Cam Newton
RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Torrey Smith
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Tony Gonzalez
W/R: Wes Welker
K: David Akers
DEF: Ravens

Bench:
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Mike Tolbert
WR: Laurent Robinson
TE: Greg Olson
K: John Kasay
DEF: Patriots

Looking good this season.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Shit I forgot all about fantasy league. Drafting my team now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom