News of the day.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
I'm very dissapointed actually.
Care to explain? what are you dissapointed in? There isn't much to be dissapointed about. The frieza model kicks ass. The crashing bug is pretty much fixed. And Yeah...Make more models like that freiza model :D

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That uber ugly vegita is from the first public release . . . Alpha version 1.5 or 1.6 . . . I cant remember exactly which, but it isn't the 1.8/1.9/2.0 Vegeta.

Best answers
well the greatest news on Earth is here with the crashy buggy thingy is gone now. I really havent had any crashes lately as well. the only problem is when i join a srver it take about 30 seconds for me to choose a character. O_O o_O

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Care to explain? what are you dissapointed in? There isn't much to be dissapointed about. The frieza model kicks ass. The crashing bug is pretty much fixed. And Yeah...Make more models like that freiza model :D
I would almost agree....

Revitalized Prince said:
(lol) I seriously hope you're on something. The newer Frieza looks much better.
I'll start from the top....

- Horns:

No attempt at actual shading

- Head [White Section]:

Very light shading that does not reflect the actual relief of the object. Lines added look very much slapped on with little if any actual ingergration.

Though the rest of the head does look pretty accurate and I do like the shading job on the actual skin/face section, very clean very crisp.

- Neck

The shading is maybe TOO light here. Under the neck does not look like shadow and more like a chunk has been removed from the muscles. I would have liked to see some indication between the transition between the white armor style and the neck, instead it was just left. (Some was made towards the front).

- Pink sections [Arms, legs]:

I am always interested when people do a piccolo model or a freeza to how they handle the lines across their pink sections. This is just lines slapped ontop of the skin, which I find (not wrong), just rather dissapointing.

No effort was made to disguise the deformation of the lines on the knee, which I was again dissapointed with.

Down near the crotch, which is probably the darkest section, the skin actually gets lighter as you move down.

- White Armor Sections [Chests, Wrists, Ankles]:

Chest - I probably dislike this the most, the skin is flat and has a very poor light source. Has heavy block shadow with no intergration at the side. NO shadow at all under the arms. At the top on each side that connects to the shoulders, the skin dosent even fit the mesh correctly. Also I dont get the part between the two breastplates at the bottom, its either shadow or it isnt. its just THERE.

Shoulders - Basically this section on the skinmap is FAR too small, the blurring and deforming is just awful. The shading is again unreflective of the actual shape and the apparent block grey shadows dont even fit the purple armor section attached to the top.

Wrists - look fine, but nothing special. (though I know they are wrists and there isnt much you can do with them). I dont understand why there is a light line closest to the arm though. The gradiant of the shadow should go right to the end then curve off into shadow as you move down towards the arm.

Ankle - Again it looks like the skin dosnt even fit the mesh. the circular shape look to me like it should be an edge, and no effort was made to define the edge near the leg.

- Undi-pants:

Look good to me

- Feet:

Look like not alot of effort was put into them. Again slapped on lines with no intergration. The nails on the hands and feet look like photoshop embossed triangles.

I honestly think this skin needs ALOT of work before it is used, but thats just my opinion. I know I am seem to have just picked apart the skin but thats just what I think is wrong. Overall if you dont look closely the skins look quite alot like freeza. I just dont think, from a technical POV, It passes.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
(lol) I seriously hope you're on something. The newer Frieza looks much better.
"Lol." I seriously hope you're on something to think you can tell people they're opinion is wrong. I personally think the old one looks better, and no amount of your sarcasm and stupidity will change that.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alea, it's his suggestion that he like's it and you don't. He can make his own comments :)

I like both, but sometimes the renders look ownage but when there ingame they suck

Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
I like both, but sometimes the renders look ownage but when there ingame they suck
True, but renders give you a very good idea of what it will look like ingame. Aslong as people dont go adding lights and effects and what not.

Self illumination + Idle & Animated Poses = Good shots giving good idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
- Horns: No attempt at actual shading
There is shading, but they are a small part of the skin and on a 256x, the space is better used to have detail elsewhere. There is highlights on the top of the horns, it looks better than chrome and no one really cares how the horns look ingame.

- Head [White Section]:Very light shading that does not reflect the actual relief of the object. Lines added look very much slapped on with little if any actual ingergration.
Also on a 256x, but yes, I could have spent more time on the actual shading and lighting but I find that a bit hypocritical coming from you. No offense, just my opinion.

- Neck: The shading is maybe TOO light here. Under the neck does not look like shadow and more like a chunk has been removed from the muscles. I would have liked to see some indication between the transition between the white armor style and the neck, instead it was just left. (Some was made towards the front).
Yeah I completely agree with you here, and I really didn't spend much time there. I may go back to it later on but I had other things I wanted to move onto finish and it worked well enough for me and everyone else. But you are completely correct.

- Pink sections [Arms, legs]:I am always interested when people do a piccolo model or a freeza to how they handle the lines across their pink sections. This is just lines slapped ontop of the skin, which I find (not wrong), just rather dissapointing.
Well, if you have a suggestion please, post it. Other than that there isn't much you can really do with 2 pixel thick lines and have them look fresh and new.

No effort was made to disguise the deformation of the lines on the knee, which I was again dissapointed with.
There is no deformation on the knees, animations sometimes take their toll, unless you know some tricks i'd say it's mostly beyond my control.

- White Armor Sections [Chests, Wrists, Ankles]:Chest - I probably dislike this the most, the skin is flat and has a very poor light source. Has heavy block shadow with no intergration at the side. NO shadow at all under the arms. At the top on each side that connects to the shoulders, the skin dosent even fit the mesh correctly. Also I dont get the part between the two breastplates at the bottom, its either shadow or it isnt. its just THERE
I played with contrasting a bit and darker shadows, but never got around to making it final. The armor looks like that mostly for the reason the people I talked to about Freeza would have rather had it clean and white so I didn't go very harshly on any shadowing and did what I could to make it a bit more intresting. I don't really believe in shadowing under arms, as the animations will cause them to move quite a bit, resulting in the shading looking more like a stain of some sort rather than lighting. The shoulders yeah are too small for what they should have been, I don't deny it, but I kind of personally enjoy the effect that the shoulders get from that. Much more intresting.

Best answers
I dunno. This model looks more...complete i guess, but it doesn't seem to capture Frieza as well. The other one looked like frieza, it seemed dark and powerful, even if it was a bit blocky. This one seems to more closely resemble something out of Power Rangers or something, not the powerful and merciless subjugator of galaxies.

Love the news about the crash bug though. I'll likely start playing much more again once the patch comes out and that bug is resolved.

Best answers
Kama said:
Also on a 256x, but yes, I could have spent more time on the actual shading and lighting but I find that a bit hypocritical coming from you. No offense, just my opinion.
Can I just say........

Kama said:
........Personally I prefer Smo's old one to this because it goes a little further then just showing mild shading............

.......I think if you really want to move forward and impress people you need to take some real chances, don't be so conventional. Add bright lighting where you think it'll work.........
hypocritical ay?

Kama said:
There is no deformation on the knees, animations sometimes take their toll, unless you know some tricks i'd say it's mostly beyond my control.

----------------------------

Well, if you have a suggestion please, post it. Other than that there isn't much you can really do with 2 pixel thick lines and have them look fresh and new.
I would have atleast liked to see lines darken and brighted with the transitioning muscle, getting lighter on the light parts and darker on the dark parts. This can also aid in solving your deforming problem, the knee is a very high part on the mesh, so the line is gonne be very light and you wont notice it as much.

Kama said:
I don't really believe in shadowing under arms, as the animations will cause them to move quite a bit
There is shadow there, no matter what position your arm is placed. When I am talking about shadow I dont mean ZOMG shadows!!!1111111111111. Just some indication there is a big lump of bone and muscle above it.

Kama said:
The shoulders yeah are too small for what they should have been, I don't deny it, but I kind of personally enjoy the effect that the shoulders get from that. Much more intresting.
If you liked the effect, you should really have duplicated it using a decent sized skinmap area for the shoulder. So its not distortion making it look good, its your skinning talent. If you dont do it already I think you should really start working on a 512x512 then shrink it to 256x256 once your done. (thats what I do)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
hypocritical ay?
I don't understand what you mean by that with what u provided.

I would have atleast liked to see lines darken and brighted with the transitioning muscle, getting lighter on the light parts and darker on the dark parts. This can also aid in solving your deforming problem, the knee is a very high part on the mesh, so the line is gonne be very light and you wont notice it as much.
There is shadow there, no matter what position your arm is placed. When I am talking about shadow I dont mean ZOMG shadows!!!1111111111111. Just some indication there is a big lump of bone and muscle above it.
If I have free time before 1.3 that I feel couldn't be better spent, I'll see what I can do.

If you liked the effect, you should really have duplicated it using a decent sized skinmap area for the shoulder. So its not distortion making it look good, its your skinning talent. If you dont do it already I think you should really start working on a 512x512 then shrink it to 256x256 once your done. (thats what I do)
I do skin like that if I feel the need to shrink it, the shoulder pads however were the last piece skinned and are on a 512x but I did not have the space needed to properly skin them, so they only have a small section of it.

Best answers
Kama said:
I don't understand what you mean by that with what u provided.
You basically told me to do "flashy highlights", "lots of contrast" etc. and you just did exactly what i did, and go in the total other direction. Your skin shows mild shading, no flashy highlights and no bright lighitng.

Exactly what you said my skin was lacking....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... touché for the most part, but this was skinned in contrast with Smo's skins until Masta biatch slapped me and told me to follow my own path. But nonetheless, touché.

Best answers
nsw316 said:
i think it was in either 1.8 or 1.9? maybe im not sure which... but the vegeta in 2.0 was better then that so it wasnt that one
Lol, that brings back soo many painful memories :)
Btw, for those of the newer generation, that is an official ESF ALPHA model :laff:

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Um.. I think the old Frieza 2 model looked better. :/
same here. i can't put hte finger on it, but the old frieza don't look so...so...so human like :/

Force Pit Member
Best answers
kama and gg don't mind salioralea, you can never win with that person. They have sooooo much skill and knowledge they probably already have a 1.3 pack ready for release that liek totally kicks our works butt :).

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, I think you spam more, and instigate more than Smo. And seeing as how your work isn't even half as good, perhaps he should come back. I'm not the one who brought your vendetta with me here, that was you, merely for not thinking you are the epitome of modelling.

In any case, this Frieza model is good, it just doesn't have that ungaugable quality that the original does.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the model and skin are alright, nothing to blow my load over. The skinning on the feet could have been done better, not enough detail, and the model doesn't capture the size of Freiza well, should be a tad bulkier in the abdominal area.

Compared to Smo's model, and other ESF models this doesn't cut it. I'm on Alea, and RB's side.

DK: It may have been Revilitilized Prince's comment, but it was put in a negative manor. To accuse someone of being on something simply because they don't like something, is rather stupid.

Also, Eclipse, Maybe you shouldn't talk, quite frankly you look like the biggest idiot, coming in here, and replying simply to be mean to SA, who is being nice, and cool with her comments, and not spamming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom