New universe?

Best answers
tolore said:
who says the universe started? maybe it just always was.

I dont by that at all. It may be physically impossible to explain how it came to be, but the idea that the universe has always been doesnt cut it for me.

Explaining how the universe really started is like explaining how 0*x = 13

No way in hell to logically explain it.. but some how it happened. [and no .. you cannot multiply 0 by anything to get 13 just using it as an example]

Truth is there is no real answer that can be proven, in this day and age, that will undeniably tell us how the universe truly was born. So belive in whatever you want.

I suspect that the Big bang theory, could be a cycle of a universe .. a forever re-occuring event that restores balance in the universe by destroying the parasitic life forms that plague it, so it can start over. however I find it hard to believe the univers is gonna get sucked into a ball and blow up someday. Personally dont think there is anything that could create that much gravity, to cover and unknown amount of distance, to suck everything back in. I suppose its possible, but dont really by it.

I think life is a bad dream, its a joke. and tbh in the long run ... its all totally meaningless. If earth exploded tomarrow. what difference would it make ? none, the universe would still keep doing its thing. our whole existence is so pointless... If there is a higher power, i'm sure hes laughing his ass off, or figuring a way out to fix the biggest **** up since the dawn of time [the human race]

Id just say enjoy the 1/infinitith of a blink in time you have.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Type "Creator of the Universe" into a google and click the oh so almighty "I'm feeling Lucky" button. There's your answer.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
The 'Big Bang Theory' isn't a creation theory. It, like all of Science, seeks to explain what we can through impartial, empirical observation or logical inference. Nobody knows who or what created the Universe--including Stephen Hawking, Pope Benedict or Tom Cruise. =p
Chuck Norris created the universe >.> jk :)

Anywho: last post of mine was complete spam, so I'll just say this in all seriousness: If you take a telescope (a very powerful one) and look one way into space, you will see younger stars, younger planets, younger everything. You will see new solar systems and new galaxies forming. Now, if you look in the complete opposite direction, you will see everything much much older. This shows we KNOW new material is still being formed, and older material is dying and forming new material. This confirms that the universe is expanding. Now, for something to "expand" a force has to be acted upon it in order for it to move in any given direction. So in a sense, yes the universe has a central point (where the big bang started) and is expanding out in all directions. Now what does this have to do with anything might you ask. Simple: Wally World says that the universe is expanding because of the big bang, and the big bang didn't create it. Well, from the information i just gave you, you have to be false, the universe wouldn't be expanding if it weren't for the big bang. If the big bang didn't "create" the universe, then what did? And why aren't there other "big bangs"? Exaclty. The big bang is the only logical explaination for it right now. We don't have the technology to answer that question.

If you can come up with a logical explaination as to what did create the universe other than the big bange theory, Walmart Security, then I'll accept you as correct. But for the time being you're full of holes.

As for the jesus thing... Erm, yeah if that's true, then everything in the bible is false, adam and eve could have never existed etc. And even if God DID create the universe, (in 7 days might i add) then how was god created? Who created god? If god created the earth in 7 days and all that, how come it takes billions and billions of years for planets suns and other stuff to be created?

I gotta stop thinking... i keep editing this post.

If life is meaningless. then why are we here? And why haven't you kill yourself yet? I don't mean that as an insult. If life were so meaningless, you wouldn't be here, and if you truely felt that way, you'd have killed yourself long ago. As of yet, everything you do is to live, or else you wouldn't do it.

Best answers
beleive me i've put more thought into that question than i should. but I'm all about self torment, and I think suicide is the easy way out, and people who do it are mentally weak.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bile said:
beleive me i've put more thought into that question than i should. but I'm all about self torment, and I think suicide is the easy way out, and people who do it are mentally weak.
Mentally weak my ass. Just becuse one comits suicide doesn't make them weak minded. It's an "easy way out" because that's what others tell you, from what you've seen on T.V, and from other **** like that. It's too cliche. That's like saying going to Dave and Busters is mentally weak. One goes to D&B because they want to. One kills themselves because they want to. To deal with something in a way that ceases the body to work isn't being mentally weak. Having mental breakdowns, and panic attacks, and other such stress related attacks is being mentally weak. ....
my 2 cents

/rant

Best answers
I'm not going to even touch that because I've been there. And I dont have Much to live for, and I've got a limited time i'm gonna be around.

It takes a stronger person to live with the **** your dealt.. and that's all there is to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
As for the jesus thing... Erm, yeah if that's true, then everything in the bible is false, adam and eve could have never existed etc. And even if God DID create the universe, (in 7 days might i add) then how was god created? Who created god? If god created the earth in 7 days and all that, how come it takes billions and billions of years for planets suns and other stuff to be created?
Maybe you didn't think so, but I was dead serious about this thread being on a short leash. Warning :warning:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one day the king of the universe got drunk and knocked all the stars out of the sky. then he gave his son the task of remaking all the stars, and the rest is history.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
or Tom Cruise. =p
Damn =(

Well the big bang theories in here have enlightened me on theory somewhat, so it seems more plausible. But I still think anything beyond that may be too complex for us (humans at least) to explain in reports and studies, or at least forthis lifetime.

However, I would prefer that the theory on universes worked the way it did in The One....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Maybe you didn't think so, but I was dead serious about this thread being on a short leash. Warning :warning:
I was replying to Deman's post. I did what he said and it said stuff about jesus creating the universe. o.0 How is that going into religious affairs in the sense that you put it. All I did was ask questions for justification. I didn't realize asking Deman questions on his thoughts was wrong. Pardon me.

What you're saying would defeat the whole purpose of "no religious debate". People are allowed to express their opinion and say they think god created the universe (or jesus for that matter, whatever floats your boat). However, I thought I made it quite clear that there was to be no debate on the subject. No asking for justification, no calling their argument into question. Scientific debate is fine and dandy because no one gets flamed over facts. Religious debate is an entirely different animal because people have gotten flamed in every single thread that has popped up. In the real world people have even been KILLED over it. So I'm sorry, but as I said, there is to be no religious debate here. I thought I made it quite clear, twice, which is why you got the warning. - Pain

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also believe in the Big Bang/Big Crunch theory. It's the most logical, and makes the most sense. Who knows how it really was created though, and I doubt we will uncover the answer for a long, long time.

I don't really think about it though, it's never gonna concern me, so I just leave it be.

Best answers
I dont by that at all. It may be physically impossible to explain how it came to be, but the idea that the universe has always been doesnt cut it for me.
explain why it doesn't, just because its simple doesn't mean it can't be true, i know its hard to grasp the concept of something always existing is very wierd. I think the easiest way to get used to it is to think of time, i find it very hard to believe that time itself just started, and thus it must always have existed, space(or the universe) could very well be the same way.

Best answers
If the "Big Bang Theory" is correct, do you know how much potential energy that point of singularity must have had to expand and keep expanding the universe as it does? Alot! The laws of thermodynamics shows that all energy eventually becomes heat. It cannot be recycled, as heat is not converted to other forms. This increases the entropy of our universe and everything else. So, while the universe is expanding, maybe unbeknownst to us, that another theory about "Super Massive Black Holes" is bending the heat energy and actually using it as a form of energy to form and condense all this matter into planets etc. It has also been shown by factual information that Super Massive Black Holes are in the center of every galaxy. This could show how the "Big Bang Theory" expands the universe, while the "Super Massive Blackhole Theory" creates what is in it by using the entropy out of the remenants of "The Big Bang Theory" left behind.

Best answers
uhm heat energy can be used, heat boils water, water turns into steam, steam tries to go up, steam pushes something, bam energy.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By 'heat energy,' he probably means "waste heat." In every reaction involving energy (chemical, nuclear, etc) waste heat is a byproduct that escapes and is lost. Boiling water on your stove for instance, creates an enormous amount of waste heat. Light bulbs create a huge amount of waste heat compared to the actual Light being produced.

Most of the energy a light bulb emits is heat, not light. I've never heard the theory he's talking about--the only theory I've heard about black holes is that energy can actually escape from them--'virtual' particles coming into existence by the event horizon, converting energy into matter and becoming real particles, radiated off into space. (One of Stephen Hawking's theories.. I don't know the proper name for it.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^
^
But heat energy can be converted. Heat can be turned into mechanical energy (anything that runs on fossil fuels) or directly into electricity with a thermocouple (granted, not much, but its still a convertion). Thermal energy is absorbed whenever you melt ice or boil water when the bonds between molecules are broken.

Ill agree that the end result of most processes is heat, but that heat is still recyclable. Just a flaw with your argument, but hey, Im no physicist.

Editted so you dont have to wrongly assume who I am talking about.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, it wasn't "my" argument. I was explaining what someone else brought up. Heat produced by chemical/nuclear/etc reactions can be used to boil water, which can turn turbines. However, even in that situation, much if not the majority of the heat is wasted. All power plants which use heat to boil water (coal, nuclear, oil, etc) have much waste heat. Which is why they're built next to a source of water, and they constantly gush out warm/hot water into the lake/river/ocean, causing 'thermal pollution,' or use another means to dispose of the heat.

It's impossible to have a perfectly efficient machine precisely because of waste heat, and the inefficiency of energy conversion. There is no "flaw" in my argument.

Best answers
sailor alea is right, i understand what your talking about now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom