New to Esf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
im new to it an i got it setup last night an I havent seen any servers yet an was wondering if anyone still plays? i have the steam stuff setup to see there servers fine an all. If anyone could point me to a server or in the right direction would be much appreciated

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are two different versions of ESF. The stable version that people play is 1.2.3, there are servers up for it. The version you probably have is the Open Beta which is an incomplete build of the next version of ESF. There's occasionally servers up for the Open Beta, but not always.

You should see a list of servers if you have 1.2.3, but if you don't, here are some you can try to connect to

U.S. Servers
209.250.234.69:27016 ~ East Coast ESF ~
216.6.235.120:27015 The Learning Zone [New York City]
68.201.45.191:27012 Hate's All-4-1 Playground [Texas,USA]

European Servers
84.244.187.116:27015 [S2k] ESF 1.2.3 Pro server

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've been starting to play since yesterday as well, and there seems to be around 11 servers, 5 of them are ECX and the rest (6) are using the original ESF gameplay. From what I can tell, there is always someone to play with. And, heck. If you can't find any players near your own location, create a server. You might be lucky if people join it.

Best answers
yea i see that i got 1.2.3 an was playing if anyone hosts open beta servers add me my tag is svk1116

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are enough. At each release you usually see around 50 - 100 servers up which is pretty crazy.

Best answers
noone plays open beta after the rumor was started that it was nothing at all like what 1.3 will be.

IMA WHALE URGLEURGLEURGLE
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
noone plays open beta after the rumor was started that it was nothing at all like what 1.3 will be.
Lets just hope they did revamp the 1.3 beta version... its quite tragic compared to 1.2.3

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Noone played the open beta since it came out. People disslike buggy versions.

It lasted about 2 weeks before they all went back to playing 1.2.3

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What did ppl expect though? Of course it was going to be buggy.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Noone played the open beta since it came out. People disslike buggy versions.

It lasted about 2 weeks before they all went back to playing 1.2.3
I don't think that it's the bugs. People just don't want to play an uncompleted version that doesn't have a proper melee system implemented yet.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the pro players, I think it was the fact that it took a long time to get a kill, and oftentimes after 5 minutes of fighting your kill would be stolen from you. Plus the swoop speeds were fast / hard to control. For the people who wanted a DBZ simulation and what not, it was probably the fact that the game was incomplete.

Best answers
nah, it was too easy, once you realise you can do a full screne string, and then turbo beam...

Best answers
the game is done or you work more fore another updated

---------- Double Post below was added at - 11:09 AM has been merged with this post created - 10:19 AM at ----------

because i dont know if is done or not

Best answers
ESF 1.2.3 is dead too, handful of Eu and US servers.. new people get pwnt by the veterans.. when newbs ask for help.. only a few pro's help them out.. usually they get ignored and owned further..
plus no newb is being guided to some kind of tutorial.. they play "for the first time" and realize that the learning curve is steep... they translate that to "wtf is this? how do i (insert random move) ? "
in frustration they leave after blowing themselves up with a spirit bomb for 5 times in a row.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesnt help that when in a server you try to help someone and the remaining 2 guys in the server constantly kill the new guy for easy points.

Oh and BTW. This thread is 1 year old >.>

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Lets not spam, shall we? As Grega already mentioned, its a years old thread.. lets not bump threads for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom