New Throwing System

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you hate long threads, look away.

I like throwing but the way it works is pretty bad, it takes more Ki than a Final Flash and you're not even using ki, just swinging someone around.

I suggest a new system whereby during the throwing animation the adv melee arrows come up, 10 for each player, and the outcome of the throw is based on who gets the majority right. I haven't spent hours thinking about this but here's roughly what I think would work:

The Basis

Whoever has a higher PL gets the advantage of arrow speed, for every 100,000PL they have over the opponent, the opponents arrows go 0.5 seconds faster. However, they (the victim) can still input the arrows if they (the player) have fast enough reflexes and can therefore still escape being thrown.

This means that power gives you an advantage, but it's much more about the players technique, which is much closer to the show when it comes to throwing enemies.

The Gauge

During the throwing animation while the players are inputting their directions and clearing the arrows, the faithful powerstruggle/blockstruggle/throwstruggle gauge appears as it does now, and slides up and down regarding correct button presses on both sides. Lets say the attacker gets 6 button presses correct and the defender gets 4, this puts the attacker up 2 marks on the gauge which means he wins the throw, and throws his opponent.

If the defender gets 8 right and the attacker gets a paltry 3, then the gauge slides down 5, which means the defender throws the attacker, countering the move.

If they're evenly matched, the throw ends with both players being knocked back, the defender takes 4 damage and the attacker takes 2.

The Gauge Mark Scheme

10-5 points more than your opponent - You throw them (strong)
4-2 points more than your opponent - You throw them (normal)
1 point more than your opponent - You throw them (weak)
Equally matched - Nobody throws, players take a little damage each
1 point less than your opponent - They throw you (weak)
4-2 points less than your opponent - They throw you (normal)
10-5 points less than your opponent - They throw you (strong)

The Result

It perfectly balances throwing, and the attacker gets a little advantage (taking less damage in a draw) it would stop people spamming throws, and make throws a lot harder to win. It would making throwing more skillfull, while still giving extra power an advantage. It's closer to the show. It doesn't unrealisticly use up masses of ki. You can take on a more powerful enemy with it and win if you have enough natural ability. It would be more fun than holding down the mouse buttons to no effect.

Phew! C&C please.

Best answers
sounds great to me, getting a little tired of being thrown and candied by buu's

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it but i dont get how, If im being the defender, and i win, how do i throw him? im the one being spun around. just suddenly it shows me spinning him?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the axis the thrower is spinning on changes to you, and then after a second or so (to aim the throw) you throw him. The animation can switch to you throwing him, or not dependin on what looks and plays better.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
This sounds much better than the throwing is now.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throwing was designed to be a sure-thing attack. Much like a Beam. If you have the resources to do it i.e (enough ki), you should be able to throw.

I don't like this idea at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why was it designed to be a sure-thing attack? It's the 'sure-thing'-ness of the attack that makes people dislike it. KI is extremely easy to come by, if you throw someone into the floor you can blast them and charge back up to full before they get up, rinse and repeat.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well personally, I think the last thing ESF needs is more arrows. :\

Best answers
I have to agree with Optimus,
ESF doesn't need more arrows...and the only thing I dislike about throw..is the fact that it takes the speed out of the game (in other words..its ****ing slow as hell :S )
You're idea will make it EVEN SLOWER...so no:no:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why was it designed to be a sure-thing attack? It's the 'sure-thing'-ness of the attack that makes people dislike it. KI is extremely easy to come by, if you throw someone into the floor you can blast them and charge back up to full before they get up, rinse and repeat.
i just think there should be a little bit of a faster recovery time to thing to this. and cmon someones throwing you its not gonna be like a huge block struggle your basically doing a melee struggle with your right hand against the opponents whole body

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is a great idea, the main reason people use throwing is because people rarely get out of it. Any person without skill can just throw people around, but with this system you actually need reflexes and skill to throw! I am VERY tired of normal throwing, since all the n00bs can do is throw/prepunch.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the it when, if you held left mouse button it actually slowed down the throw, This 'sure thing' does encourage spamming.

This arrow thing will just slow it down as mentioned before. People already complain about the arrows in adv. melee so I don't think it'll be very popular.

Bring back the left click slow down!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Rocky's way is the best. I really do hate it now that anybody can throw right about anybody! Even when my pl is 4 times higher than someone elses they can still throw me!!! >.<

Best answers
Well id like 1 that if you start throwing somebody the whole charge thing will take 1-2 sec and take a bit less ki.... And you can still block it the same way as now... Just the whole prosses will be fast...
This way it wont be as slow as hell...
And make it if your stronger 3 more it would be HARD to throw you....
Not like now ... a 900.000 frezza can throw a 5.000.000 Vegeta ;(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i say leave it the way it is nuff said

Best answers
Holy moly that was a long thread. I mean jeeez. anyway.... I agree with HaLLiS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom