New sound system

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I got a nice 5.1 channel speaker system for christmas and everything works fine, exept that I only have 1 input on my sound card and I need 3. I have a 5.1 channel sound card aswell. I tried looking for cabels with only one connection but I dont have any.

Could someone please help me out?

I know its probably some silly thing Im overlooking...

Best answers
I'm no expert but you could use a three way 3.5mm splitter. Thats what i use to plug in two sets of speakers cheap and effective. But hey like i said im no expert

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only way you have a 5.1 (6 Channel) soundcard is if you have 3 stereo 5mm jacks or SPDIF out (Coax or Optical). Your solution is to have a better soundcard. What sound card do you have?

Best answers
Its probably integrated audio Im guessing. If I were you Id go out and get a Sound Blaster, Audigy 2 or an X-FI if you want superior sound and better gameplay.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Its an ASRock onboard sound card and in the manual it said it is a 5.1 (6 channel) sound card. o_O

If I use that 3 way splitter, will it still be surround sound?

Sorry about this but I really know nothing about sound systems and stuff.

*edit*: After doing some long and hard research I found my problem. I also have the answer to my other questions. Thanks everyone for helping out.

Please close this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom