New Smash Bros. Brawl Trailer To Be Released on 11/03/06

Best answers
whos that blond chick?samus aran without armor?
well that trailer was...errr lame, sorry. :(
i still have the feeling this game would easily work on the gamecube,its not such a big difference.
megaman and zero would perfectly fit in the cast, snake is a pretty absurd choice.
maybe they have some more of konamis licensed characters like from the castlevania series.

oh no!the german version of naruto is in tv right now and i hate it! aaaahhhh somebody save me from this hardcore censored and badly voice acted piece of sh*t!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A breakdown of this new trailer:

General notes:

1. Air combat is MUCH better in Brawl. There is less recovery when landing, more seamless air to ground combos, and more air combos/juggling.

2. Sounds are much more heavy and painful.

3. Stages have multiple forms (night/day) and are much more detailed

4. Potential new ability: Crouchwalking

5. Potential new quickroll.

0:14 = Kirby’s up smash can KO easier

0:20-24 = Mario can combo easier in the air. Remember Sakurai saying that they were going to make air combat more viable and revamp character moves to reflect this? Looks like we’re seeing the tip of the iceberg with Mario’s down B.

0:29 = Pikachu crouchwalking? Could be a crouchwalk, or it could be a new animation for Pikachu's slow walk (Check out other instances of Pikachu walking)

0:33 = Check out the lack of recovery on Kirby’s forward A in the air now. More viable air combat?

0:35 = Pikachu crouchwalks to Kirby. Is this a crouchwalk, or could this be a new animation for Pikachu’s slow walk?

Wario’s part in general: As everyone has noticed, he has G&W-style frames. Strong indication we wont see G&W again.

0:58 = Metaknight’s extremely fast dodge of Kirby’s attack. There are three potential things this could be. a) Wavedash b) Upgraded roll (but notice you don’t see a shield) c) A new type of quickroll

1:02 = Metaknight has a forward glide with his sword held in front of him. Most likely his up B.

1:13 = Pit also uses this new quickroll thing to avoid what seems to be Wario’s forward smash attack.

Pit’s part in general: Check out the air combos. Notice the better air combat?

1:16 = Zamus’ jump makes her seem a bit light on her feet.

1:22 = Zamus has Sheik-like attacks. Is Zamus a Sheik replacement?

1:24 = Low gravity. Is this the stage or Zamus’ jump/potential up B?

1:33 = Link’s bow seems much faster now.

1:33 = Obviously, Snake’s air axe-kick is a good combo starter (better air combat again)

1:36 = Snake can roll into a crouching position.

1:37 = Snake is moving in crouch position followed by Wario who seems to also be “crouchwalking.” But these characters are new, so these could potential be their abilities (depending on if Pikachu’s new animation is a crouchwalk or just a new slow walk).

1:41 = Bazooka to face FTW.

1:45 = Pikachu’s forward smash seems larger/longer.

1:45 = Pit is showing off his 3 (or more?) jumps.

1:46 = Link’s up B is less smooth, now it looks more like a tornado instead of a disc.

1:46 = Mario’s forward smash looks like a bomb exploding. Awesome.

1:52 = A glimpse at Metaknight’s down A in the air?

1:54 = New castle stage

1:54 = Wario’s dash attack

1:56 = What is Wario doing? Seems a bit long for a smash attack…

1:58 = New Kid Icarus stage with breakable floors seems to do a little damage when you break a floor with someone on it (Pikachu hitting Snake)

2:01 = Link’s sword is glowing! Does this mean he can charge moves now? Or does it have something to do with TP?

2:03 = Again with Pikachu’s new animation. Crouchwalk or new slow walk?

2:09 = Zamus’ dash attack

2:11 = Zamus can do some sort of fast fall thing. Her down B?

2:11 = Wario’s landing. Is he sliding? Is he just landing? Is he wavedashing?

2:11 = Metaknight’s dash attack

2:12 = Metaknight’s up smash or regular up A?

2:27-2:28 = A lot of debate over what happens here. Many people think Fox is using his shine, I honestly can’t tell what is happening, but if he truly is shining, then it means the shine isn’t a spike anymore.

2:29 = As far as I can tell, Fox is doing his forward smash or dash attack.

Fox in general: Seems to have his pistol out at all times. Less pistol lag now?

Stages (I’m only marking when a new stage is first seen, and when some quirk about a stage can be seen):

0:12 = Previously seen battlefield-like stage

0:16 = Same battlefield-like stage shown in night that was shown in day.

0:19 = Mario is running on a new Mario Kart stage

0:25 = Yoshi’s story like stage

0:28 = Mario Kart stage has F-Zero like cars

0:34 = First glimpse of the Kid Icarus breakable platform stage

0:37 = The previously seen castle stage (outside)

0:38 = Previously seen Metaknight stage

0:40 = First glimpse of the new Pokemon Stadium stage

1:09 = First glimpse of a different (?) castle stage from the inside

1:23 = Stage with Earth in the background. Is this the new fox stage from the end of the trailer, or is it Zamus’ stage?

1:27 = What looks to be an indoors Metal Gear stage

1:30 = Background of Snake looks to be an outdoors Metal Gear stage.

1:48 = Yoshi’s story stage is changing seasons

1:57 = Breakable platforms on the Kid Icarus stage

2:20 = Fox’s new stage

2:26 = This could be a new camera mode, or something done just for the trailer, or just a very annoying quirk of Fox’s new stage.

2:29 = Fox’s stage enters Earth’s orbit

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, **** you Fox. The stylized aircombat is looking crazy, but I hope there is a sensible alternative to 'wavedashing'. It just seems so unnatural to me in the current one.

And I saw Mario's Air Forward A hit Pikachu Diagonally up...Either a glitch or that move depends on the angle of the attack =(

December 31 2007...for JAPAN
Gawd

mf29 said:
It was just another video..
Well it's not like they promised up anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would guess that the aforementioned "short roll", if it is indeed that, would be their adaptation of the wavedash.

They've already announced that G&W along with Ice Climbers are getting eliminated. In their words it was something like "we now only have one representative of the 'old school' characters", who if I remember correctly is Ness.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only time when I will turn my head is when Nintendo makes a list of what characters are confirmed, until then DragonBall Z is my focus.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well maybe they will get to giving more info now. Last Super Smash Brothers, they had a site that was updated relatively very frequently.

Besides Sonic and new moves, I am interested in the new items...For my wing cap/some kind of flight device had better be somewhere =D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
are you effin serious? dec 2007 for japan? wow then we arent getting it until 200effin8.

anyone know if falco and/or dr. mario are going to be in it?

Best answers
Greg2k5 said:
are you effin serious? dec 2007 for japan? wow then we arent getting it until 200effin8.

anyone know if falco and/or dr. mario are going to be in it?
Actually it's 2007 for us (by us I mean the Americas) and no character other than those shown have been confirmed although (other than G&W and Ice Climbers) I assumed they'll all be back.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
clen said:
Actually it's 2007 for us (by us I mean the Americas) and no character other than those shown have been confirmed although (other than G&W and Ice Climbers) I assumed they'll all be back.
i hope so...man i wish it would release with the console with the other group of games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe Falco was sighted as one of THE characters being reworked to no longer be a "clone"

So I'd say he's confirmed

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's conceivable. Sheik and Zelda are treated as practically different characters. Considering that Link is going to be based on his Twilight Princess model, why would Zelda still be all Sheik-like? So instead of keeping Sheik around (who is not really an iconic character at all) they transfer her essential movelist and feel over to Zamus (short for Zero Suit Samus). The way Wario is panning out it's like they ripped him off a bit from Game and Watch. Perhaps some of the lost characters are simply getting face-lifts?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snakes melee moves look pimp.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
I believe Falco was sighted as one of THE characters being reworked to no longer be a "clone"

So I'd say he's confirmed

where did you read this?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
It's conceivable. Sheik and Zelda are treated as practically different characters. Considering that Link is going to be based on his Twilight Princess model, why would Zelda still be all Sheik-like? So instead of keeping Sheik around (who is not really an iconic character at all) they transfer her essential movelist and feel over to Zamus (short for Zero Suit Samus). The way Wario is panning out it's like they ripped him off a bit from Game and Watch. Perhaps some of the lost characters are simply getting face-lifts?
ah, ok I get the zamus thing, my apologies, Logan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone else like the new remixed version of the theme? ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Greg2k5 said:
where did you read this?
Updates from an official Japanese site, they had an interview with him I believe. Just had to use babelfish to translate. It was a while ago.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snakes moves look similar to Captain Falcon's moves.

I can't wait to get this game. I really hope they make this game like 4x as huge as Melee was. And Melee was like 3x as big as Super Smash.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It certainly look interesting. I see SSB is expanding it's horizons. I see they now have Snake from Metal Gear Solid. I also hear, since Nintendo bought of Sega (huzzah!) that Sega's iconic character Sonic is going to be in the game. Looking at the current roster, I wouldn't be surprised to one day see a SSB with Goku in it. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch seeing as they have Pokemon, Metal Gear and God knows who else from any random genre. If they can put a character like Snake in it, I don't see what would actually be barred.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
It certainly look interesting. I see SSB is expanding it's horizons. I see they now have Snake from Metal Gear Solid. I also hear, since Nintendo bought of Sega (huzzah!) that Sega's iconic character Sonic is going to be in the game. Looking at the current roster, I wouldn't be surprised to one day see a SSB with Goku in it. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch seeing as they have Pokemon, Metal Gear and God knows who else from any random genre. If they can put a character like Snake in it, I don't see what would actually be barred.
There are actually quite a few restrictions to who can be in the game. All third party characters are limited to games that have been on a Nintendo platform, and only a few (ie. 2 or 3) third party characters are gonna be in the game.

So with the limited space, only a few characters really have any good chance of being in. My guesses are Sonic and Megaman, but who knows who will be in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom