New skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
If you're going to be re-skinning the people then can't you use the skins from the Dragonball Z Budokai games to your advantage?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no they cant cuz of following reasons:

The models of Budokai are not available
and
thats called ripping what means that its not your own work
and
the skins are not matching the models of them.

Best answers
What? The budokai characters are cel-shaded for one. and 2 that would be ripping and it probably wouldnt even work anyways. Beause this is HL for the pc and thats a PS2 game which have different graphics engines and HL doesnt have as good graphics as the PS2. So in short just no. no.*edit* Tryforce beat me. It took to long to compose my reply...

Best answers
So you wouldn't even be able to work off it? Like scale it to the new skins, not ripping it then just using it as a template kind of thing for that specific character. Like what goes where etc etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omini said:
So you wouldn't even be able to work off it? Like scale it to the new skins, not ripping it then just using it as a template kind of thing for that specific character. Like what goes where etc etc.
Which is pretty much how we make all our chars.

Budokai is a good source for refs, the new Gokuh's face is based off of the Budokai Gokuh, but we use pictures from the actual anime for more concrete reference.

Best answers
heh from what i remember it's called ripping if u use a model as reference... am i wrong ?

second, the skins in budokai hardly have any detail on them, and quite some lines are also being done by the model, so esf models will loook terrible if they would use budokai skins ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
blaize said:
am i wrong ?
Indeed you are.

It's only ripping if you copy the entire poly placement and flow of the whole work. Not if you just use it as a reference.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aaaaaaaand now that the questions been answered (thanks everyone).

-closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom