New potw 04/12/05

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Andreyesf said:
How about In the next Picture of the week to show us THE GRAB :D:)

Yes a grab will be to perfect for next POTW a pic like Vegeta Grabs Goku and Fly whit him in the mountain

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think one of the best things to add would be screen rumbling. While power struggling, the map should start shaking lightly. As the amount of energy in the beam struggle increases, the proximity of the rumbling should get larger and larger. This way the rumbling is only noticed by close observers, then as the power grows, more people further away should begin to feel the shake.

Also, what happened to PcJoe. He hasn't been talking for a while now. I would like to know how the coding is going on the scene maker and effects maker.
WHERE ARE U :cry: !!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm looks nice. the beam sprites look a lot cleaner imo.
are tehy still 2 "planes" with the sprite on them or did that change?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think they're still on the 2 planes... i dunno why the sprites should look cleaner though D: i havent replaced those ones yet >_<

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems gokus perfect trans level has been dropped dramaticly as well...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What did growler do when he said "fixed", I see nothing, no pic, no link, is there something wrong with my pc or something, I also want to see what he did! :(

Oh wait, don't worry I see it now, I like what he did, that would be awesome, but didn't he post that in another thread too?

I like the dust and light particles and the sharp edges showing that the beam is going forward, but that would drop the fps dramatically, wont it?

Something I want, why not instead of the beams growing longer while in the ps, make them grow shorter than longer depending on who is winning, like instead of pushing the beam away, just make it shorter, but when it's a triple ps or more keep it the way it is.

Becasue in the DBZ story that happened, unless the beam was hit by the side, do you understand what I am saying?

Best answers
only thing possible in that picture would be the KHH sprite and possibly a dust particle thing.
making all the others would take awful lots of animations and frames. and it wouldn't suit HL1 in general either.

Best answers
wheres_warren said:
Seems gokus perfect trans level has been dropped dramaticly as well...
no goku's perfect trans lvl is still the same it still took me 5 to 10 seconds to transform.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dodgey hud... -.-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nab what graphics card do you have? I'm quite intrigued as you have 72.0fps (max) even while looking at the struggle.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Nab what graphics card do you have? I'm quite intrigued as you have 72.0fps (max) even while looking at the struggle.
i was using a radeon 9600 pro 128mb i would have had 100 fps but the .cfg get's changed all the time

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nabeshin said:
i was using a radeon 9600 pro 128mb i would have had 100 fps but the .cfg get's changed all the time
Do what I do.

Right-click your config file, then make it read-only. ESF won't be able to read to the file, so you will always keep your config the way you want.

One downside to this is that you obviously cannot make any changes to your file through ESF. You'll have to do it all manually. But, IMO, that's a small price to pay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a constant 99fps when nothing's happening. Aura's and powering up cause a drop, and powerstruggles tend to cost me about 5-10 FPS depending on how close the beamheads are to me, so 72.0fps is pretty good imo.

I'm currently on a Radeon Mobility 9200 64mb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom