NEW, new gameplay video!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
New Melee SHOWCASE. (Happy now? :p)

[video=youtube;gxui5Qrj7fA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gxui5Qrj7fA[/video]

It's more indepth on what melee is like, and it looks extremely fast paced!

Personally I enjoy it, would like to see the other HUD options though, that vegeta face is kinda....derp looking.

Last edited:
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
llol, the vegeta face isnt part of teh hud, its part of our old coder's decision to put that STUPID face there. We all hate it, just didnt get around to removing it yet.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
llol, the vegeta face isnt part of teh hud, its part of our old coder's decision to put that STUPID face there. We all hate it, just didnt get around to removing it yet. Its soooo annoying, its basically the equivalence to my voice
I lol'd at the edit when I quoted, but above my quick reply it still read's Grega's.

Yeah, the face is really special looking....not gonna lie.

Best answers
Wow this looks amazing. I don't know if this has been answered before but I can run the Previous versions of ESF easily will I be capable of running this as well?

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Look at the video again. Pay attention to the game's graphics. You'll understand that it's going to be more demanding that the old esf.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a showcase BTW not gameplay.

Best answers
My specs if anyone can confirm I can handle it. the most demanding game I've played on my laptop smoothly was Spider-Man Web Of Shadows

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
This is a showcase BTW not gameplay.
Can you lightly explain the difference?

I liked it with the exception of a few quirks. First the transitions between scenes were very disorientating :p.
A few things wrong that I noticed:
1. was on the Burter scene when Vegeta teleports. Before he does, Burter was charging something, then Vegeta teleported and Burter just turned around and he released the attack upon Vegeta although he was about 5-10 meters (no idea how to better express distances for a game) away, Burter still hit Vegeta with it.
2. Radar doesn't look like its working?
3. What the F is Vegeta saying? Sounds to me like he was saying "Enchilada". Or maybe I'm just hungry. Or maybe he is saying "Fallecida" which means "Deceased" in spanish lol.

Will we be able to turn that writing On/Off? I wouldnt mind keeping it On sometimes...
How many Bonus Points make up a whole Tier?

Last edited:
Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Can you lightly explain the difference?
Gameplay was what was posted in the 2 videos before, showcase is just that, showing you some of the things in game with an opponent that just stands still.

1. was on the Burter scene when Vegeta teleports. Before he does, Burter was charging something, then Vegeta teleported and Burter just turned around and he released the attack upon Vegeta although he was about 5-10 meters (no idea how to better express distances for a game) away, Burter still hit Vegeta with it.
Burter was charging combo melee, teleported, turned and dashed upto Vegeta. Didn't do anything from a large distance away.

2. Radar doesn't look like its working?
It works, look harder. The red dot is you, and the green-ish dot that appears over it sometimes is an enemy player.

3. What the F is Vegeta saying? Sounds to me like he was saying "Enchilada". Or maybe I'm just hungry. Or maybe he is saying "Fallecida" which means "Deceased" in spanish lol.
It's Funi dub, sounds to me like 'the fight isn't over'. However, I've never been totally sure on that one.

Will we be able to turn that writing On/Off?
The writing is for testing stuff. Wont be there in release.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
It's much better at showing the functions than the previous 2 videos, good job! Still some fine-tuning and polishing but hopefully you guys are on it! :D

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah, but the previous 2 were actual gameplay. This is just showing it vs a bot standing still. Which wont happen online often.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Somebody give this man a cookie :D. Thanks for the answers. It seemed to me as if Vegeta teleported away but looking at it again it now makes sense as Burter teleported past him. I was looking at the radar when the players are not "connected" and couldn't make much of it. I did notice the red dots when "connected". I think Vegeta's sounds need changing as all the others seemed to use English.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Yeah, but the previous 2 were actual gameplay. This is just showing it vs a bot standing still. Which wont happen online often.
Could you guys show a 1v1? It would be fun to see how that work when you only have 1 element to focus on (not too many beams as we know your beams look cool! :D)

๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Believe me when i say there are tons of voices hehe. You wont be hearing the same things too often. Theres maybe 10 or more taunts, 10 or more mid melee grunts, 10 or more end melee stronger grunts and much more for variety and making them feel more real. Sometimes Vegeta says DIE!!! or ITS NOT OVER!!! or w.e else

Another example is Recoom, at the end of his combo melee he might say "HUYAHHHHHHHHH" or "BAH BYEEEE!!!!" like the retarted broken logic human that he is.

AND YES GREGA AND MACDADDY sometimes fights do look like this if your quick enuff and change directions alot of the times. You can also achieve this if you work your opponent down and they are left with low stamina from overexerting things ( ie plenty of teleporting and insta recovers ).

But yes, i am really excited about how its shaping up. Also keep in mind those camera cuts aren't as frequent as they appear, I was just doing it constantly to demonstrate the "move".

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I asked Grega not long ago if Japanese voices would be added. He answered if we have time.. i think it's a thing to take into account there are a lot of anime fans and I think some, if not most, will pick Japanese voices... so if you guys find additional time please take it into account!

Best answers
I'm not picky about the dubs as long as it isn't the spanish dub lol. Would be funny if someone added the Big Green Dub into ESF someday for shits and giggles lol

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
It works, look harder. The red dot is you, and the green-ish dot that appears over it sometimes is an enemy player.
Is there an option to change the colors? I would like the red dot for enemies and green/blue for me.

Best answers
I BEG U PLS!!!!!!!!!!!! PLS!!!!!!!! make a option to remove that little face picture which shows up when aiming at a enemy..........its incredibly annoying!!!!
PLS! or just remove it><

it looks so awesome but then there is that static face and u dont really know where to look at o_O

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I BEG U PLS!!!!!!!!!!!! PLS!!!!!!!! make a option to remove that little face picture which shows up when aiming at a enemy..........its incredibly annoying!!!!
PLS! or just remove it><

it looks so awesome but then there is that static face and u dont really know where to look at o_O
They will don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom