New Mode suggestion

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wat said:
You said that Vegeta and Goku are medium-level characters -- but you said that Gohan is a good choice if you're just playing for a minute. You don't see a balance issue if, within 5 minutes, a Gohan player can match, in speed and health, a Goku that's been playing for 20, or a Vegeta that's been playing for 30? (Rough estimates, you get the idea)

Not a whole lot to argue here.

* Still sorry for derailing thread.

* While replying, forums went down. May have missed a response.
If you need 30 minutes just to get Goku to transform than you obviously cant play the game to good.
As for Gohan. Hes a good choice. Fast transformation and his SSJ speed is the same as Gokus. BUT his normal form speed is slow. Also when you are compating Gohan to Goku.

Gohan has round 2,5 million PL when a Goku transforms. Than Goku has over 3 million. Also Goku can teleport while charging beams. And the comparison for Vegeta is about the same. Exept Vegetas FF and BB are worse than Gohans Kame can ever be.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay, i shall answer your questions:

1) ki blobs - Do they appear in the show - not as such, but there are times where there are balls of explosioness, which deal constant damage for a few seconds and then either disappear or explode a little. Reference fight - majin vegeta vs fat buu. Or look at some of the things super buu does while destroying parts of the earth, those are just things that spring to mind at the moment. Why they're in the game - is to punish people who cannot manage their ki, its plain and simple nobody sits and lets you ki blob them, you have to work them down, make sure they're out of ki and get them when they can do **** all. I agree they need to be changed a little, but i disagree they need to be completely removed, just modified. My suggestion would be that it'd be a ki blob which always shrinks unless you are pumping more ki blasts into it, after a few ki blasts it shrinks slower, maybe add dust to the effect, etc, but thats the most practical fair way to implement it.

2) ki blasts - okay, lets go for a comparison check, click mouse one, it'll go blast... blast... blast... etc, in a straight line, check mouse two, it'll go blast blast blast in curved lines, okay so they arent mega ultra fast where the character fires so many that it looks like a haze of glowyness, but look at the damage they do, and look when any pro player uses them, if they bombarded you like they did in the show, a good player cud probably basic melee you 4 times max and by the time you've recovered after every basic melee hit, he's hit you with 10 ki blasts, and you're dead. Okay so you could lower the damage and ki cost, but do you know how many explosions, sprites are currently produced using ki blasts currently? do you want an fps of 12 or 60? not to mention the speed of the ki blasts wont change, as they're at their max (or so ive heard) so really, you'll be firing with a larger margin for error more of them but basically a spray of very little damage, and when enemys get hit by one of them, they're most definately going to be able to avoid the rest, rendering the currently most useful attack into the least usefull.

3) wallstick - learn to manage your ki, and you wont be in the situation of being stuck in the wall for long, just hold space and you're out, really, its only against pro players who force you to run out of ki which get you into bad situations with walls, its easy as hell to avoid same with falling on the floor and not being able to get up, i really fail to see the difficulty some people have with holding space.

4) Already being worked on.

5) I agree, i'd prefer beam jumps to be a short burst rather than you hold down for however long you want but it just needs to be argued to the team, but unfortunately, its one of the lesser worries. Btw, if you saw in the design doc thread it said they were all WIP, that means there is a huge, huge subject to change, so dont bet on everything there being ingame. However there are a few things which will be in 1.3 which havent been mentioned yet, its a suprise =]

6) Melee is having a redesign for 1.3

7) Damage should not effect ki, neither should it effect stamina (yes, in 1.3 there will be a new bar for stamina) it'd suck if you were getting beaten down in advanced melee and you loose your ki, or stamina, as it lessens your chance of a successful response. Can you imagine how frustrating it'd be if you were beating your opponent with basic melee, had him at 5 health and then he got you in advanced melee, hit you first a couple of times, you've got no ki, he hits you to the ground pummles you with ki blasts then his friend comes along and beams you. Stamina should be introduced correctly fairly and equally, and no part of the game except beams should really be governed by your stamina bar as currently there is no limit to how you can abuse beams.

8) We are currently very aware of balancing issues, we have recruited many beta testers recently to ensure we get a nice balance for 1.3, you shouldnt need to worry about it, as i dont think it'll be a problem.

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is out Topic!!!

Does changing things like ki blobs or melee as something to do with A NEW GAME MODE?

WAt make a new topic about your sugestions, and if someone can still find the posts that matter to this topic say what you think about them.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GoldenBlade said:
Does changing things like ki blobs or melee as something to do with A NEW GAME MODE?
NO It has something to do with a thing called "ESF 1.3" Wich will be a so called "NEXT VERSION OF THIS GAME"

Just like there was ESF 1.0 and ESF 1.1 and ESF 1.2.

OR cs 1.3, CS 1.4, CS 1.5 and CS 1.6

Anyhow i like what im hearing there David ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom