New melee system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't hit ppl sometimes that's true but they can almost never hit me. In 1.1 it was faster, much faster. Maybe because of the swoop speed. But I really have a feeling that it has something to do with the fact that noone uses the **** system. Only throws and knockbacks.
But that never prevented them from rewriting their code now did it?

Best answers
re-writing? They didn't re-write their code for 1.2. In case you didn't realise, Advanced melee was always intended to be put in, just like it is. It's just that with 1.0 and 1.1, they finished simple melee and left it at that to work on other parts. Advanced melee was ALWAYS going to be in it. It is still in there, remember?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but the knockback distance is changed. I know there is or will be a cvar to change it back but I don't know why they changed it in the first place.
Hey but look for example ep. 165 check the melee battles there. Or in the Buu fights, it was always like this.

Best answers
as a recently new player (this is , like, my 3rd day :D) i think the problem mainly stems from the manual many ppl tell us noobs to read. if you read through it and arent already familiar with the mod, then most of us noob players have found the manual to be vague and insufficient in its completeness to explain things like:

left click to lock onto a melee target, again to initiate melee swoop
right click to charge melee attack (or something like that :p)

cp are gained ONLY by the defeat of others

etcetera and so forth.....

basically, the manuals and tutorials that are known to be available skirt the details, thus one would need prerequisite knowledge of how the game works to learn that same knowledge. thats self defeating, especiallyto a fresh player whose scratching his head as to why melee makes little to no sense

Personally, id like to thank Phobius for being the person to FINALLY clarifying these and other issues related to us noobs who just want an explanation that was clear and complete. The addition of his posted noob tutorials would held immensly when you tell a noob "quit b****ing and go read the F'king manual" (which ive heard alot, even AFTER i read that swill of a manual)

perhaps , if some of yall would spend less time trying to spin/throw/spamming us to death when we ask for an explanation why we suck, then u wouldnt hear us complain all the time.

at this point, the only thing i dont understand is when being thrown, how do you defensively offset the meter. as far as ive noticed , basically, u just wait to be thrown cause nothing u do during the windup will break u free. BTW, i find holding left mouse button is about as useless as tits on a bull hog :p

Phobius, free our minds, great one!!! :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rotisserie said:
as a recently new player (this is , like, my 3rd day :D) i think the problem mainly stems from the manual many ppl tell us noobs to read. if you read through it and arent already familiar with the mod, then most of us noob players have found the manual to be vague and insufficient in its completeness to explain things like:

left click to lock onto a melee target, again to initiate melee swoop
right click to charge melee attack (or something like that :p)

cp are gained ONLY by the defeat of others

etcetera and so forth.....

basically, the manuals and tutorials that are known to be available skirt the details, thus one would need prerequisite knowledge of how the game works to learn that same knowledge. thats self defeating, especiallyto a fresh player whose scratching his head as to why melee makes little to no sense

Personally, id like to thank Phobius for being the person to FINALLY clarifying these and other issues related to us noobs who just want an explanation that was clear and complete. The addition of his posted noob tutorials would held immensly when you tell a noob "quit b****ing and go read the F'king manual" (which ive heard alot, even AFTER i read that swill of a manual)

perhaps , if some of yall would spend less time trying to spin/throw/spamming us to death when we ask for an explanation why we suck, then u wouldnt hear us complain all the time.

at this point, the only thing i dont understand is when being thrown, how do you defensively offset the meter. as far as ive noticed , basically, u just wait to be thrown cause nothing u do during the windup will break u free. BTW, i find holding left mouse button is about as useless as tits on a bull hog :p

Phobius, free our minds, great one!!! :D
lol i didnt read the manuall but i saw all the movies instead :laff: if your being thrown you hold muse 1 to make the meeter go up slower making the thrower loose more ki if his ki comes to 0 youre free whit out being thrown but if you just block the prepunches you cant get thrown

so it aint usseless

Orbit: if you were better whit 1.1 melee use that what stops you

ontopic: maby the game would seem faster if the animations of the players change (the animation while youre charging your combo) it would look much faster if there would be punches betwen boath players instead of them boath being still
( :laff: i know was suggested but i didnt see an official anwser fir it not to be in :laff: )

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) The manual is perfectly fine. I didnt know anything about advanced melee before the manual. I read it, tried it in-game, and voila! It worked!

2) Yeah, right now holding down left click is useless. Its been said over and over. This too has been said over and over: it was changed in the patch. When it is released, throwing will be faster and take much more ki, meaning you have more of a chance to get yourself out of it.

3) Stop saying almost no one cant hit you Orbit. You know thats not true. There is already a cvar to make it something like 1.1 melee where you are knocked back really far. Unfortunately, thats all it does. If you want 1.1 so bad, play it. Dont try to change 1.2 into 1.1. Btw, i still think your melee idea is horrible.

4) The animations wont make gameplay faster. The game itself needs to be sped up. Perhaps swooping speed can be increased a tiny bit, or speed up advanced melee. Im not sure what will make the game faster or more enjoyable, but im sure the team does.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not trying to change 1.2 and I never have since it was released...
And don't put that much trust on the team. You know they can't do everything on their own. Otherwise why have you joined the forumes?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i joined the forums to acualy talk about the mod and stuff (dont have IRC gave up configuring it :cry: )

and the team did great till now +they have evrithing planed till the final release the suggestions are fot those things that would be great to be in this mod and they forgot about

i didnt mean the game itself would be faster it would only make the melee battels seem faster since the chars wouldnt stand still but punch like crasy

Best answers
basically, if u aint very good at advanced melee, swop into someone with no atack, works for me, also, faster recharging, press e, hold it down and press t, at the full energy, press t! i hav never bin to good atadvanced melle on the offensive, i am good at defensive, i am good at basic melee, but it is like, to easy and dont get that much energy! i normally use pre-punch strategy, it is da bomb!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand what are you saying? Is this idea good or not?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that was offtopic lol no anwser :S

but i still say your idea kills of the 56k peuple

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why? Wait are you saying the advanced melee doesn't?

Best answers
basically, i am happy with the method right now, they have different basic melees, like gohan, from different angles he uses his head, and others he kicks them. and the advanced melee is good, so leave it the way it is, thats wot i say.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But if all those stuff were added to this system wouldn't it be atleast as good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom