New melee system = too easy?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Darksun said:
Now that everyone has a chance it's all the sudden "too easy".
Yep, i've notcied that, hmmm how should i put this, the less "able" (esf wise) of the community are all up for the melee change, while quite a few of the more able really aren't too keen about the change and think that we'd be better of binning 1.2

I totally agree with all of your posts Darksun, you can see from both people's point of view, which some people fail to see.

About the lopsidedness, i 100% agree. I'm either beating a guy, or im finding it very difficult to lay a puch or being totally whooped. When it comes to being whooped or finding it hard to lay a punch, i personally find the game gets a bit boring in a way, since you stand no chance of winning and you dont enjoy it, where as in a game of Quake 3 or something, you can inflict atleast a bit of damage even on the mightiest of foes without your mind treking off elsewhere.

Im sure people will find a way to become ultimate in 1.2, but atleast we'll all stand a chance and it wont become a "damn, i might as well watch paint dry" sensation everytime we fight a superior.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank~
You!

Doctor/Darksun/Jones, for helping people to understand that there are two sides to the equation.

I agree 100%* with everything the three of you have said (*disclaimer: by 100% I mean more like 97% because I probably passed over something I disagree with and didn't realize it! ^_~), and I only wish more people would open up their minds and break down the melee systems like you all have without being told to. It's too easy for people to take the easy way out and fight against change at all costs, or join those people fighting against change falsely believing that the underdog (the community) is always right. People have to learn to think for themselves (silly automotons) and actually take other peoples' claims and evidence into account when new information is presented throughout these threads.

We appreciate it!

Best answers
Make the melee combo charging up real fast and let the victim who's getting hit be more faster and try to block as fast as he can offcourse if the other one is ssj he will be firing the attacks faster... it sounds cool to me (and also make a manual like you did it esf 1.0). Also make the explosions cooler cause they are just white balls now so i think you have to add some dust and rocks that are blown away on the sides of the explosion... i the other thing, its a bit stupid of seeing someone wating on front of you so make him do some animations while charging up an combo like puting his fist in punch position and make a screeming voice. ESF ROX .

>>DeMoN<<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom