New melee Good or Bad?

Do u like the New melee So far?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO!

• Its not that great but i like it a little.

• Almost suits my needs.

• Total voters
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would say the melee is definately not finished but this is a great step forward.

Scruffie

S
Gee, I wish I could vote on this poll, but unlike everyone else who's voted, I haven't played it yet.

:\

Best answers
I like the idea of the advanced melee system, but being a coder myself, I am not happy till its perfect. So pretty much in short I cant judge it until I use it, see how it actually works, then put in my 2 cents. Which is only fair to the coders for ESF.

Perhaps even a seperate setting of this style, to a "more" advanced melee, (IE realtime) system, which would be good for LAN parties, and the 1.1 style. I myself dont like the idea of being caught in mid swoop to wit for someone to key in their attacks and then respond to them like a game of memory. As for the actual construct of the realtime, should be a simple case of while/foreach and cases, assuming it is in a form of C as most H-L mods.

I am also very anxious to see the new melee system the coders have planned out for everyone as I feel it will leave some that have been through esf since it was an Alpha in awe.

But as I stated in a previous post, a good game catters to ALL players, not just the slim few that complain, as the new changes will bring in the ones that leave due to the changes (thus the problem of BETA releases to the public).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe, you should make a FAQ thread so you dont have to keep answering the same questions.

btw, halorin showed me his melee suggestions. good stuff, i hope you seriously consider using them. especialy that baseball bat thing he mentioned :laff:

Best answers
Hi,

I think hybrid DOES have some valid points and that the new melee system will definately be cool. However I am unsure of how well it will do with multiple people playing?

Also I thought up a new kind of melee system. If anyone has ever played the game "Savage" its kinda like that, there would be much throwing of random punches/kicks/tailwhips/+whatever other stuff people can think up. ie. you could punch or kick your opponents and do different stenghts of kicks/punches/tailwhips etc and it would take up more/less ki than other strenght punches/kicks. The stronger the kick/punch/etc the more knockback/damage. You should still be able to grab your enemies but it should be so that it is much more difficult and maybe if your enemy had less Ki or his ki was below a certain level it would be easier to throw him n stuff. (eg, you'd have to get up close and then press a button, though it should be fairly easy for the other player to punch/kick you away as throw would do alot of damage).

I dunno if anyone's ever played Jedi Academy Multiplayer (u know from star-wars wif lightsabres n stuff) but if you ever had, if you've ever gone for the approach as having no lightsabre (using your fists) you'd know thats the kind of style I mean so that you could have a big brawl with many people at once (though its pretty stupid how guys with fists can take out ppl with lightsabres so easily). I think realtime would be cool as long as it didnt put the cablers at too much of an advantage.
(This is coming from an aussie where there are NO australian servers so I either have to play lagged servers or make my own and hope people join) As hybrid has said, No matter what cablers will always have an advantage - even with the current melee system cables REALLY DO have a huge advantage over ppl like me, trying to play in American servers (the majority of the servers available) is a joke.

With Blocking I think there should be 2 types of blocking - 1. "Fetal Position", and 2. "Frontal". With "Fetal position" - it would be most useful for if you were being pummeled on the ground or knew your just about to be bashed but dont know where your attacker's coming from. 2. "Frontal" Blocking should be exactly the same as in V1.1 though it would block out more damage than "Fetal Position" block which should only be used if your desperate.

There should DEFINATELY be an option in V1.2 for the "Classic" melee system to be turned on - as people will obviously have varying opinions on the "Advanced Melee" system.

Please please please! give me your opinions on my idea for a melee system.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Your suggestion would be best taken in a thread in the suggestions forum, and not in a dead thread. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom