new melee fights?

Best answers
how bout when 2 ppl swoop at each other, instead of just one guy meleeing the other by chance, it goes into a melee struggle just like a PS where they punch and kick each other and they both slowly lose life(like 1-2 hp per sec) until some1 wins the struggle then the loser gets sent flying. IMO thats the most pratical way of putting this idea in.

Best answers
Wow...I coulda swore thats what I put...but to make sure this isnt spam I should include that the winner of the ms should be determined not by holding the button and simply having their pl be the decider, im not sure how it should be determined but button mashing is the obvious choice for an easy answer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Button mashing is the obvious choice for a BAD answer. I can almost personally PROMISE you it will go like this:

Two guys get into a melee struggle. It will work pretty much like a power struggle does, witht he meter and using ki to pump out attacks. The difference is it will have the anmimations of them "flash fighting" (that's what that fast melee brawl-style fighting is called) until eventually one wins and is slammed with a cool-looking finisher. Likely the damage this hit does will be a ratio based off of how much ki the two players put in, because A.) power struggles and block struggles are already like this, and B.) it would be dumb to bust your ass just for a regular damage melee hit. Either that, or it will send them flying much further so as to guarantee they hit a wall or something.

Assuming they do it this way, I think it would be cool if you took constant minor damage the whole time you were in the struggle (VERY minor, like in increments of 1 or 2), and had the option to teleport out of the fight at the expense of a huge chunk of your ki (that way it's not like you can struggle, and pull out at the last second if your going to lose, because you already used up too much ki to do it in the struggle). Unfortunately while this is a great idea, too many pussies play ESF, and will just constantly teleport out of every fight, so I doubt that feature would even be considered.

Regardless, though, I'll bet my left leg that's how melee struggling will be implemented.

Don't suggest button-mashing. It's retarded. It doesn't add "Skill" or "timing" to the game. Not everything is supposed to take skill and timing in a game and this is just too straightforward of a thing to implement a whole retarded new system in when we already have a system included for struggling of varied degrees.

And if this team has a clue about design (which they obviously do from this incredible work they've done balancing things out and coding this bad boy), they'll never add a button mashing suggestion anyways. Button mashing is best left to consoles; keyboards and mice aren't meant to be mashed. Sorry.

Best answers
Didnt mean to put you into such a tiff...i was being sarcastic about button mashing, no one likes button mashing...i was simply saying that i think there should be more than pl involved in who wins a ms

Best answers
yeah that is what u said, i just made it more descriptive.

*edit* its not like that idea hasnt been around since 2 weeks after 1.0 release anyway :p

Best answers
You know what, sayainpride has a point. There are a helluva lot of pussies/noobs in esf. I have started to ban people in my server if there name is ESFN00B ahhaah, or if they just SUCK. I wis hthere was some way we could get rid of pussies/noobs so sayainprides idea would be amazing

And yes, button smashing is quite ***.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom