New look for Death Beam

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I was wondering if they could change the look of the Detah Beam Frieza has. As of right now, it is a laser beam, but as we all know it wasn't a laser it was a ki beam like the kamehameha but much much smaller. So my question is could it be possilbe to attach a ball to the end of the laser, give it energy flare and reduce the speed just a tad? I think then it would more like it did in the show.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres two nice things about this... It would balance the attack out quite a bit and it would be more like the show.

So yea, good idea :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically you want to make the only attack that gives Freeza's normal form a chance useless? It works fine, this would only gimp freeza horribly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
So basically you want to make the only attack that gives Freeza's normal form a chance useless? It works fine, this would only gimp freeza horribly.
I don't know what mod you've been playing, but Frieza's finger lazer is incredibly overpowered if used correctly. Dumbing it down (as I've suggested a few weeks ago) would help balance gameplay.

As for the suggestion. I agree that an instant attack is a bit odd in this type of game. Making it travel at high speeds would be better, and more accurate to the show.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Freiza has what, 160 hp? His first form is fine (with the exception of the fingerlazer ofcourse)...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only problem is I beleive I heard one of the teammembers mention that beams can only go so fast, and I think some of the beams are at the highest speed. So you either make the laser much slower, or keep it instant. I think a damage reduction would suffice, or some sort of damage division system. Each hit does 1/2 of what the previous hit did, so you can't throw your enemy and basically kill him with one burts from the laser. Something needs to be done to the damage of the secondary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
I think a damage reduction would suffice, or some sort of damage division system. Each hit does 1/2 of what the previous hit did, so you can't throw your enemy and basically kill him with one burts from the laser. Something needs to be done to the damage of the secondary.
Phat, you do realize that's exactly what I suggested earlier don't you? -_-

And yea, if the engine can't handle it, instant would be better.

Best answers
This reminds me of when I played Budokai 3, so I agree with this suggestion. I was SSJ4 Goku using 10x Kamehameha, and the computer Frieza shot a Death Beam. There was this tiny, one finger beam struggling with a massive Kamehameha Wave. So... yeah, it should be a ki beam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom