New hud for 1.3?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF needs a new hud. We've had this one for some time now (1.0, 1.1, 1.2.x). Its nothing major, but it would be nice to have a new one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
ESF needs a new hud. We've had this one for some time now (1.0, 1.1, 1.2.x). Its nothing major, but it would be nice to have a new one.
I don't mean to be an ass but....

www.esf-world.com o_O

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea... that would be all fine and good, but you can only edit the colors / text of the hud...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would be good to have a hud that is a little more informative on little things not sure what but still

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
it would be good to have a hud that is a little more informative on little things not sure what but still
How much more informative can you get? o_O The latitude and longitude of your character...yea you're right, the new huds should have a stock ticker :p

Simple idea, maybe a shiny new hud will be in 1.3 D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd like to see on the hud a portrait of your character having three facial expressions. one for idle, one for attack and receiving damage, and one for dying. if there's going to be taunts, one smiling.

it will require coding.. so when you're doing whatever you have the portrait. when your health goes down or when you shoot an attack, the portrait changes to the angry opened mouth picture. when you die, the portrait switches to your face with the eyes closed with bruises. if there are taunts, your portrait has you smiling while the taunt plays. so pictures will be queued to show when a certain event happens.. i dont think it'll be that hard to do

Best answers
*Goes through a series of flashbacks from Doom...*

That would be a great idea. I dunno why no game besides Doom has ever done that though.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me points to carmageddon ;)

Good idea, we do need a new hud.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have me full support , WE NEED A NEW HUD!!!!!!!

Best answers
Well, if I'm not mistaken, some effects such as shake and tilt will also effect the hud. An animated HUD would be cool tho, with some sparks around it when you turns ssj or something. You know, the little details. However, I vote for a makeover as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd like to see on the hud a portrait of your character having three facial expressions. one for idle, one for attack and receiving damage, and one for dying. if there's going to be taunts, one smiling.

it will require coding.. so when you're doing whatever you have the portrait. when your health goes down or when you shoot an attack, the portrait changes to the angry opened mouth picture. when you die, the portrait switches to your face with the eyes closed with bruises. if there are taunts, your portrait has you smiling while the taunt plays. so pictures will be queued to show when a certain event happens.. i dont think it'll be that hard to do
and when you look at them with the radar you will see that expression.:yes:

Best answers
Yes! The facial expressions. Types of facial expressions,
1) Idle
2) Swoop
3) Charging beams
4) Attacking
5) Taking damage
6) Dead
7) Transforming
8) After transformed, hairstyle and face changes.
9) Power up
10) Turbo Aura

Not only this few facial expressions. I think this will be great.

HP 100% - Normal face
HP 75% - Warmed up face
HP 40% - Bruises
HP 10% - Blood over face + Bruises
HP 0% - Eyes closed with Blood + Bruises all over face.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I don't think characters faces would work out to well. You have to remember that these are half life models, there faces won't be to pretty..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the hud could be upgraded, but i suggested before a better scouter, with incomming beams and blast on it, colo coded power levels, zoom in/out function, and how high/low the person is.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, at the moment the hud is really hard to edit too >_> if it was more customisable i'd love it =D. I got a lot of ideas for a hud.... i did some sketches a while ago, but i cant remember where i put em -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:

kinda like in budokai 1

Best answers
Anybody ever play that DBZ game for PS1... the Japanese one. Not Ultimate Battle 22 or Final Bout but the third one. In that, depending on what is happening, the face next to your health bar changes

Best answers
instead of the portrait, would it be better to have a small pip screen by the hud, where a camera view of the face is always showing? when you power up, you can see their mouths move, when they die you can see them spin around and fall

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys... the face thing is a bad idea. These are half-life 1 models, it wouldn't look to good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom