New Health System idea!

Best answers
I know this was never suggested before :laff: . I wonder why...? :fight:

WHAT WILL HAPPEN

Anyway instead of just plain ol' health (which is fine.) why dont you have a picture of whatever person you have been playing with and replace Body damage. This would make it more realistic to the show. They never "died" unless something big attacked them like a spirit bomb or something. Instead when in melee (basic or advance.) all the arrows would actually mean something to the game. Lets say i do a !Insert combo move here! Only one of his legs then his other leg then his stomach then his stomach nailed repeatedly would give him major stomach damage. Now if any 2 body parts are attacked and have gone red (maximum damage) they can be defeated with a Ki attack. No wimpy Generic or Ki blast a FF or BB or KHH would kill him right off the bat. So since

KI LOSS AND DAMGE REPORTS
Alright here it goes

-White outline.
This is nothing your normal normal ki loss through any attack

-Green
Your damaged a little. Ki attacks take a little longer and uses more ki.

-Yellow
Basicly your hurtin bad, ki attacks take longer to charge and uses more ki

-red
Your very hurt, Ki attacks take much longer to charge and uses much more ki

-death
Not the greatest thing but your dead. The only way to die is too have gotten 2 red areas anywhere and have gotten hit by a big attack. YOu will then respawn witha white outline and everything will start over.

WTF WILL HAPPEN IF...

Now here comes the "what if i had more green/yellow/red spots? Will anything happen?" No-ish. If your body is covered red then you cannot charge attacks and will start losing ki until your dry.

KI ATTACKS

They do no damge until you have one red spot. "Wait i thought you said two killed you...?" Yes they do but one is enough to start giving quicker red spots.
Also Ki attacks can give some spots IF fully charged to there potential.

HEALTH BAR
Yes this will be in there still but with a twist. There will be an option on the "Create Server" button where it will give you either Health Bar or Damage System. health Bar = Health Bar. Damage System = What was stated above.

EDIT: KI ATTACK DAMAGE REPORTS

This'll clear some crap up. Lets begin shall we?

-White Outline
Ki attacks do damge but very little.

-Green
Damage is increased to the normal ESF way no matter the move.

-Yellow
Increased 25% to the normal ESF attacks.

-Red
Screwed! 50% more damge than the normal ESF attacks.

HOpefull this'll help people out for the future. Ill post updates when needed. :D Enjoy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I give you props on the very unique suggestion, and I think it's pretty cool too. However, I don't like that Ki attacks don't hurt you unti lyou have red spots. It just kind of lame that you could charge up a final flash and hurt no one becuase they aren't red anywhere. Other than that, the idea seems solid to me.

Best answers
I prefer the damage system. Nah, just replace the stupid health bar with the brand new damage system idea which is unique instead of a plain and simple one.

Best answers
I like the idea, but is this possible in hl ?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sounds far too complicated. It'd take ages to kill somebody.

Best answers
Well, i tshould be like this. if you ever seen dbz it realy takes "ages" to kill someone

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a game, not actual DBZ, I don't particularly desire to fight with someone for 10 minutes before one of us dies. A truly realistic DBZ game would be very difficult to play.

Best answers
Carnage said:
Then this could be used in another game mode perhaps?
Maby , however it would take ages to code , also it would make Ki attacks next to useless , makeing characters that can beam/ballspam well (Buu , Vegeta , Frieza , Krillen) less effective.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i do like the idea, aznd i like that someone finaly came up with something original, but....this is not really suited for esf, esf is a fastpaced game
Addign this would make the game alot slower, you would get low hp and need twice as long to charge a beam > very annoying

and then u get the prob that whenever the hp gets low ppl will type "kill" in console since they need full health again

Original and good idea....but wouldnt suit esf

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe each bodypart will have different importance:

Head- if it's red you're dead.
Legs- Each leg that is red slows you down by 10%, and decreases the damage done by kicks.
Arms- Each arm that is red decreases the damage done by punches.
Stomach- If stomach +2 legs or arms are red, you're dead. <---2 arms or legs can be 1 arm and 1 leg.

By the way I dont think it's so good cuz you can't tell your character which bodypart to attack. If you could, it would have been better.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats why you have high medium and lo attacks ;)

Nice idea but sounds like a lot of coding. Maby there is a simpler way to do it.

And a little fix Ki attacks hurt you but cant kill you unless you are hurt badly (like you said 2 red parts) or if you have 1 read and 1 yello part that is about to turn read and the blast is strong enough.

And how about if you have less ki you take more damage that would seem a bit more realistic :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree, I don't think it'll make the game slower all that much. It just makes it a little more tricky to kill someone. It wouldn't take all that long to get a red spot on someone and then annihilate them with a beam if you wanted to. The slower charges on the beams would make it harder to use them. The big beams charge slow already anyway, they were never a fast part of the game. The only things I don't like about the idea are the limitations to how you can damage/kill the opponent. You should be able to kill them however, just that locational damage would come into play now. It'd be very cool if your legs were messed up, your running speed would be reduced a little. Or if your shoulders/arms were damaged you wouldn't be able to maniplulate ki as well as you normally could. Very very cool idea, but no one can really say for sure if it'd be a good addition until it was tested. It's got a make it pr break it quality to it, it could either make the game awesome, or have the opposite effect. I like it though.

Best answers
Yeah i said it would do little or no damage but still. One red spot anywhere and beams do alot more damage.

Hmmmm let me make a Fix to this

I LOVE EDITING OMG O_O

And for the attacks in advance melee.

This is what it would do

DOWN-Any leg is damaged left/right-down would damage the left/right leg
DOWN LEFT/RIGHT- left/right leg is damaged
RIGHT/LEFT- Stomach. why? Well left/right up will attack the arms.
UP left/right- Arms. left/right would attack the left/right arm.
UP- I love this up part. HEAD WEEEEEE!
COMBOS- STOMACH ONLY!!1!!!!11
Simple Melee- The problem... is here! Damage would be randomized i guess.
Going into the wall = Stomach damage

Coding needed? very little.

Best answers
It sounds like a great idea, but what if you damage too arms to red, surely that doesnt lead to death, or an arm or a leg. what we be an amazing idea is if the team did battle damage and with your idea incorporated you could get an arm severely damaged and you cant punch and maybe 2 handed ki attacks are weaker or take far more ki use. The idea you have would compliment battle damage very well!

Best answers
Robby said:
Yeah i said it would do little or no damage but still. One red spot anywhere and beams do alot more damage.

Hmmmm let me make a Fix to this

I LOVE EDITING OMG O_O

And for the attacks in advance melee.

This is what it would do

DOWN-Any leg is damaged left/right-down would damage the left/right leg
DOWN LEFT/RIGHT- left/right leg is damaged
RIGHT/LEFT- Stomach. why? Well left/right up will attack the arms.
UP left/right- Arms. left/right would attack the left/right arm.
UP- I love this up part. HEAD WEEEEEE!
COMBOS- STOMACH ONLY!!1!!!!11
Simple Melee- The problem... is here! Damage would be randomized i guess.
Going into the wall = Stomach damage

Coding needed? very little.
So your saying , you prepunch someone , hit them with a red attack upwards , and they'd die straight off?

Boreeeeeeeeeing , you'd never be able to get a good fight in , it'd just be who gets the red hit in first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
other words, your suggesting attack zones. i actually wouldn't want something like this in ESF. i'd rathedr have this kind of system in mechmod or gundam sort of mod with machines, where you can use homing stuff to target certain areas of the mech or whatever to disable that part. wouldn't want that for this mod thoe, since it goes by really fast

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so if someone is in the red their ki drains until it runs out - and they take 50% more damage - well seems like an they cant do much to fight back doesn't it?

Best answers
ive had this game for three days and im pretty good now, know both combos and can beat some pro players but ive noticed you guys discredit ideas because your 'pro' or what ever when the majority of gamers who dont sign up to the forums are not very good. i believe the mele system is very bias towards good players and is hard for noobs to fight back, maybe some of these suggestions are good. if a player is weakend by a ki black, which a majority of new players do it would even out mele battles. [SAS]Orion.

Best answers
Alright anyone get an Iron cause you guys keep making Bugs! \o/

Orion its the point. If you get attacked so much your very weak and ki attacks HAVE to do less.Otherwise we got a problem.

MajinDruu (right?) Beams can only kill you not melee. Well maybe i dont know i still got other NON-HUMAN bugs too clear up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom