🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Music videos already?? Lol

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
I apologise that I took this film without the permission but how you like the music + video?..

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now before you read this I mean no offence.

For me it seems like most of the choices in this game is chosen by the team and its preferences. Swooping backwards has become markedly slower. The ability to predict movements and counter them is less effective now, rapidly attacking without giving the enemy chance to repel, dodge or counter seems to have become a huge factor here. I know this game is not 1.1, 1.2.3 or any other previous alpha, beta or full version you have ever done. But please take the values we are fond of into the game again. The speed is great and all but please make sure you can use this speed to counter and take distance as well. I don't mean like miles distance even though that might be a little hard with this intense speed you guys have modified. I appreciate that this intense speed was added it's gonna make it very fun especially when the map is significantly bigger than the gldsrc engine intends to allow. But whom are you releasing this game for? You seem to have been making it out of inductive perception and added the things like you wanted in, to make it a more aggressive game and weight down on counter types, why? because it's tedious to fight a guy who was able to easily counter everyone? Again I don't want this to be a better version of 1.2.3, or frankly spoken I do, but you can make this game balanced for each kind of style just like 1.2.3 was. The fast players were able to become insanely good, for you who played ESF in the time of its peak, you know a player like [s2k] Gohan aka Tribute was insanely fast and precise with his teleports and with continuous yet successive attacks. And you know players like Ren who were excessively good at countering, reading and anticipating his enemy's movement as they were his own in 100 ping and yet mash several excellent players. Here we have a balance of 2 people who both are enthroned the title of elite players (not stating they are best but I'm trying to come with examples we might all know..) I want to be able to make a chain swoop that hits people from the side with SS DD WW and I have to take into account that I will be hit if I use SS because it's too damn slow compared to the guy coming with a charged turbo swoop at me? Come on...

Except for the balance in speed I have, in addition, a comment on the tic-tac-toe melee.

I think that basic should beat all, because face it... people will practice that the most as people like to control their own movements instead of the game punching the **** out of you, source? Free movement is a blatant thing people like, and look at ESF 1.2 .. basic melee is preferably chosen because people can show variety here by doing side/roof/ground hits, hit people up, down, into walls and all that with their second hit... making second hits from the side, above and all that seems to be nearly out of option now. Automatic melee is quite boring..

You made the game too easy for people that just like to play by reflexes... you need to put brain cells into ESF, I really, really don't want you to take that away. Now you probably just have to keep pressing the same buttons to win with the most fast and aggressive guy winning because he's faster than the slow guy is.. some people like it more chess-like. I have seen the video in the FP, and the videos here ... I might anticipate wrong and I might judge too fast, also the game is, of course, not done yet I do take that into account. I have spoken to a few testers and people in the team asking them questions and of course receiving vague answers and I fully respect that as you keep your information classified, good job there (the guys I am talking about know whom I'm talking about). They all somewhat agree that counter types will either become useless or less effective by tremendous amounts. Watching the videos I think I can see why, I honestly love you guys for working hard on it.. but I think instead of doing so much for the noobs (honestly it seems harder now .. not easier.. except for the 1 button swoop) but then again, instead of doing so much for the noobs make sure you make it good for the excellent players too and make many player styles available.. instead of letting the game chose your entire play style by tic-tac-toe melee .. you must anticipate way more than that.. you must time your attack it shouldn't be constantly bouncing into each other but giving it an extra thought of where, when and how you attack..

Again.. no offence meant.. I only wish to share my opinions and concerns to help you guys improve the game.. I love the ESF community and I respect the team for working hard on the new version. I have done lots for this community and I have spent a lot of time, I don't want the final version to be a mess and I want to make sure that you give every player a great time and not let the game die again within a year or something. So hear people out and at least take these things into account...
No offense taken. Right now it's like you are watching someone test drive a car instead of driving it yourself.

The melee system was developed with both new and experienced players in mind. The basic tools are available to everyone, but skill can make a huge difference in how they are applied. For example, let's look at chaining multiple simple melee hits together. I would be considered an average player at best and it is very rare that I can chain melee attacks together. Some of the other developers/BTs are far more experienced and can chain together 2-3 attacks (it becomes progressively harder to chain with each hit). On top of that they can be more strategic about their attack selection depending upon the environment around them. Are you fighting in a crowded area? Good, simple melee someone and get out of there. Are you alone by a cliff side? Good, simple melee, switch to throw to plant them in the wall and then follow up with a few ki blasts.

There was a great deal of effort put into preserving the feeling of 1.2.3 melee. The new system could actually be considered an extension of simple melee. It might be worth re-reading the old melee guide post.
http://esforces.com/news/47/51/Melee-Combat-Guide-Video.html

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
I apologise for the second time this way I won't do;). I know as oneself you are bleating above it I am taking care of the modem it and it thank you very much for everything what you are doing. And what's more isn't crawl only my modest opinion.: : Tak:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
I know but on youtube I can see many films from esf it isn't done by authors..

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Decent video!

Btw the way you see the Vegetas fight right next to you @ 50 seconds in the video above this post is just aboveeee amazing.. :yes:

You should keep these small maps by the way, not just for testing but 1v1 ... :smile:

I hope my long post will have some answers or leave some influence guys ^_^

**** I didn't see that there were posts above me about my post.. sec reading and I will edit this answer...

edit:

No offense taken. Right now it's like you are watching someone test drive a car instead of driving it yourself.

The melee system was developed with both new and experienced players in mind. The basic tools are available to everyone, but skill can make a huge difference in how they are applied. For example, let's look at chaining multiple simple melee hits together. I would be considered an average player at best and it is very rare that I can chain melee attacks together. Some of the other developers/BTs are far more experienced and can chain together 2-3 attacks (it becomes progressively harder to chain with each hit). On top of that they can be more strategic about their attack selection depending upon the environment around them. Are you fighting in a crowded area? Good, simple melee someone and get out of there. Are you alone by a cliff side? Good, simple melee, switch to throw to plant them in the wall and then follow up with a few ki blasts.

There was a great deal of effort put into preserving the feeling of 1.2.3 melee. The new system could actually be considered an extension of simple melee. It might be worth re-reading the old melee guide post.
http://esforces.com/news/47/51/Melee-Combat-Guide-Video.html
You know for a fact that ESF players tend to take the game to extremes, they will make 2-3 hits somewhat normal or develop crazy techniques, they will MOST LIKELY go beyond what you had imagined they could... I bet both in 1.1 and 1.2.3 you had no idea people would take it to such extremes in skill level. I am mainly talking about the automatic melee, angles on 2nd, 3rd hits instead of putting full focus mashing into the enemy all the time not only at 2nd and 3rd hit but also 1st hit. In addition, you have limited the way a counter player play significantly. Those are very values that would be sad to let go. As I said instead of making the game good for only aggressive players you should make it somewhat equal towards whom play with brain and counter.. (not talking about runners)

I should comment more on the things you guys have done well, because I don't think you did a bad job.. I am just trying to polish the bad things .. some things, as aforementioned have went beyond my imagination. Also thanks for not taking any offence, it means a lot that you guys don't think I'm just being picky and grumpy :p

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
There is one annoying thing that I have spotted.

Every time the enemy gets hit he bleeds from his mouth, you guys should do like a randomize thing so that not always when you hit the enemy he bleeds, sometimes he bleeds, sometimes he doesn't.

The rest is amazing!! doesn't come close to any of the esf versions before i can't wait to play it :D :yes:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh you can still play defensively. As for counter players. They will need to get the timings down and practice. Its still possible to play with simply avoid and counter tactics, but its just much harder because of the increased speed.

Remember that in 1.2 playing defensively is a huge advantage. We wanted to level the playing field for offensive and defensive players. And quite frankly we managed that as far as i can tell. You know me. Im an offensive player, but id hate to admit it, Raven kicks my ass like there is no tomorrow and hes playing the same style. Only because he is better with teleport use, than i am.

But i can still get hits in if i switch to a defensive style of play. (but you know me defensive just aint fun for me)

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Oh you can still play defensively. As for counter players. They will need to get the timings down and practice. Its still possible to play with simply avoid and counter tactics, but its just much harder because of the increased speed.

Remember that in 1.2 playing defensively is a huge advantage. We wanted to level the playing field for offensive and defensive players. And quite frankly we managed that as far as i can tell. You know me. Im an offensive player, but id hate to admit it, Raven kicks my ass like there is no tomorrow and hes playing the same style. Only because he is better with teleport use, than i am.

But i can still get hits in if i switch to a defensive style of play. (but you know me defensive just aint fun for me)
Yeah we had our conversations about defensive and non-defensive. Just make sure to leave a decent balance, Grega :D
I don't care if it's hard .. just don't make faster players have the huge advantage in this version..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't care what anyone says, I can't wait for this to come out, the WHOLE time, my jaw was on the floor, until the end of the second video with the Final Flash (i think?), then my jaw went to China. The only thing I didn't like is that when Vegeta threw his charged ki blast, like at 0:20 on the first video, it didn't look like Vegeta threw it, it just kinda flew out of his hand, I'm guessing that the ESF Team just haven't added one in yet. Other than that, I loved it. GOOD JOB! :yes:

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I don't care what anyone says, I can't wait for this to come out, the WHOLE time, my jaw was on the floor, until the end of the second video with the Final Flash (i think?), then my jaw went to China. The only thing I didn't like is that when Vegeta threw his charged ki blast, like at 0:20 on the first video, it didn't look like Vegeta threw it, it just kinda flew out of his hand, I'm guessing that the ESF Team just haven't added one in yet. Other than that, I loved it. GOOD JOB! :yes:
Do remember it's a mere ki blast though... the DB characters are able to throw it with just standing still I suppose they don't have to throw it? But it does give a better feeling if it was "fixed" indeed.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It was at 0:49. It's not very easy to tell...but SSJ Vegeta is pounding another Vegeta and then some huge explosion happens. I noticed the ground gets scorched from pretty much all explosions though which is awesome^^.

Also, when he gets pounded in the ground around 0:43, 3 yellow explosions happen right after in quick succession. Are those Ki Blasts?
A few things happen in that time frame. I combo melee Masta send him to the ground, fire ki blasts at him, then go down ready to melee him again. I got caught by base Vegeta in one of his bonus melee attacks, and it looks like just after he hits me with the energy ball in his hand, another yellow energy attack hits the ground.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Awesome videos guys :) I'm really looking forward to playing it

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
I'm impressed. I tip my hat to you guys, ESF Team. :) This project has come a long way since the Alpha stages. It's visually on par with most current-gen titles now. More than that, it has style. :cool: I haven't been playing ESF too much in the last couple years, but this has me at the edge of my seat waiting to try it. I hope for a release soon, guys.

If there are any naysayers— I haven't read the thread— in here, I have this to say to you: This is the last version of ESF to be released. It makes sense for them to polish it and leave development on a good foot. Also, this game would make a great reference if any of them wish to pursue an actual career in game development. I'm thinking out of the box here, but my point still stands. Just wait patiently and get on with your lives as they work to create a game they're not even getting paid for.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm.. 0:14 in the second video, I didn't notice but you can see the reflection of the FF in the water. Looks epic :)

Best answers
Flawless

I been following this game ever since it was made and it's becoming more and more like I expected. Pure awsomness. Keep it up ^^

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Wow I wait 4 year

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom