New Gameplay Videos

Legendary Super Saiyan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have been playing this Mod for a number of days... Honestly closer to weeks at this point...

Here's my 2 cents:

As Shadi said, the graphics are looking splendid. But I might have been the only one that was thinking there was quite a bit of clutter all over the place. The size of the explosions were massive... Gave me the ECX/EEA feeling; As beams are a Huge part of DBZ and just a frowned upon aspect of ESF in the current version, I can't knock it til I try it. It's been pointed out to me that you guy are playing with limitless ki, so I'm wondering if the amount of beams being used would be on that scale anyways.

Gameplay seems fast again, (once again limitless ki means you can swoop/teleport forever). There seem to be a lot of Vegeta's... But I mean that could be based on you don't want to show us the other characters in actual play? or they aren't ready

I've seen a lot of change with this mod, and I don't think whats being shown is detrimental. TBH, it seems like ESF got to be revamped by a majority of people who didn't like the repetitiveness of the simple melee aspect, and wanted to expand the game with Nukes and rock paper scissor melee so as to not have one form of domination... I think it's fine, it just looks hard to track players and cluttered... ramble ramble ramble
The Island was so small so the Explosions seemed Huge as Grega said. But they would seem much better on maps like Cell Games, Namek because they are like 20x larger and with the height limit being above the clouds they wouldnt seem that large. Grega pretty much explained the rest to you :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The Island was so small so the Explosions seemed Huge as Grega said. But they would seem much better on maps like Cell Games, Namek because they are like 20x larger and with the height limit being above the clouds they wouldnt seem that large. Grega pretty much explained the rest to you :)
Actually he didn't. I had two topics one was on the beams/clutter and the other was on speed/melee play. He then described how the game isnt based on a 1v1 environment... which I didnt understand why he jumped in that direction so let me clarify what i mean:

My main topic of concern was the speed of the game and the ability of tracking people with the added clutter to the game as well as the speed. If i'm not mistaken someone can use a "super" turbo to just run away constantly? So I'm wondering if any testers out there can tell me if this version will be able to limit gameplay styles which Run and Counter opponents, or the whole sit and wait method of playing. I figure the tracking is easy enough, it's more so chasing down people that I'm wondering about.

Also: Will there be a CVAR/ graphics option to disable Clouds, Mist, Dust and other environmental stuff

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While there is no option to disable effects, there is a lock on system like in 1.1 that is visible though the effects and even though terrain. So if you have someone targeted he can not hide from you. (ofcourse the lock on time is limited)

As for the turbo run away tactic. Well you can try to go after him using the same thing. Only swooping backwards is slower than swooping forwards, or you can try using ki attacks to distract him while you move in from a different angle.

But all in all a running tactic will bring you a last place victory in a server.

Best answers
Man, this is exactly what I've been waiting for is more in-game footage. I'll tell you what I think.

First off beautiful graphics; I remember you guys were talking about weather manipulation and I loved the way the sunsets during the 54 seconds and you see the starry night. I'd hope for some cool effects on ROSAT.

The ocean looks good too I was waiting to see more of it up close. I was able to catch a glimpse of how it MISTS when flying near it, amazing.

The sound is legit as well, when melee combos connect it sounds like theres some serious force behind it and the explosion in Play Test 2 sounds just as good as it looks.

The effects after the explosion was unexpected specifically the energy swirls - I think it causes a more chaos on the map, which I love.

I don't really have any cons at the moment; the rolling effect on the water after the knockback looks like a bug but I'm sure you guys are already aware of that.

This is better than what I was expecting, RELEASE IN PHASES HOO-AHH!!!!

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I forgot what the max player limit is on a map but it would be interesting to see a land littered with explosions the size of that Final Flash and the like^^. Bring on the war I say!

PS: In the first video, what was that big clash/explosion thing that left a huge black, round-looking scar on the ground?

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Easier to tell you if you give us a time :p.. but I think the one you are talking about is an Big Bang Attack. Not 100% on it though.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can there be a ban on a character when somebody has already chosen it. I dunno if its just me, but ill be pretty confused seeing 3 vegeta's lol.
Also CAPTAIN's MODE DOTA 2 IMPLEMENTED HERE, no question about that!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Can there be a ban on a character when somebody has already chosen it. I dunno if its just me, but ill be pretty confused seeing 3 vegeta's lol.
Also CAPTAIN's MODE DOTA 2 IMPLEMENTED HERE, no question about that!
Hmmm what are you talking about bro?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never played DOTA nor will i ever. Whats captains mode.

As for character limits, you already have that in 1.2 you know.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't know about the captain mode but the BROLLY MODE needs to be in the final.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Never played DOTA nor will i ever. Whats captains mode.

As for character limits, you already have that in 1.2 you know.
I guess it could only work given 3 things:

1) More than 30 playable characters
2)Each character is fairly different from another
3)The composition of saiyans to other heroes is equal

Captains mode is like for example, say it was a 5v5 TDM, one player on one side will pick 1 char, then ban 1 char. The first player on the otherside will pick 1 char and ban 1 char. Then its 2nd player's turn to pick 1 char and ban another char etc etc you get the picture.

Edit: The person banning the chars is 1 person who is the captain of the team which would be the first guy picking

Err as for the list I made at the top, is any of those true?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't think thats possible to be done.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Possible but pointless.

This is not a RPGish thing. This is pure deathmatch.

But yea you can already set a limit to characters in 1.2 to only allow X number of a character class in the server before people can no longer select him. Its in the server creation menu.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Now before you read this I mean no offence.

For me it seems like most of the choices in this game is chosen by the team and its preferences. Swooping backwards has become markedly slower. The ability to predict movements and counter them is less effective now, rapidly attacking without giving the enemy chance to repel, dodge or counter seems to have become a huge factor here. I know this game is not 1.1, 1.2.3 or any other previous alpha, beta or full version you have ever done. But please take the values we are fond of into the game again. The speed is great and all but please make sure you can use this speed to counter and take distance as well. I don't mean like miles distance even though that might be a little hard with this intense speed you guys have modified. I appreciate that this intense speed was added it's gonna make it very fun especially when the map is significantly bigger than the gldsrc engine intends to allow. But whom are you releasing this game for? You seem to have been making it out of inductive perception and added the things like you wanted in, to make it a more aggressive game and weight down on counter types, why? because it's tedious to fight a guy who was able to easily counter everyone? Again I don't want this to be a better version of 1.2.3, or frankly spoken I do, but you can make this game balanced for each kind of style just like 1.2.3 was. The fast players were able to become insanely good, for you who played ESF in the time of its peak, you know a player like [s2k] Gohan aka Tribute was insanely fast and precise with his teleports and with continuous yet successive attacks. And you know players like Ren who were excessively good at countering, reading and anticipating his enemy's movement as they were his own in 100 ping and yet mash several excellent players. Here we have a balance of 2 people who both are enthroned the title of elite players (not stating they are best but I'm trying to come with examples we might all know..) I want to be able to make a chain swoop that hits people from the side with SS DD WW and I have to take into account that I will be hit if I use SS because it's too damn slow compared to the guy coming with a charged turbo swoop at me? Come on...

Except for the balance in speed I have, in addition, a comment on the tic-tac-toe melee.

I think that basic should beat all, because face it... people will practice that the most as people like to control their own movements instead of the game punching the **** out of you, source? Free movement is a blatant thing people like, and look at ESF 1.2 .. basic melee is preferably chosen because people can show variety here by doing side/roof/ground hits, hit people up, down, into walls and all that with their second hit... making second hits from the side, above and all that seems to be nearly out of option now. Automatic melee is quite boring..

You made the game too easy for people that just like to play by reflexes... you need to put brain cells into ESF, I really, really don't want you to take that away. Now you probably just have to keep pressing the same buttons to win with the most fast and aggressive guy winning because he's faster than the slow guy is.. some people like it more chess-like. I have seen the video in the FP, and the videos here ... I might anticipate wrong and I might judge too fast, also the game is, of course, not done yet I do take that into account. I have spoken to a few testers and people in the team asking them questions and of course receiving vague answers and I fully respect that as you keep your information classified, good job there (the guys I am talking about know whom I'm talking about). They all somewhat agree that counter types will either become useless or less effective by tremendous amounts. Watching the videos I think I can see why, I honestly love you guys for working hard on it.. but I think instead of doing so much for the noobs (honestly it seems harder now .. not easier.. except for the 1 button swoop) but then again, instead of doing so much for the noobs make sure you make it good for the excellent players too and make many player styles available.. instead of letting the game chose your entire play style by tic-tac-toe melee .. you must anticipate way more than that.. you must time your attack it shouldn't be constantly bouncing into each other but giving it an extra thought of where, when and how you attack..

Again.. no offence meant.. I only wish to share my opinions and concerns to help you guys improve the game.. I love the ESF community and I respect the team for working hard on the new version. I have done lots for this community and I have spent a lot of time, I don't want the final version to be a mess and I want to make sure that you give every player a great time and not let the game die again within a year or something. So hear people out and at least take these things into account...

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
While it may be true that it is sad that the control of choosing in what direction you want to punch people has been replaced by an automatic combo, yea let's face some other facts:

Qte-s take you out of the action completely one minute you are flying at god knows what speed and when you clash into someone you just stop in the middle of the air and throw some really slow punches and kicks that look nothing like DBZ fighting where people are hitting each other almost synced at ludicrous speed. Also utter garbage: directions if it wasn't for the multiple direction arrows then nobody would be hitting anyone because we'd all be guessing the directions of where punches come from, which would have meant that advanced melee = pointless. Now the way I see this game was build and the way everything else worked in the game ESF is a faced paced multiplayer game people are moving and fighting at high speed all over the map rather than standing around in the air waiting for each-others turn, this (and the fact that it's broken and can be exploited for easy kill) is why people prefer to use simple melee most of the time.

So that's that: in a fast-pace game the turn-based qte's had to go, like immediately.

Additional note: Regarding the new system I'm excited to see if advanced melee vs advanced melee means that the characters clashing will be ,,sync-hitting" each other like in the show. It would be what I've always wanted out of any DBZ game, and right now I personally see no other way how a fighting style like that could be implemented better in a game.

Anybody got any better idea of how that could be implemented properly?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All 3 melee styles are formed after simple melee and act as such.

Simple melee works as it always has 1 punch send the opponent flying.

Combo melee has an animation that gives you enough time to choose where to hit the opponent (directional buttons decide what direction the opponent will fly at the end)

Throw gives the player the choice of distance and possibility of aim. There are no QTEs or anything of the sort.

All melee systems follow the same principle. Hit target, play animation, send target flying in a direction. What direction that is depends on the method used and what the player chose.

Simple melee is fastest and gives you very little controll. Combo melee is slowest and gives you most control, throw is medium speed and gives you distance control (full chadge will create distance and minimum charge will create an opportunity for a follow up hit)

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Easier to tell you if you give us a time :p.. but I think the one you are talking about is an Big Bang Attack. Not 100% on it though.
It was at 0:49. It's not very easy to tell...but SSJ Vegeta is pounding another Vegeta and then some huge explosion happens. I noticed the ground gets scorched from pretty much all explosions though which is awesome^^.

Also, when he gets pounded in the ground around 0:43, 3 yellow explosions happen right after in quick succession. Are those Ki Blasts?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Nice my veriosn [video=youtube;pGIKl0lsLA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGIKl0lsLA4[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom