[Old PotW] New Desert Duel picture!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Its the fog to cover the bottomless chasm.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
My point was that difference between smallest and biggest cliff is too big

If smallest cliff is double size of character or actually same size then biggest one will look like a mountain...

And where the heck do you see in that picture anything i said about difference - i see cliffs there are in similar sizes....so next time read twice posts if you cant see whats the point in it....

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I fear you have lost me. =/

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I think the cliffs or w/e are fine.

I want to know if we can fight under the fog.

If we can then awesome, and if not then .... lets not think about this possibility.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Very nice. Super challenge with strategic attack on this map.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
the map will be tad diferent in the end, that what it looks now, they just take screenshoots of what i upload to SVN, so yeah, it eint the final representation.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I fear you have lost me. =/
I think that what he means is, that some cliffs are too small (2x the character size) and that it wouldn't look good ingame, while you'd be playing next to them. This is kind of true, considering the fact that while the cliffs in the series were of different sizes, they were never so small as they are in this map.

However, the map looks fantastic and the team needs to have some creative freedom.

I'm savy. :yes:

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Although I get why you put fog over the cliffs(for visual reasons), I don't quite find it matching with the surroundings. Desserts are supposed to be as dry as a bone, fog shouldn't occur in desserts.

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Although I get why you put fog over the cliffs(for visual reasons), I don't quite find it matching with the surroundings. Desserts are supposed to be as dry as a bone, fog shouldn't occur in desserts.
Yes, because DBZ is totally based on real life, talking animals and all.
Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fog_desert.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that what he means is, that some cliffs are too small (2x the character size) and that it wouldn't look good ingame, while you'd be playing next to them. This is kind of true, considering the fact that while the cliffs in the series were of different sizes, they were never so small as they are in this map.

However, the map looks fantastic and the team needs to have some creative freedom.

I'm savy. :yes:
Oh, now I get it.

Well from the exclusive ESF streams we got to watch on Steam Chat, I can say that the smallest rock is much more than twice as large as any single character. Also, it was quite easy to dodge the smaller ones, while the big ones were huge enough to make you significantly change your direction.

Yes, because DBZ is totally based on real life, talking animals and all.
Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fog_desert.
While the series cannot be considered real compared to the world we live in, we can take it as another hypothetical living, breathing world with its own sets of laws, customs, inhabitants, physics and the like. So considering those properties to be constant, physical aspects of that world are very similar to ours, thus actually making Dutchmeat's comment a legitimate point.

On the other hand, that fog is just meant to act as another boundary to keep the players in the map. The space below the fog is off limits, if the mentioned stream is anything to go by.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well just FYI. Thats not fog. Its a sea of clouds. The idea behind the map is a rocky desert plateau above the clouds, rather than a fogy valley.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Pssht the map is awesome... let's keep it at that lol

when the game is released feel free to make your own version i'd say ^^

The only thing what got me a bit curius is what happens if you fall down ...
is it endless with a hidden floor. or is there a path down there.
Or will there be an instant death option :p

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope the map gets a bit more variety (mostly color, but also geometry), it looks awfully repetitive right now.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing what got me a bit curius is what happens if you fall down ...
is it endless with a hidden floor. or is there a path down there.
Or will there be an instant death option :p
It will be like those invisible boundaries in the Tenkaichi series, so you will just float over it no matter how much someone knocks you down over it.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Not enough green... wait what?..

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
My point was that difference between smallest and biggest cliff is too big

If smallest cliff is double size of character or actually same size then biggest one will look like a mountain...

And where the heck do you see in that picture anything i said about difference - i see cliffs there are in similar sizes....so next time read twice posts if you cant see whats the point in it....
You really are hung up on this size thing aren't you. ;)

Look, I get what you're trying to say about cliffs and what not and I get that English isn't your first language, it isn't mine either. What I was trying to say however was simply: Would the size of the smallest spire, or the size of the largest spire have any major impact on how you play or how much fun you have playing?

@Grega: Ty, makes more sense now. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom