Neo Tokyo

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is out. I'm downloading right now

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Give us some info man. Is it a game or a mod?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOh3xYPrYF8[/ame]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't look bad for a first release. I really dislike the weapon sounds a lot. :s

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry Lith, I wasn't thinking when I made the topic. It's a mod for HL2, reminds me a lot of the HL2 mod Dystopia.

If you want to know more, check out their mod db profile, it tells you more then I could http://www.moddb.com/mods/neotokyo

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****, this takes strategy to a whole new Level.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've only watched the trailer that was posted here and the first thing I could think of was Ghost in the Shell.

And that's a good thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's looks a like it's Ghost in the Shell capture the robot.

Pretty cool looking game. I like how the sniper rifle has that thermal vision type function.

Best answers
I got it just tonight and It's lots of fun. They will be adding a Death Match and Team Death Match setting soon, which will be lots of fun and will have respawns. Currently the mode they have now is that once you die, you're dead until the round is over. I like it a lot even though I'm not too good at it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I tried it out. Some thoughts that I had while playing

Visually, the mod looks great. The models are great, maps are visually appealing, sounds are good and animation is good. The mod even has a soundtrack, although I've never actually heard the soundtrack play ingame.

The game crashes a lot for me. At one point it crashed 3 times in 10 minutes. I guess they should have hired more testers with a broader range of machinery?

Gameplay wise, the game feels so generic it hurts. It's basically CS in a different setting. Or, to put it a different way, it's a round based version of Dystopia, but with different maps / skins. I'm sure there are some people who want that, but for me personally, I'm over CS, I feel like forcing the player to wait minutes every time he/she dies is an obsolete and idiotic practice. On big servers, you can be waiting for what seems like 5 minutes to play every time you die. I'm playing games to have fun, not to watch other people have it.

It just seems like such a waste of talent. Mods have the ability to experiment with gameplay in ways that commercial games can't. I don't get why they needed to go and create a game that's been done to death.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though it does have some flaws I love it and I've been playing the **** out of it. Hasn't crashed once for me, it's kinda of shocking that you said that it happened to you. My computer isn't all that wonderful, but the game runs very smoothly for me. I think all they need to do to make it a better game is add more gametypes.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm.

Well, FPS wise, the game runs wonderful for me, it's just it occasionally crashes. It's not too bad, I can live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom