Need some Suggestion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You see the NNC in my sig? Well, we've got hacked. I'm tired of reinstailling the forum, but I heard people from NTP, mostely from Kurt. were trying to hack us. I've contacted the host staff of hlgaming.com, he already Network IP banned the first hacker, but now we have a second one, that deleted our MYSQL database. I need some suggetions on how to fix this problem, and I have NOCLUE how they did delete it. Can someone here tell me how to backup mySQL? I'm now trying to contact the hosting staff of hlgaming, and the magement. If anyone knows who did it, please add me to ([email protected]).

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Inakuro said:
You see the NNC in my sig? Well, we've got hacked. I'm tired of reinstailling the forum, but I heard people from NTP, mostely from Kurt. were trying to hack us. I've contacted the host staff of hlgaming.com, he already Network IP banned the first hacker, but now we have a second one, that deleted our MYSQL database. I need some suggetions on how to fix this problem, and I have NOCLUE how they did delete it. Can someone here tell me how to backup mySQL? I'm now trying to contact the hosting staff of hlgaming, and the magement. If anyone knows who did it, please add me to ([email protected]).
The problem is kind of obvious since it tells you straight away...

Code:
ERROR: Cannot find database hlgannch_nnc  

mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ibf_sessions WHERE running_time < 1102113241 or ip_address='fumoffu'

mySQL error: No Database Selected
mySQL error code: 
Date: Friday 03rd of December 2004 05:34:01 PM
Your forum cannot find the mySQL database called hlgannch_nnc as stated in your conf_global.php file. Create an empty database, assign a username and password to that database - and then run the install php file for Invision after editing config_global.php to match your new database details. This should install a fresh forum database for your forum to run with. Also make sure you're reading from localhost in the config file.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't work. Our mysql database is deleted, all our forum information is in that database. Plus, I did that on the last forum reset. Some reason it was messed up and distorted.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Inakuro said:
Doesn't work. Our mysql database is deleted, all our forum information is in that database.
What do you mean doesn't work -_-. The forum files stored on your http server is just software written on php, and everything actually revolves around the saved data in your mySQL database file. Like I just said in the above post, it's kind of obvious that your database is deleted/missing - and Invision CANNOT run without a database. So you either need to restore your old database, and if that's not possible - CREATE A NEW ONE like I suggested in my post above. Obvioiusly, you will lose (you have already lost) all your old forum's data.

I would also suggest a re-upload of your Invision Board forum files to guarantee that everything runs smoothly and is fresh.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes I know, but I guess I'll try it again and see it if it works. Plus, can you tell me how to backup the whole FORUM's database?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Inakuro said:
Yes I know, but I guess I'll try it again and see it if it works. Plus, can you tell me how to backup the whole FORUM's database?
It's not "I guess I'll try it again", it should be "I HAVE to create a database if I want my forums working". I'm sorry but there is no other way around it, forums cannot work without a database...

You can backup your database easily if your host provides you with cPanel web management software. If not, use the AdminCP on your Invision Forum (once you have actually managed to get your forums up and running) under "SQL Management" on the left side. It might be worth while reading up on some forum documentation btw.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I found alot of info. about this so called "hacker". Do you know which directory I should re-upload or anything gr00ve? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom