Need model for tutorial

Best answers
I downloaded Milkshape today and started working with the CSGirl tut. Only problem is I can't find the model I need for the tut, namely gsg9.mdl.

I have the most recent version of CS installed under Steam, but I can't find any models in the CS directory. Where is it??

Bolteh2

B
the models in cs on steam are compiled in the huge cache files (under steam/steamapps) you need to decompile them, or download the won version of cs (or ask a friend to send it to you)

thats another bad thing bout steam, its mod unfriendly

Best answers
And how do I decompile em?

By the way, Bolteh, that's one helluva weird sig you get there. Weird, but I like it.

Bolteh2

B
well, dont relaly know how you can decompile them, i know there are some ppl who made a decompiler, maybe do a search on the steam forums (www.steampowered.com)

and the sig is from a music band called laibach

Best answers
I thought decompiling them was illegal...
There was a debate about this in the NS forums some while ago which ended in the threats closement because it was illegal p.0

But lemme have a search, I'm not 100% sure...

:EDIT: nvm, there was a debate about how it was "reverser engineering", which IS forbidden, but there never was a definite conclusion. So here's a link:

http://countermap.counter-strike.net/Nemesis/index.php?p=1

It's called GSFScape

Best answers
i think you can just go to the cs skin shack and dl all the original models there.

Bolteh2

B
well, it cant be illigal, since steam was going to add decompilers/browsers for them sooner or later (i thought i read that somewhere on the dod forums)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom