Need for speed underground help needed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well blah, got nfsu and what do you know, it does not work on lan, I freaking hate when companys do that, SOoo I went to there helpfull faq and it said I need to open up some ports, and basicly "If you dont know how, ask someone else" hmm.. I looked around and could find nothing on how to open ports, I dont care about my PC being open to hackers or anything, I just want to know how to open these damn ports, I know alot about comps, but when it comes to networking, I know zip.

I need these ports opened (Got them from the F.A.Q)

TCP: 10900-10999 inclusive

UDP: 3658 and 3659

Best answers
Well, are you on 56k, Cable or DSL? Do you have a firewall(Zone alarm), do you have a router?

Best answers
I'm pretty sure you have to be connected to the internet too to use LAN, which really sucks since I go to LAN parties often and our setup dosn't always allow for even one person to have a cable near them. Not sure what to tell ya, sorry.
Make sure you have your IPX settings installed, thats all I can say. Go into properties under your connection, and make sure that your connection uses IPX module. Thats how I got it to work on Blizzard games, since its IPX.
To install it click on Install.. then it should be under Protocol, if that dosn't work im stumped.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the help, but its sorted now, can you belive it was the simplest of all things?

I dont have a firewall on my computer, but I DO have xp thats got its own built it one, I forgot to turn that off on my main comp

I R SO DUM :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom