Need a little help for my research paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well basically I'm doing this Research work :paper: for my school. It's about Translation Methods in languages.
So the main thing i want to research is :
Study different translation methods and research how they are changing the quality of translated text and if any translation problems can be found using different translation methods.

This week we had to search for information sources and see how much we can find.(There are weeks where certain tasks are given for management purposes.)
I found a little amount information and some webpages(which aren't approved, legit or written by any professor or professional)

So, if anyone by accident knows a book where translation methods are mentioned or described, or even a good place to search for books(not asking for torrents) or legit information(that is written by professor or a professional), I would appreciate that A LOT.

I'm not asking you to search for it(except you really want to help me :) ), but if anyone knows that, please tell me.

Best answers
I don't know anything about translations, but I do remember two things.

I've read Dante's Inferno twice from two different books, in one there was an author's preface. He translated the book himself and said something like this, translating from one language to another is like trying to interpret music that is meant for a piano to a trumpet or another instrument. The translation entirety is not 100% with context nor delivery.

This doesn't really help, but I took Spanish one semester for College and my teacher said that Spanish gets rid of redundancy in the English language through consolidation or sheer omission. For instance, the word "am" is redundant. The only one that can am is "I" so to say that "I am" is not only obvious, but like I said, redundant. You can't am, he can't am, she can't am, we can't am only I can.

anyways good luck burr <.<

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If its a Cuneiform translation you need, theres a lot of room for interpretations because one reason is that the original language was lost, and only after being able to assimilate only large amounts of seemingly unrelated scripts inscribed into either clay pottery or stone tablets. At that moment only then can a real framework can emerge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only just seen this thread, and probably a bit late, but The Routledge Course in Japanese Translation could be of some assistance?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks for the help, you helped me a little bit. I actually found a way to search these. The problem was that I didn't search with the correct keywords. :)

I'm closing this thread so it doesn't go into offtopic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom