Naz's farewell

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Naz posted this in the staff section of the forum, and after reading over it a second time I realized that he would like it to be pasted here as well....
<hr>

Hello fellow mods and admins,

It's been a long while since I've been here, the lost 4 months have been very hectic for me. Starting with my love-hate relation between me and my internet provider Planet. They have shut my internet down several times for the most idiotic reasons, wich wouldnt be all that bad if only there was an easy way to recover it, sadly, the only way was trough email and the one thing I dont have when I dont have an internet connection is email, also had a virus and several hacking attempts, more of that later..

November this year my dog, Rifka was his name, died at an age of 12 he had throat cancer and was noticably suffering from this wich is why we let him sleep in. A totally new experience for me, I never lost anyone so close to me before and it took me some time to recover from this. This all happend in my examperiod making it even more stressfull for me. A (maybe logic) result of this was that I got about 3 unsatisfactory marks ranging from 3-5 (on a scale of 10). Not to worry though, I managed to get a good list of marks without any grades below 6. However I have a large arrears compared to the rest of my class, something I have to make up this vacation.

On top of the, the first 2 weeks of december I had a eyehallow inflammation (sp?). Something I seem to get each year around this time, its rather chronic.

Good things happend too though, I got a new girlfriend and we're doing great together. Only thing, it just takes up time, wich I absolutely dont mind, but it does mean that I have less time for other things.

I gave up on some things, for instance, I stopped with cs, half life mods in general. Gave up my adminship on the gamecity gaming servers, gave up my moderator position on the counter strike forums. Stopped with making any form of art and website design. Not only because I dont have the time for it anymore, but also because several people attempted to hack me -like I mentioned earlier-. Most likely cheaters who I banned, pretty much doing my job, it's just not worth it for me. I dont enjoy the cs community and cs as a game much anymore.

I'm somewhat proud on what I "achieved" either way, moderatorships and adminships, member of artgroups and co-owner of rs. It was great fun for me.

Being a moderator here was great, I was very happy to get the chance to proove myself. I enjoyed catching rippers, see people grow their skill with photoshop and 3d programs and keeping the art section clean.

So yea, I guess you've seen this comming, this is my application of dismissal. I'll most likely still be around, however, I think that there are many people on this forum who are much more suitable for this position then I am now. I'd like to thanks offcourse all my fellow moderator admins and moderators some of them might not be around anymore, I'll state them anyway

I hope I remember all of the names, its been a while for me

Ryoko, S-Bolt, LS , Greentaco, Firefly, Phob, Cuc, Cheeseman, Maj, Hsu, Groovy, VT, Greg, fatmanerror, Miroku, deverz, mystix, hib, magus, bruno, ET, Bruno, Judge, Sonic Boyster, Glenn, Mr.Satan, Mars, Cookster, Karrde, Nretep, Gonadz, Chimp

keep up your dedication for this awesome mod and forum

Also a special thanks to the esf team who made this all possible; some of them might have left allready:

Masta, PCJoe, Harsens, SS_Vegeta, Vassago, Blade, Me, Darktooth, Stryker, Zero, Freedom, Ultraq, TC

you're doing an awesome job, and succeeded in making one of the best dbz games ever.

Offcourse, thanks to all my friends too, you know who you are , allthough I doubt most of them are able to read this... but maybe someone can copy this to offtopic for me.

Again, thanks everyone, I hope I havent forgotten anyone, a very merry christmas, and a happy 2004

Naz - out
<hr>

So there you have it, a little late thanks to ignorance, but we can all mourn...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aww he doesn't remember me :(
what terrible events to happen =/
i've always respected your artwork and seeing your artwork kept me from quitting Photoshop cuz i sucked :p
good luck and good bye Naz!!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, Naz, I salute you. You are a good guy, you were an outstanind mod, and I await your possible return =]

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Even though I have never had the courtesy to know Naz better then the few times I saw him in IRC and had a chat with him, I wish Naz good luck in everything life has to offer and has in store for him, you will be missed, and remember, keep it real.

- DPredator

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Naz is an awesome artist. And MSR the reason he didn't say your name is because he was naming mods and team members. This post was originally in the staff section, but after reading it a second time and seeing the request to copy it to off topic, I did so

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I never really talked to Naz before, but I wish him the best for his journey on. Also I'm sorry about his dear dog, I felt that way when some of my cat's died...*sniff sniff*:(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never knew you at all really, but I feel I should at least be respectful and say goodbye. From what little I did know about you though, besides your awesome artistic talents, you were really a great guy, and someone that I think many people respected. If you ever do comeback, I hope I can get to know you better than I did.

So, goodbye and farewell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wish i could quit playing video games, especially esf.... damn addiction

Best answers
[r4p3]! said:
i wish i could quit playing video games, especially esf.... damn addiction

wow that had absolutly nothing to do with the topic...congrats

and to Naz

good luck bro on whatever you go do

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish you luck naz, sorry about all of the stuff that happened. experiences like this will only make you stronger and wiser. Even though I never really got to know you, I hope to see you back.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Peace dude, no shout out to me??? *sob* meh, have a good life.

Best answers
Well Naz you were a great person, and it was fun hangin the times we did. Hope to catch you here later

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ouch lost another one. this forums art community is dwindling down fast.

good luck with whatever ya do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom