Natural Selection 2

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Even though Karrde had an alpha thread way back I'll go ahead and make this one. Anyone getting this game? I preordered it a long time ago and nearly forgot I had it, been playing the beta these past few weeks and have been having a LOT of fun with this game, just like I did with the first one.

http://www.naturalselection2.com/

I'll also have a dedicated server up soon, I'll update this post with the details as soon as I get the server switched to a better machine.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When does it come out?

I got the game for free so I guess I'll try it out, but never was into Natural Selection 1. When I tried the game out during alpha, I got like 3 frame a minute. Hopefully that's fixed.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The timer on the site is messed up, I believe. I think they are having a midnight release. I need to see what the time zone is for it.

Yea, the alpha and early betas were very demanding, the game is extremely playable now. They left everything in that made NS1 good, and I like what they've added to the game. The game has a learning curve, so it'll take a few bullshit deaths to learn your lesson.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Supposed to release now.

I wouldn't say playable.

I have GTX670 SLI, 2500K @ 4.5GHZ, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, and Windows 7 64-bit.

Runs like shit. Even with SLI forced.

Was in the beta 2 years. I got it for 18$ back then cause they had a Christmas sale. I also got a extra free copy I traded away for a Chivalry copy, that now I can't find an owner for. Annoying.

I hope it does well, but they still released early. The devs even echoed this on the forums saying they had to release or go for broke.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Been having a blast so far. The game demands a lot from your CPU but it runs fine for me. Had to turn some redundant settings down but it's not a problem. I'm confident it'll get better and better, the strides they made just over the past few beta builds were pretty big.

Running - AMD Fx-4100 Quad Core 3.6 GHZ, 12GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6670 1Gig of memory.

Game runs like shit because I hate you, make me smile and it'll start working better.

Everyone knows that DUH

(don't hurt me)

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AMD PhenomII X6 1090T Six-Core CPU
4GB DDR3/1600MHz ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1.2GB

The game stutters to the point where it's not worth it to play. Every 3 seconds my game will freeze for a moment. It's better than it was when I tried it out in alpha, but still totally unacceptable.

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My game seems to be running pretty smoothly...

i5 2500k
8GB DDR3 @1600MHz
GTX 660Ti "Superclocked"

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if I turn the settings and resolution down, my performance doesn't increase, though my CPU & GPU usage go to around 10%.

Game is just badly optimized. The latest patch, 225, did alot for it, but not enough.

One of my biggest issues is it's 70-80FPS, but feels like 40-50.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Been playing this off and on for the last few days. Enjoyed NS1 loads, NS2 is good aswell, but feels like more of the same.
Had alot of mediocre to bad games but a few epic ones aswell.

Overall still a fun and good game!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Been playing this off and on for the last few days. Enjoyed NS1 loads, NS2 is good aswell, but feels like more of the same.
Had alot of mediocre to bad games but a few epic ones aswell.

Overall still a fun and good game!
That's why a lot of stuff has been released along with NS2 for people to create their own weapons and game-modes.. I love that part.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, despite the very modular nature of NS2, I don't see a ton of large scale mods being made. The Engine, does not support much, except in door areas, and poorly at that. It's written in lua, which has to be compiled every time you run it, and it's single threaded, hence why performance is so bad. It's what makes the game so modular, but it is also a weakness.

I still hope some kind of "DayZ" mod comes out for that that promotes sales to the extreme.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought it last week and been having a blast. It's a great game to get in and out of. But I notice it does run slow for seemingly little reason. Still entirely playable for me, though.

I probably wouldn't recommend buying it just yet. Probably wait until it's re-optimized, but the more funds they get for it the better it'll be.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been playing on and off. ALways looking for a game though, hit me up. And yes over time performance and gameplay will improve. For a team of like less than 10 people this is an amazing game. Also a lot cheaper and more fun than standard AAA games. Also ppl need to stop buying all AMD products. Nothing seems to play nice on AMD these days and tons of teams keep having to make special patches to make things not suck on AMD hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom