Naruto: Naiteki Kensei

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To me, I've only seen eye candy and not game play other then the jumping system. Maybe more shots of player vs player than looking at Naruto's crotch?

I don't mean it in a mean way lol. :scared:

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before I comment i'm not picking on you, i'm addressing HL development, you were just the easiest quote at the time.

The reason we picked to develop NNK on Half-life was for a few solid reasons. First and foremost, everyones computer can run half-life and there are still those out there who don't have the luxury of HL2. Alot of those rare few who aren't able to play HL2 are probably the younger players who would be fans of naruto (albeit the english version on their local cartoon channel). And parents are much more likely to spend $10 on half-life, then $200 upgrading their computer so the kid can play. It makes it more accessible for everyone.

Secondly, we know it like the back of our hand. There isn't anything that we have trouble with when developing for half-life. We know all the tricks and we can develop a quality game a lot faster. We havn't had much experience with half-life 2, so having to learn some new techniques would slow us down and undoubtably cause a few problems at some point.

And finally, we weren't setting out to make a majorly complicated game. Half-life's engine provided more than enough for what we wanted to do. The only thing half-life 2 would offer would be a graphical enhancement. But even then with the help of our incredibly talented coder Ryokeen we were able to boost Half-life to look like a shadow of it's former self. And I promise you when we're done you won't even know it was half-life.

Thanks for all the support though guys, I can't wait to see you all in your own servers battling it out.
Not to mention that it's so much fun pushing HL's limits further.
I think we achived a really awesome look for the game that it doesn't look like HL anymore, which is a challenge, and we definatly enjoy and appreciate it. ^_^

=o

Edit:
Be patient, Lith. Do you really think we're going to reveal everything we have in one or two updates? =P

Last edited:
Best answers
This mod is just too awesome! I never knew you could push the HL engine this far. Though i wont be able to play it. Half life is out of reach to me. It's not in the stores anymore :( Wut should i do?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.steampowered.com

You can buy it over the net for like $5

Also SV are those textures animated or are the eyes able to be animated from the mesh? If they are animated from the mesh they look really really good! If they are animated textures even better!- I remember someone from the ESF team saying that wasn't possible.

Surely NNK has pushed the HL engine further than anyone else.

i wasn't saying they should put it on source, or that they shouldn't. was just saying they should put it on UT3.

Oh how I agree with you these days gir.

Last edited:
2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.steampowered.com
Also SV are those textures animated or are the eyes able to be animated from the mesh? If they are animated from the mesh they look really really good! If they are animated textures even better!- I remember someone from the ESF team saying that wasn't possible.
Well, I can't really reveal yet how it works and everything but it's not an animated mesh. We will have facial animations but to an extent. Animating eyes to this position will require a good amount of polies which we can't afford. ;P

But you can probably guess how it will work ingame, judging from the image. ;]

Spunky said:
I liked Sakura better when she had huge knockers.
No worries, Spunky! You'll get to enjoy boobies, big ones. Oh, and they're not Sakura's. ^_^

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I can't really reveal yet how it works and everything but it's not an animated mesh. We will have facial animations but to an extent. Animating eyes to this position will require a good amount of polies which we can't afford. ;P

But you can probably guess how it will work ingame, judging from the image. ;]

No worries, Spunky! You'll get to enjoy boobies, big ones. Oh, and they're not Sakura's. ^_^

I have a few ideas, though id like to know which one you guys thought was the most feasible and used.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
where did you guys find that qc file line that allows multiple textures without submodels? i'm allmost shure how that is done, texture + seqence event or something like that

G
KONG, MAKE HIM PUT SAKURA'S BOOBIES BACK! :cry:
Unfortunately she really is that flat

Hey, now we can have a female character that's not a sexual object, but has character traits and.. and.. Man, Sakura is one completely useless character. Being a respectable non-sexual character would be great if she was actually any ****ing use.
If you're going to introduce useless female characters, at least make them useless sexual objects.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
She's going to have a penis. D:

G
Oh snap, you know I had no idea who that was at first, I always recognise you by your Super Vegetto cell shaded sig, I never look at names.
It was confusing for a bit after Nix changed, too.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers

And it looks much better in motion and with all shaders turned on ... :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom