My Rant

Best answers
Has anyone experienced an insane increase in the amount of childlike behaivor?

I mean you kick someone's bum they throw a slew of insults and curses at ya.

If you don't fight they way they want you to fight they say your lame and take it upon themselves to make your gaming experience horrid. HOA is officially dubbed the lamer clan cause I was banned for pwning 2 of em 2v1.

The amount of trans killing is appalling now.

The amount of lame people throwing beams at people coming out of melee struggles is ghey.

The amount of time a throw takes is ghey

If I meet someone that kicks my ass all the time I continue to attack him...because it will only make me better. I'll study his tactics for my own use or find out his pattern (everyone has a pattern). I don't whine and say quit attacking me.

The old style of long swoops with 1-2 teleports is dead. Its all about Ki management. It took me a few games to figure this out and now i'm better off. Also swooping forward, then left, then up, then right, then forward again is a good tactic try it sometime.

No I don't advance melee when there is multiple players in a free for all...takes too much time and leaves me too vulnerable. I can hit you and hit the rest of the server in the time it takes for me to finish 1 adv melee shindig.

To add on that yes if the server is free for all i'm going to hit and try and kill every single one of you regardless if you think that this is 1.1 and geared to 1v1. I don't care if you team up with other people to kill me....its fun and only makes me better. Tho 2 doods trying to melee me while a 3rd and 4th throw beams is rather annoying.

And if i fight ya and kick ur ass real bad don't flame me just ask me how i did it. I'll be more than happy to either A. Give you advice B. Train you

I'm no where near godlike at esf but i'm always down for a good fight or challenge.

-Jinks-

Best answers
Jinks said:
The amount of trans killing is appalling now.
Its always been like that , but like everyone will tell you , dont trans out in the open

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, it is pretty funny, i feel exactly the same sumtimes, but what are you gonna do? eh?

Best answers
Jinks said:
HOA is officially dubbed the lamer clan cause I was banned for pwning 2 of em 2v1.
No Comment, Don't want to get banned for telling the truth about you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then do not spam

your pushing it as it is mikeg so i would seriously watch it if i were you

Best answers
Think about how many people who play Half-Life are jerks. Now think about how many people who like DBZ are losers.

It's no surprise to find so many loser jerks out there. There's nothing that can be done about it. The ESF team can't patch the players.

Best answers
Seriously Mikeg lemme know the truth about me...I'm curious. I'd go to the HOA website but dunno the link. That would allow me to post with undaunted flavor on how I really feel about the subject. As for trans in the open don't really trans in the open. Usually find a good spot to trans just sometimes like that damn tree board people follow you up into the leaves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystic Snidely said:
Think about how many people who play Half-Life are jerks. Now think about how many people who like DBZ are losers.

It's no surprise to find so many loser jerks out there. There's nothing that can be done about it. The ESF team can't patch the players.
Welcome to the Half-Life community.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think all but one of the things you just whined about are changed or can be changed with the patch. Throwing speed is increased, there is a short period of temp invulnarability coming right out of an advanced melee battle, there's a cvar to increase the speed of advanced melee by 50% selectable at server creation.

As far as trans killing, it's just because there are a bunch of new people in the community now. Personally I don't have a problem with it... if you do it to me, I do it to you.

Best answers
I agree with adv.melee, its takes to long uses to much ki, and now its a little over easy to dodge and boring cuz nuffin comes of it, I use basic melee, and ppl moan about it so much :p

trans killing I thought had been stopped. but no, it still happens, maybe its a cvar and servers have it turned on.

Best answers
Yeah glad to see a people see and feel the same way I do about these things.

Will they make me stop playing? No.

I'll continue to play and enjoy the game.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And let me clarify because I end up having to, the temp. invulnarability after advanced melee is only to beams from people you aren't fighting.

Let me also clarify that throwing speed and cost are being increased.

Best answers
Offtopic: I personally think that it should somehow be tweaked and be harder to block incoming hits in advanced, as for now everyone who played a couple of days block all not random hits...

Ontopic: Hmm it is true that theres alot of whining out there, but say today i played with some guy on my own server.. Lynx or something.. And first of all hes got this "your a newb" attitude, keep calling me newb and so on - well i fight him together with a teammate, and its cool untill he as freeza transforms. Then its seriously too much - he keeps making af deathball every 10'th second, and its impossible to do anything about it. Everytime u try to get near him or anything he just blows it up in ur face, and its radius is so huge and the chargetime so small.. It kinda ruined the fun = ( So yeah today i was one of those guys asking: "Hey dude, please stop using deathball all the time, it kinda ruins the game...". And hes just like: "Why should i care?" that kinda stuff.. And yeess i know its all about "it'll make u better" and thats also my standard attitude to these kinda things, but u just dont get better at it - he keeps doing the same thing over and over again and u cant get away, cuz nomatter where u are u just get blasted away...

Oh well just my opinion :p

Best answers
Yeah people that do that are lame....they aren't looking for a good fight at all. They just want to feel good about themselves. Seriously I'm not the type to hit hit then generic beam someone. I'll let that person get up and continue to fight. Sometimes if someone is really annoying I'll ki blob em or generic beam em.

Sound Artist
Best answers
if your fast enough you can dodge most things after being hit back.

Best answers
I'll take it the far way to kill some one.. but the first trans of a life is free. the second should be payed for...

quotes of the day ()

"1.1 melee noob"
"We've seen that in 1.1 play adv melee!"
"Stop dodging! face me!"

"yeah what ever!"

Best answers
hey dude dont worry about lynx...he was an ass in 1.1 and he will be in 1.2 as well...thats explains y he's banned from every forum/ded server he comes into...he cant keep his mouth shut...

*on-topic*
me and most of my clan dont even play anymore...its not worth the time and aggrivation to try to play a game that a 6 year old can pick up and play for 2 days and be able to block every hit sent at them...we've been around since 1.0 and havent gotten bored with the game...but within a week of 1.2 being released we stopped playin...either u fight someone with adv melee and go forever because its so easy to block...or get beamed commin out of a fight...or get *****ed at for using 1.1 melee....the game has become more geared towards the little kids that whine about everything they cant do instead of the loyal fans that have been here since 1.0 and before...i hope the patch helps cause if not i dont see many of the vets sticking around

Best answers
you know... if you really wanted... you could just have a community of people who still play 1.1...

and i havent played in a while so i cant comment on all the whining... but i do remember it occuring when i played a while back. eh, whiners will always exist... theyre pretty much a part of any game.

Best answers
lol whats funny is we were thinkin about tryin to start one with 1.0....just to see if we could bring it back

Best answers
There should be a group started for 1.0. Have a couple server hosts and keep a 24/7 1.0 Server going so the vets can have a blast like the old days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom