My Rant

Best answers
didn't play 1.0. As for the ppl *****ing about not using adv melee I say screw em. I fig it this way I'ma dodge 80%-100% of their combo then get a chance to damage them back. If they are stupid enough to give me the chance to damage them back thats on them. I'ma use simple melee most times and be the only one doing damage that round.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simple melee isn't so bad. It's those tools who overly abuse it...mouse sensitivity at 500% swooping in a goofy ass zig zag that hits you four times before you even hit the ground.

Also, in hearing "Start a 1.0 server community so all the vets can play," I just found that to be amusing, in a way.

But back onto topic...the game is designed around some concepts that, when properly used, make the game enjoyably simulate DBZ to a degree. To keep doing 1.1 melee...after all the lame *****ing in 1.1 about how "thats not for how teh shwo is"...is just stupid, number one. Number two, it should be duly noted that doing any tactic over and over again now that we have multiple options makes fights boring and lame.

If you're that desperate to win, you need to play another mod. This one, call me crazy, is supposed to be about having fun. And I don't find repeated abuse of any one move in the game very fun, for two reasons:

1.) It's annoying, predictable, and stupid,
and
2.) It's not fun beating your ass all over the map because you're using predictable lame tactics.

Nobody likes an SBC whore...or a Spirit Bomb slut...or a kame from the corner of the map every 15 seconds...why should it be okay for you to whore the one form of melee? By that logic, you should never complain about a beam spammer or a kill thief ever again.

Best answers
MysticUub said:
hey dude dont worry about lynx...he was an ass in 1.1 and he will be in 1.2 as well...thats explains y he's banned from every forum/ded server he comes into...he cant keep his mouth shut...

*on-topic*
me and most of my clan dont even play anymore...its not worth the time and aggrivation to try to play a game that a 6 year old can pick up and play for 2 days and be able to block every hit sent at them...we've been around since 1.0 and havent gotten bored with the game...but within a week of 1.2 being released we stopped playin...either u fight someone with adv melee and go forever because its so easy to block...or get beamed commin out of a fight...or get *****ed at for using 1.1 melee....the game has become more geared towards the little kids that whine about everything they cant do instead of the loyal fans that have been here since 1.0 and before...i hope the patch helps cause if not i dont see many of the vets sticking around
The vets who've been around sinds 1.0... LMAO
Look, we've always been an easy to learn but hard to master game, and people have always complained about that (OMG, you can just select an attack with a key! That's not l33t! we need combo's!!!). However, we are looking into ways to make the blocking harder (by example by using separate kick and punch blocking). As for the getting beamed when getting out of a fight, Joe is putting on temporary invulnerability in for that.

Best answers
Well seriously on topic here, I think there just needs to be more combos. I mean randoms are hard enough as it is. Also like I say your going to miss 1 eventually..keeps the game alive for me.

So IMHO just more creative combos and those who can't keep up with the combos are the lesser player.

Best answers
I pld on a dedicated 32 player server yesterday on map gero, there was a minimum of 5 krillins at anytime on the server hiding somewhere using scatterbeam, like they took it in turns to throw a beam and rapeeveryone on a server, I was jus thinking to myself w8 till I get BigBang u spammin *****es and as it was a 32 man server using adv.melee was near on impissible without someone w8in for the break and jump in, so all I did was basic melee EVERYONE, boot someone, turn arnd boot someone fly a little way and kick someone, my PL went up so much faster then adv.melee.

Best answers
I thought about the seperate kick/punch block keys too - that would really do the trick i think :) And shouldnt be so hard codevise id think? Anyways, would be really cool!

And yeah guys like Lynx are really *****es, dunno why they even play the game.. cant see the fun in making everyone hate u ..

Best answers
In the show most of the new animated hits were the single big hits (simple melee) the parts where both parties are in combos were always recycled animations.

As for me playing the way I want to...Yes I do, but it does take incredibly more skill to use basic melee than other tactics.

I don't use 500 sens I use 50. I don't understand how it can be lame for someone to use 500 sens. Seriously do you know how hard it is to control that high sens?!? If someone can constantly kick bum with 500 sens they need to be givin mad props for that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I reiterate:

1.) It's annoying, predictable, and stupid,
and
2.) It's not fun beating your ass all over the map because you're using predictable lame tactics.

Nobody likes an SBC whore...or a Spirit Bomb slut...or a kame from the corner of the map every 15 seconds...why should it be okay for you to whore the one form of melee? By that logic, you should never complain about a beam spammer or a kill thief ever again.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simple melee really does beat the pants off of advanced melee once you reach a high PL. It doesn't have a damage cap and meleeing someone into a wall does extra damage, besides the beam you're getting to get off on them. Servers using the faster advanced melee cvar in 1.2.1 should get more advanced melee action from people but it probably still wont beat people that are using simple melee successfully. Two things to remember though:

Advanced vs. Simple Melee Head On-> More ki use for the advanced melee player, but more damage too, particularly if you are pummeling them against a wall.
Advanced melee -> Throwing someone away so that you have time to charge and they take a little damage can buy you enough time to charge a big beam.

Only other note I guess I'd make is that more combos are on the way, and once there are enough that the combos stop being predictable advanced melee will probably balance out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. That, and not enough people actually try ti integrate the combos into a string of attacks...so as soon as yous ee the first two arrows you know what's up and they miss completely. I like to throw in several arrows and do the combo last...although once I managed to hit the same combo 3 times in a melee run. Hehe.

Best answers
Strangely enough, I am always doing the 3 button combo 3-4 times in one string of attacks (4 I cant do untill transformed), and its halirous how sucessful it is at doing damage, and it annoys people when they have to sit through 25 seconds of punching animations.

Best answers
thats why adv. sux for me takes too long. 25secs of sitting there w/out constant punching is boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom