My new map idea

Best answers
Well i was wondering what map hadnt been done or what things in exsiting maps was missing. Then it came to me one of the great things bout DBZ is the way the blow huge hole in building and even total them. So i have decided to make a city map with a load of func_breakable brushes and stuff like that. But im gunna need help with a few things. Few things im gunna need.

1. I need to know how to make smoke or dust clouds when my buildings get broken or totaled.
2.Need to find out the damage points for the stronger blasts so i can decided how many blasts the bottom of the structure can take b4 its totaled.
3. Gunna need to find sum cool office models and stuff like that to fill builsings wich can b destroyed.

What i really want it 2 b able 2 melee sum one through a wall or blow a nice hole ito it and then with enough blasts total it.
Just wanna get sum feed back on what u guys think :D

Signy

Best answers
O and id really appreciate and nice city wreckage like blown up cars or just debry that i could jam in lil things like that wud b really cool :D

Signy

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Edit your first post if you want to add stuff, double posting is not apreciated here. Anyway, i think such maps would cause massive lag, but give it a go if you want.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to have models in the map, you won't be able to make them func_breakables. You'll have to map everything you want to be able to break.
The main reason you haven't seen buildings you can destroy and maps where just about everything is breakable is because of the engine ESF uses. HL is a powerful engine, but you're not going to see buildings you can rip to shreds, and maps where you can destroy anything on them, while still having the map look good, and be remotely playable.

Best answers
Hmmm good points maby not then. Was just thinkit 4 a bit o fun always wntd 2 smash sum 1 through a few floor of a building but n/ hey ill leave it to the proffesionals :D Cheers for ur input dudes!
P.S sry bout the double posting

Signy

Best answers
heh... good luck doing it... i don`t think it`s gonna be that easy
for instance nr. 1 the wall is gonna brake whole... and if u try to make it peace by peace it would realy slow the game and the mapping procces
and nr 2 how dose a building look when all the walls are down and the seeling is still up? :p

Best answers
It would be nice if somehow you got it to work though, could get annoying after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom