My First Mech Ever

Best answers
Also the first thing I actually tried to draw, and first "submission" to the Artwork forum. I seem to remember someone saying this forum wasn't too active, and because I like to see awesome pictures I decided to practice (omg crazy idea, no?) and maybe we can add life to this forum. I want to be a good artist too :)

My first mech ever. Why a mech? Because they don't need realistic humanoid proportions >_>
It's a first step, so there. I will be painting this too.

EDIT:
I know it is devoid of features. Just for practice's sake, suggestions on what to add? :D

EDIT 2:
Oopseh, forgot to add, this took me about... 10 minutes. I think. I was into it though >_>
This is the best of me artwork! Don't expect more :)

EDIT 4:

Ok, I optimized the image. I mean, I basically made my lines dark where I need them. I'm going to start my painting (or should I just color) tomorrow.

EDIT 5:

Nevermind about painting/coloring tomorrow, I couldn't wait. However, I'm not done (obviously). I'm going to do all the shading tomorrow... for real this time!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mechs often got sharp lines or very smooth lines, try to use ur ruler to make it look better.
try on never give up

Best answers
Tryforce said:
mechs often got sharp lines or very smooth lines, try to use ur ruler to make it look better.
try on never give up
I see... then mine is a deformed mech! o/
Hmm... I hate the color scheme. I'll be playing around with it but... any suggestions for color?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Black, grey/metal/silver and red. It looks like an evil robot (claws!) so I think an evil colour scheme would really suit it. It looks awesome btw =D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's dog's evil twin with cyberatic arms and armor.

Looking good mate. ;O

Best answers
Thanks for all the favorable comments. Now for the moment of truth. This will make or break my reputation :D
Not shading yet, still seeing what colors to use. This must be the most shabbily put together edit ever, but I'm sleepy. I'll see you guys tomorrow, and hopefully some harsh, opinion-based criticisms to help me improve.

Best answers
mech

looks really cool..
but the claws.. with the red...
looks like nail pollihs :p
make them silver if they where knifes ^^
nevertheless it looks sweet!!

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice!
I like your imagination.
It stray's from the 'common' Gundam-like mech's.
Not all mech's really need square-like part's.
I like it! keep at it.

Best answers
Well this sucks. I tried painting, looked at tutorials. If anyone has any easy tips/suggestions, they would be very appreciated. My strokes are all over the place

Retired
Best answers
nice job you can already draw better then me. i can't draw so for anyone to be able to draw anything close enough to what its supposed to look gets a thumbs up in my book

keep it up

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reminds me of the first Angel that you see in Eva.

Best answers
i have a big tip....dont try to make a mech..dont even draw...honestly..im not good but DAMN your horrible

Best answers
Well, at least tell me how to improve it. Otherwise, you'll be seeing more of my "horrible" drawings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
t3chn0k1ng said:
i have a big tip....dont try to make a mech..dont even draw...honestly..im not good but DAMN your horrible
And a warning to t3chn0k1ng for trolling the topic.

Best answers
Hey g0Jack,
For Robots make sure that they're shells are high in contrast! just add more white i thikn it hsould help it a bit!! i can see the progress so nice! keep it up

Best answers
Hey Gojack i like that dude on your sig
who is it ?

good work btw keep it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom