MY first forum fic

Best answers
I wrote this story today. Its long so i will do it in three installments...
The characters are:
Scooterman: the leader of the three heros, a gunslinger
Vegeta's Briefs: a gunslinger
Mewtwo: likewise a gunslinger and batblade player
Hsu: Dark Wizard, who plans to ban all humanity from life
Awol: A major. Right hand man. Army fanatic (look at his sig)
ok here it is...

Best answers
The Final Hope by … …….call me Scooterman
Chapter 1…Infiltration

They approached under the cover of darkness.
Well, partially dark at least. The stars glowed like jewels in the night sky and on top of that their silhouettes were made visible by the constant flashes of light coming from a not so far off battle.
Sighting a bush they dived, sliding along the dew covered grass smoothly. Only the faintest ‘thwack’ sound made from the water spray would have alerted anyone. But then, there was no one to alert, the ground surrounding the tower was eerily vacant.
Scooterman the greatest gunslinger the world had ever known, poked his head up cautiously, just high enough so his eye’s cleared the bush. He eyed the tower, their objective, scanning it for possible points of entry. The tower in question rose into the clouds unspeakably beautiful yet somehow foreboding.
It was black, the kind of black that you can see even at night because it’s so black the night looks almost bright and pulses of green energy ran up it’s side, curling around and splitting on it’s slimy rock surface like veins. All the veins ran up to the top, merging and grouping together somewhere above the gray and ominous clouds. Only distinct flashes of intense green light from above hinted this fact to our heroes.
Scooterman breathed, “So this is the dark tower?”
V.B, scooterman’s long time friend and lover of leather wear, was crouched staring intently into the distance fixated by the sight of the battle that was being waged about 1 kilometer away, but upon hearing his voice she turned and looked hard at it, “Looks like it… This is where that Dark Wizard Hsu is hiding eh? So how do we get in Scoot?”
Scooterman shook his head, “We could try the old Genghis Kahn trick…” He turned to the last member of their trio, who was huddled deep into the bush. “What do you reckon Mewtwo?”
Mewtwo was a strange one, Scoot had known him just as long as Vee, but he never really got him. He wasn’t childish as such, but he was always playing childish games. It was strange that that should separate them, Scoot himself was not altogether serious but he felt there was a line, and he also felt that perhaps mewtwo had crossed it by playing with spinning tops the whole length of a mission that would decide the fate of the world. But he was a good friend, one of the best shots in the world Scooterman trusted him utterly.
“A Genghis? yeah, sure.” Mewtwo replied, un-holstering his guns and loading them, fast but with precision. V.B did the same. Scoot nodded at both of them and then stood. He had already loaded his on the hike over. The hike that had taken them through the front lines of hell.
He glanced back towards the fighting and an involuntary shiver racked his spine. Judgment day for human kind had come, and it had been brought by the despicable monster of a wizard that sat somewhere inside that tower.
With a quick jump he was over the bush and then began walking calmly towards the tower, making no effort to conceal himself at all.
Only ten meters short of the tower he stopped dead, his feet sinking slightly into the groping mud that surrounded the tower like a moat. They had seen him; he could feel it. His skin prickled, then, nothing. A few seconds passed and he began to doubt his premonition but with the ominous sound of grating sandpaper a section of the tower slid away to reveal an opening. It also revealed about 30 skeleton warriors, geared up and ready to decimate any opposition. Their eye’s glowed soullessly and beating their swords against their shields they marched towards him.
Scoot’s hands blurred in and out of sight as he unholstered his guns and began firing. A quick volley of red-hot lead pellets ripped into the approaching army. He backed away firing shot after shot.
Still they came, unrelenting in their attack. As the last of his bullets were lost into the mass of the dead warriors Scooterman looked around, sweat catching on his quivering upper lip.
‘Where the hell are they?!’ he thought angrily, shattering one hapless skeletal warriors skull with the butt of his revolver, dull white fragments exploded out, forming a pattern when they dropped lightly onto the mud’s surface.
As the final fragment was sucked deep into the thick goop Scooterman stood perfectly still and completely helpless, staring daggers at the army of skeletons as they grouped together not far in front of him.
“DOWN!” He heard V.B shout. Falling flat to the ground he saw a grenade fly gracefully right into their ranks. A ferocious barrage of bullets followed, tearing up their front line.
Screeching in rage over the fallen they stood unsure for a moment before the earth-shattering explosion.
It rocked the landscape, dirt and bones cascaded up and out of that spot like a geyser of destruction.
It was raining bones, one, a femur bone narrowly missed Scoot’s head, burying itself in the mud inches to the left of where he lay, pressed flat to the ground.
When the dust and smoke cleared there was just a pile of bones and armor where there had, not a few moments ago been a fearsome army. On the out skirts of this destruction about half-a-dozen still stood, slightly dazed but no worse for wear. Their soulless eyes took in the bones, the remains of their comrades, then slowly, and unanimously they turned to face Scooterman. For a second the air between them practically quivered with tension, then, with an ear-piercing scream they attacked all at once, their deceptively quick bodies merging to form ranks. The bullets blasted away from Scooterman’s freshly loaded guns with unerring accuracy, two skulls shattered and those skeletons fell limp, their bones separating on the way to the ground. With screams of anguish the remainder pushed forward with ferocious intensity, slashing the air with their crudely crafted swords. V.B and Mewtwo strode forward firing, the bullets being let off in quick succession. As the last bullet tore through the final warriors rib cage, silence fell, all the echoes being sucked up by the tower and the darkness.
The door was still open, it looked almost inviting. They entered and as soon as they did the door scraped it’s way back into place.

The crystal ball misted over and the wizard sighed and with great care put it back in its elegant case atop the exquisitely made marble table.
Stretching out leisurely in his oak chair he turned his deadly gaze out the window to survey what would surely be his greatest conquest ever. The conquest of humanity.
Lighting crackled, suitably he felt, above the scene, supplying the light to a dark play.
Rain was coming down in torrents over there and dead bodies were heaped up in the mud.
Screams echoed around the battle-scarred valley followed with the metronome sound of drums.
In the trenches the last of the human soldiers battled bravely against his own army, but it was a futile attempt. The war had been won before it even started.
With a ‘TWANG’ a flaming ball of rock from their last catapult careened deep into the ranks of his own, superior, un dead, leaving a scar of emptiness but within seconds hundreds more had taken their place. “That’s the good thing” he mused, “there’s no shortage of dead people.”
He laughed realizing the irony of it all. “Every human we kill eventually kills two more, I’m an unstoppable force!” His head sank down into his hands, “So all I have to worry about now is Scooterman and his motley crew… What a joke…”
The room shook as two doors swung open with much gusto, smashing into and bouncing off the walls, before swinging back and forth with much stopping and starting in a confused sort of way. In doing so they revealed a shadow filled hallway.
A man stood there, his face bathed in shadows. His silhouette spoke volumes though.
“Head up, we’ve almost won the war sir!” A deep voice boomed from the doorway.
“Ah, Major Awol. How are you? Is everything on schedule?”
The Major looked at him from across the room. Like all soldiers he was geared up in camo-green and the trade marked bit of wheat swung in his mouth like an exclamation mark to all that he stood for. He stepped forward, the sound from his large army-grade boots resounding around the room. “Ah, well we aint won the war QUITE yet sir, it seems that it could happen anytime though…about those gunslingers that have infiltrated the tower, um what should our course of action be, sir?”
Sighing dramatically Hsu the wizard gesticulated what he believed was the best course of action.
Echoes filled the room as the major walked forward again, his face screwing up in total confusion. “What was that sir, I can’t understand your crazy lingo!”
The wizard stared at him blankly for a second, “…this is a warning, do it again and I will ban you…now about the humans I would like them, alive and brought to me…” The wizard eyed the major’s gregarious but horribly scarred face, “But I’m interested, what do you think… Awol?”
The major took in a deep breath, he’d been waiting for ages to pitch this idea to the boss, it would fit the soldier stereotype perfectly, “We women’s clothing, run down there and cut off their heads and then eat their bones. Then I’d really like to run around the tower a few times with nothing on singing really, REALLY loudly… maybe something like the opera? …But then… that’s just me…” His voice trailed away as well as his eyes and he shook his head discreetly deep in thought. ‘Damn my pitch was a little off, I knew I should have brought out the diagrams…’ Pausing he looked down at the wizard, sizing up his reaction.
A frown had developed on the wizards brow, “You really are stupid, you know that?” The major stood still for a second before nodding,
“No, go do what I said, before I ban you from the whole force!!!”
“Well, you’re the boss, I spose…”
“Yes good, the doors are behind you.”

The path curved up and to the right, twisting into a labyrinth of sorts. The path or tunnel was lit by brightly burning torches that were fixed into the walls.
The three heroes walked slowly, their eye’s roaming constantly, even across the rough rock that curved up and around them to form the wall and the ceiling.
It was too quiet.
“HELLO!” V.B shouted foolishly, her voice echoing and distorting on the hard rock walls.
“That wasn’t very smart…” Mewtwo whispered glancing around nervously.
“Calm down Mewtwo, it’s just sound.” V.B replied, but in a quieter voice nonetheless.
Taking no notice of his companions Scooterman bent down and inspected a footprint that had been embedded in the soft moss, it looked quite recent. Running his finger along it he frowned, the moss was ice cold. He ran his finger along it again, catching some of it under his fingernail then cautiously touching a bit to the tip of his tongue.
Not surprisingly it tasted like moss. He shook his head; he was probably just being paranoid. The print had most likely been made by one of the skeletons, but if that was true why was there only? V.B and Mewtwo had doubled back and now stood over Scooterman inspecting the same print.
“What do you reckon Scooterman?” Mewtwo whispered the question anxiously.
“Quiet…do you hear that?” The gunslinger queried his voice slightly strained.
Tilting his head slightly he listened harder, there was the soothing sound of water running through the moss, but below that he could hear something else…
“Some ones coming…” Scooterman murmured urgently and stood, his right hand hovering involuntarily around the hilt of his revolver.

Best answers
Wow scooterman that is very very good. You are a very good writer and unlic other fic I've read I didn't have to force myself to read it, it was exiting and professional from begining to end please post more.

Best answers
thanks.
ill post more soon, when i know a few people have read it and replied...
or when i get tired of waiting for that to happen. that'll proabably be like tommorow.

Best answers
Very nice. I like it. I LOVE LEATHER! :laff: Maybe not leather underwear (which is what the wear in my name means), but oh well. How long did it take you to write it, can I ask?

*edited* It started a bit too fast (not enough time to explain what was going on), but it's good anyway.

Best answers
Finished it.
How long did it take? A few hours, probably 2-3 hours of laborious writing. But its done now
Ive added some more characters the full list is now in order of importance:
Scooterman: Legendary gunslinger, leader of trio of legendary gunslingers, earths final hope, you know the drill.
V.B: Short for Vegeta's Briefs, a legendary gunslinger who really really loves leatherware.
Mewtwo: Gunslinger, legendary warrior, feared across the world, lover of childrens toys.
Hsu: The dark wizard. Made a deal with Mr. Satan for power. In exchange he'd give the world.
Mr. Satan: He is the ruler of hell
Cucumba: The King, he drew the sword from the stone and has all tea parties at a giant stone table. He also brought together the team and organised the whole thing.
Yui Sakura: The Queen. She married the man who drew the sword from the stone.
Farago the Wise: A psychic, a wise psychic with lots of ideas...and suggestions.
General Hibiki: A grumpy general who rolls hiw eyes constantly.
Major Awol: A full on, go the military, stupid major. Is eventually banned by Hsu.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would never make a deal with satan:\ besides satan has no power :p and yes i mean the Mr. satan on these forums.

Best answers
Chapter 2-

As all three now stood in the middle of the tunnel, guns loaded, they strained their eye’s, fighting against the oppressive curtain of darkness in an attempt to see what they could all now hear. The shadows danced and played jovially on the wall, a reflection of their own statuesque figures cast by the flickering torches, and up ahead a rodent scurried in the would be darkness eying them malevolently.
Scooterman listened again, “It’s close now…” He let his hands close around the smoothly sanded wooden and finely crafted hilt of his guns.
On the wall up ahead a shadow stood unnaturally still. A shadow that hadn’t been there 3 seconds ago.
With an ear shattering roar the thing rushed, blurring in an out of the shadows as it grew closer and closer.
Scoot’s hands moved like lightning, the guns being drawn from their holsters and curving up in a deadly arc towards the target. He fired off a round at the thing in less than a heartbeat.
Still a blur it bounced up onto the wall as the bullets blitzed past it, ripping and tearing into the rock wall at the other end of the path, and continued to approach.
With looks of disbelief Mewtwo and V.B both emptied their ammunition at the thing and likewise hit nothing.
Blurring in and out of vision it appeared on the ceiling for a split second then disappeared altogether.
Scooterman’s bright green eye’s burned into the roof of the tunnel 500m ahead where the thing had last been seen. It was useless he couldn’t spot it.
The slightest breeze alerted him and on instinct Scooterman drew back, pressing himself flat against the damp, uneven, stonewall.
A blood stained rapier sung out a high-pitched warble as it ripped through the air centimeters from his face.
Scoot fired two bullets, both his trigger fingers closing simultaneously and blood, thick and black sprayed onto the far wall.
The thing stopped right in front of him, falling to one knee and for the first time they were able to see what it was.
“It’s a freakin vampire! In leatherware no less!” V.B proclaimed, amazed and delighted. “Did you see how quick it was? Bloody hell, good shooting Scoot!”
The thing twisted awkwardly to face V.B, its red eye’s burning with fury.
It drew back it’s unnaturally white lips, showing off it’s overly developed teeth which gleamed even in the poor light. It hissed and then spat, the bright red globule of spit spraying out and sticking to the wall with a wet smack.
“How hideous.” V.B murmured.
“I’ll finish it off!” Mewtwo announced and pressed the nozzle of his gun against the things skull.
His finger tightened lazily around the trigger “but first im gonna get my newest bayblade...” The vampire’s white hand blurred, 2 guns rang out in unison. By the time the echoes had died away two bodies lay on the dark moss floor. A thick stream of blood surrounded the two.
Bending down V.B assessed his friend, a slightly shocked and upset look on her face. Mewtwo lay there, the vampire’s awful weapon protruding from his neck.
Out of habit Vee pressed two fingers gingerly into the side of her friends neck, searching for a pulse.
“****… Mewtwo’s…dead…that monster”
Even Scooterman looked upset. “Come on, he have to keep keeping. Lifes a garden dig it...sucker. um yeah…”
V.B ascended to her feet slowly and looked at his apparently cold hearted friend objectively. Scooterman had been born into one of the greatest gunslinger’s lines ever and had been taught from a very young age how to kill. He had also been regularly beaten if he showed even the slightest signs of empathy. It was no wonder really, that he had become a bit desensitised when it came to death.
But he had never failed a mission, and his gun skills were legendary, which was why, she supposed the white King and Queen Cucumba and Yui Sakura had planned it like this. She couldn’t say that they had been wrong, he’d gotten them this far.
“I was just mourning the dead.”
“We just don’t have time for it lets go!”
“Fine, let’s.” Vee said finally, turning in the direction in which they had been headed.

“****!” the crystal ball shattered against the wall on impact, thousands of fragments fell to the ground, bouncing around and scattering as all small things are compelled to do. Each showed a different view of the same thing, a gunslinger lying dead with a dagger in his throat.
The wizard spat and then looked around the room, his eye’s positively glowing with animosity.
“He calls himself a major???” He screamed out the window at the enduring battle.
His voice picked up speed and power as it rumbled over the fighting, the shallow pools of water that had began to fill the hastily made trenches vibrated violently.
The battle itself now looked far from over. Reinforcements had spewed over the horizon catching even him off guard, and this extra manpower seemed to be enough to tip the tables back in their favor. Life it seemed didn’t know when to call it quits.
Which was quite inconvenient really.
With an almost reluctant creak, the only doors to the room opened.
The wizard stood slowly still facing the window, his black robe billowing impressively in the chilled nightly gale that now whipped through the room.
The major found himself pressed uncomfortably against the wall. Grimacing he attempted to shout something but his voice was lost completely in the roar of the wind.
“Major Awol…why did you send the vampire?” The wizard queried almost politely.
As he spoke the wind died away to nothing and Awol was finally released from the wall.
“Ah yes…about that sir…” His voice quivered with fear and he had this ridiculous urge to reach for his axe.
Hsu turned and approached him, seeming to glide across the floor, “Yes what about that?” still the same polite voice but with an almost undetectable edge of malice this time.
The major fidgeted uncomfortably under the harsh eyes of the wizard.
Doubt plagued his simple mind. ‘I don’t think he’ll let me off with just a little slap on the wrist this time…he looks pretty pissed.’ He thought quickly his eye’s venturing towards the ceiling in an attempt to make this use of the brain easier, ‘I’ll have to survive by my wits, I know I’ll just sugar coat the truth! He’ll never see it coming’
Taking a deep breath the major began his explanation, “Well you see…sir, I was going to do what you asked when it became apparent to me that the vampire was really a good guy and nice and trustworthy and I was hungry-”
“You useLESS GOOD FOR NOTHING FOOL!!!” With a single swift motion of his hand the wizard advanced on the cowering giant, muttering bizarre incantations. The major collapsed to the floor, the half chewed wheat falling from his parted mouth and rolling around listlessly on the floor. Grasping his throat he moaned in agony, veins on his throat stood out like scars. Adrenalin pumped through his veins, probably the last thing that ever would, and with one grasping hand he tried to get hold of his axe but failed, his hand freezing up just centimeters away from it’s goal.
With a final wheeze the great hulk of a man died, in what seemed to the wizard to be a rather boring and anti-climatic death.
Hsu stared at his former friend indifferently for a long time and announced after much deliberation, “You have just been banned.”
Apparently satisfied he turned and settled back down in his chair, facing the window, a scowl darkening his features. The gunslingers drew ever nearer, but he would be waiting, ready to ban them from their miserable little lives as well...

Best answers
Um Hsu seems to have taken a particulaur dislike to the fact that he appears as a banning monster, and id just like to say that even if he does ban lots of people and he did ban me from IRC for writing what ive written (see what us writers sacrifice?) and warned me for nothing i realise the irony in that...but oh well.
He is not a monster. No way.
So remember HSU IS NOT A MONSTER THAT BANS PEOPLE!
just to clear that up

Best answers
WHAT!?!? you killed my character? cool... I aways seem to die in stories. Do I come back evil?

Ah well, very good, I'm still waiting for more, more!

Best answers
yay good work scoot!
i like it plz try post more, and when you do tell me:p im not that active on forums anymore for somereason!:]

Best answers
Ever since Magus posted his fic, everyone has started to post their fics. Go Magus!

Best answers
actually i posted this because i liked Vegeta's briefs one (even if it is way too long) but i thank u for ur kind words glenn, ur a real ray of sunshine to me.
thanks everyone,
im posting more...now
maybe to the end i dont know ive finished it but im not sure if i like the ending so im still fiddling with it... oh well...

Best answers
Chapter 3- The end of the road

The pair rounded the corner at running pace. Vee felt her foot slip and would have fallen if Scooterman’s hand had not steadied him.
They stood there for a moment, breathing heavily, sweat rolling down their faces before gathering and running down the bridge of their noses and dripping to the floor.
The tunnel behind them echoed with screams. Hundreds of skeleton warriors were currently swarming after them with malicious intent.
A spear buried itself in the wall not far from where the men stood.
They started sprinting again, loading their guns as they did so.
Glancing behind to take in the full paHsuama of the scene, V.B spat angrily.
“I hate running away.” she muttered, “It’s for the weak. And leather is anything but weak. Durable yet comfortable.”
Scooterman was about to reply when he noticed an end to the path. Just up ahead the path tapered into a large shadowy hallway lined with expensive paintings and ornamental things, and at the far end of it stood two massive oak doors, almost perfect except for slight dents in their sides.
He felt the change through his badly worn shoes too, they now ran on lush carpet instead of the slippery and hazardous, not to mention moss tasting moss.
“Hey Vee, look, we’ve finally reached the end!” He whispered excitedly pulling at his friends elbow.
V.B nodded, “Yeah and look behind you.”
Scooterman stopped and turned not sure what to expect.
The skeleton warriors were still there but now they stood silently, their swords crossed across their breast plate. They had blocked the retreat, there had to be at least a thousand of them, standing tightly packed together row upon row with more still swarming in and falling into line at the back. They all waited, anxiously anticipating the gunslingers moves.
“****, it was a trap…all of it…” the words escaped Scootermans mouth heavily laden with fear and self reproach.
His head spun and he leaned against the wall to steady himself….
“All of it, he knew…all of it. So surely our journey and losses were fruitless”
A hand on his shoulder woke him, it was Vee.
“Come on,” She moved towards the looming doors, “we’re expected.”

Best answers
and finally the big action scene the showdown the climax the finale... Scooter + VB vs HSU
who will win? and who is this mystery fighter with incredible leather pants? will he tip the favour back in the way of HSU the dark wizard? And what is so strange about hsu's past? not to mention what on earth will his tribute to that ******* jedi pimp be? Find out next time on...what am i calling this thing again?...
Find out next time on Scoots FanFic...

Best answers
Chapter 4- The last gunslinger

As the doors slammed into the wall yet again the wizard flinched annoyed.
They just had to make an entrance didn’t they? No matter who many expensive doors they left dead and buried along the way!
He didn’t turn to face them instead he kept his eye’s fixated upon the war. Footsteps, the sound of softly treading feet moved towards him. He felt breath on his neck then the cold menacing touch of steel. Still he didn’t flinch.
“This is for Mewtwo…and all humans! Eat lead arsehole!”
As V.B pulled the trigger the gun exploded in her hands, 6 angry bullets buried themselves gratefully, Hsu was sure, in his expensive pine walls.
The wizard stood and turned to face them, grinning mischievously, “Well wasn’t that lucky? What are the chances of that happening?” He shook his head then looked at them seriously, “To tell you the truth it was I who did that, self defence you understand?”
The two gunslingers stared at this man, taken aback, finally Scooterman spoke, “Uh, yeah we sort of figured that-”
“It was pretty bloody obvious!” Interjected V.B.
“Oh really…sorry I guess I underestimated you yet again then…” the wizards voice was slightly apologetic. “Anyway, I planned all this as you no doubt know cause your so freaken smart…yes, well you don’t no why though and I’m now going to tell you.”
In an instant the room darkened, clouds gathering and clumping together, blocking out the star filled sky. Darkness closed it’s icy grip around the whole land.
“Look.” Hsu motioned to the roof with one out stretched hand.
A projected image filled the roof.
“Do you recognise her Scooterman?” Hsu asked turning to him.
After racking his brain Scooterman shook his head, “No, but judging by the hair on her face I’d say she was a witch”
“How very astute. Well to be honest you were wrong. It is a hamster. I didnt expect you too recognise her, she is my mother, she was murdered by drunk gunslingers who were camping just outside our town in the Hsuthern desert. They blamed her for a vicious sandstorm that was currently sweeping through the area.” He looked at the last two gunslingers who slunk back from the photo almost guiltily.
“And the best is still to come, this is a picture of my father…” with a distinct click the image changed and staring down at them was one of the most legendary gunslingers ever. Scootermans breath caught in his throat as he realised what Hsu appeared to be saying, V.B snorted, “Scoot your dad sexxed a ham…”Her voice trailed off as he remembered the company he was in.
“Now look…” Scooterman began hastily, raising his hands to block his face.
“No, that’s not why I brought you here. I brought you here to explain something to you. I wanted to explain why I have to destroy all life… except my own of course.”
“That’s not the reason?” V.B frowned, Hsu certainly had some issues.
The wizard looked at him darkly, “Don’t interrupt me fool, I share no kindred with you so watch it.” He sucked in a quick breath of air to calm himself and looked at them empathically, “Don’t you see, im tired brother, Life is cruel, it doesn’t suffer living to be honest…”
Scooterman folded his arms over his chest, “Im not sure I see where your going with this… and don’t call me brother, wizard…”
“I have made war…To cleanse us all of this curse which people labor under as a misconception of paradise…”Hsu breathed looking out the window, the flickering glow of far off fire lighting his face.
Scooterman shook his head, “…yet you would spare yourself…”
“I am not the one who causes sufferance to myself brother…the others do. So now I will ban them all for annoying the great Hsu…”
Scooterman reached for his gun, “Your insane! You want to kill everyone because you say life isn’t worth living yet you’d keep yourself alive…what kind of logic is that?”
V.B chuckled at the sight of seeing two fly’s mating on the window sill and was sent flying back across the room, skidding and bouncing along the wooden floorboards. Her back cracked audibly when it collided with the wall and. She gasped in pain, arching her back and screwing up her face.
“Fools, my logic is infallible! You just can’t see it!” Hsu cried his arm sweeping towards his brother.
Scooterman dived back firing both his guns at the wizard.
As he skidded safely behind marble table, flames engulfed the wall behind him causing the air around him to shimmer as the light was distorted. He kneeled, his back pressed against the flat marble leg of the table and looked around in a panic.
He wanted to call out to V.B or at least stick his head up and get a clear view of the room but couldn’t for fear of death.
The flames ate their way slowly and deliberately along the floor in his direction and he resisted the temptation to shoot at them, instead pressing himself harder into the table and tucking up his legs.

V.B looked up, dazed. Placing a hand on the ground she slowly made her way to her feet and then groped around for her remaining gun.
Hsu turned away from the blazing inferno across the room and strode towards him, his eye’s shining insanely. When he saw V.Bs weapon he laughed aloud, “You gunslingers can’t get over your guns can you?” V.B looked around for a better weapon and ended up grabbing a sword from where it hung on the wall.
Pulling off the sheath she swung the blade around expertly in the air, the high pitched whine sounding almost melodious.
“Please…” The wizard scoffed, a sword materializing in his hands, “I eat swords for breakfast!”
V.B stared in disbelief, “Don’t be absurd, how would you poo?”
With that the two rushed at each other, sparks splintering off into the air as the two blades collided in mid air. Hsu recovering quickly, attacked again, his sword glowing blue as it was thrust towards V.Bs chest. Just before it connected V.B parried, knocking Hsus blade aside with ease.

Hsu grunted angrily at the exertion, the girl was good. He had discovered something today: gunslingers were amazingly fast. Or maybe it was just these two, the other certainly hadn’t been. His head snapped back as V.B drove forward aggressively with her blade, very nearly decapitating him. That had given him an idea. “Hey Gunslinger, isn’t that your dead friend over there?” Hsu motioned with the tip of his blade to the doorway. V.Bs head snapped round and stopped. Her jaw slackened at the sight. Mewtwo stood in the doorway, slightly disorientated and pale but obviously alive, and on his legs, there was the most perfect pair of leather trousers she had ever seen. Trousers so perfect, she was frozen with awe.
A cruel smile touched Hsu’s lips, ‘perfect’ he thought, tensing his arm muscles and drawing back, preparing for the killing blow.
A hail of gunfire rained on him from behind. Hsu turned angrily, the bullets flaring off flamboyantly, digging deep into the walls in the face of his stare.
Scooterman stood on the table a midst the smoke and simmering air, his harrowed face staring evenly back at him. “It’s not really Mewtwo hes dead, this isn’t him” Scooters voice broke the spell and as this new mewtwo stumbled to the ground in agony V.b carelessly relieved it of its head.
She turned to scoot with tears in her eyes,
“I know But I saw him there, he was back Scoot and he had these pants… I want those pants Scoot” V.B sobbed behind the wizards back.
Blue light lanced out from Hsu’s outstretched hand, connecting with and engulfing Scooterman. Electricity crackled, blasting over his torso and limbs, holding him paralyzed. The skin on his face stretched back into a painful grimace. Hsu concentrated, lifting Scooterman off the table and slamming him repeatedly into the wall. Chuckling Hsu thought to himself, now that’s what he called sibling rivalry!
V.Bs sword sliced deep into his left flank. Crying out in pain, Hsu’s hand grasped at the wound, his face paling he fell to one knee. A steady stream of blood ran down his robe and spilled out across the floors, seeping and clogging the gaps between the polished pine floorboards. His eye’s clouded with anger and ignoring the sharp pain he rose to his feet, rocking back and forth for a moment before blasting the walls in frustration.
“I’m sick of this game! Now you die! Both of you!” He screamed his voice filled with hysteria.

V.B knelt down behind the table her sword pressed flat to the floor. she ignored the awful heat. With a worried eye she surveyed her friend and mentor who lay convulsing in the corner. ‘He saved me…’ She realized looking at the old gunslinger.
She heard the wizards footsteps grow near and accepted what she had to do.
Diving out to the side, he ran around and attacked driving the wizard closer to the window with every strike.
“FOOL!”
V.B cried out in agony, as she was thrown across the room yet again. Her head snapped back into the wall and she collapsed, blood seeping from hermouth.
Hsu turned to look at his handy work and smiled.
He turned and looked out towards the battle which was now reaching it’s final stages, there would be no more reinforcements.
He began to laugh hysterically, his right hand moved up and down up his robe, cleaning himself of the blood.
A sharp knock to the ribs sucked the breath from his lungs and shot him out the window. It was a long way down.

Scooterman fell, the cold night air whipping against his face and flustering his blood stained garments. In a few seconds V.B would be the only remaining Gunslinger, Scooterman shook his head in amazement; who would have thought that?
He hadn’t meant to overbalance after knocking the Wizard through the window but that’s what had happened at any rate. He didn’t feel bitter though.
Squinting through the wind down at the figure falling below him, his brother, he decided he’d like to spend the last few moments of his life looking at something good.
He cast his gaze up and across the barren desert and the rolling orange dunes, past the military camp and all the way to the horizon. It was sunrise, the suns light crept across the world waking it from it’s would be slumber. Scooterman smiled, it was going to be a great day.

THE END

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom