My comp got a virus that disables the internet help

Best answers
My comp got a virus that disables the internet!! any help plz?? theres no point for asking for more info cause thats all it did

i got adsl

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then how did you make that post?

What do you mean by <i>disables the internet</i>? That's quite vague, and considering you're on the internet to make that post, I really don't know what the virus does.

Best answers
i'm on a public comp

al the virus simply did was change my ip adress to random numbers (255.255.255 etc...) amd although the internets lights were on the internet does not work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Control alt delete and jot down everything and then goto a public computer and type virus + (name) into a search engine. Do research on everything and slowly close each one down at a time while your computer is on and if the one you've closed ends up being the cause, then do more research on how to repair/delete it.

Best answers
1. Delete your temporary internet files and all files in your temp directory first.
2. Boot your computer into safemode.
3. If you don't all ready have virus software get some, run the virus software, delete the viruses that it finds.
4. See if you can get onto the internet after deleting what viruses it picks up with the base dat engine that came with the antivirus software.
5. Update your antivirus dat engine.
6. Rerun your antivirus software and delete the viruses if any.
7. Get the critical windows updates for your version of windows from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

EDIT:

You might also have spyware on your PC, check out what your homepage is set to. If it is set to something other than what it should normally be than you might have spyware. Do you recieve a ton of popups? Does your computer seem much slower booting up than it did a while ago?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can still use the internet by booting into Safe Mode with networking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom